Un Wanted by VCA

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Completely confused with my VCA membership here in the UK.

Received a membership renewal form to complete and fax back to VCA HQ, got an email back saying they could or would not renew my membership and I must renew with the UK.

Thing is the UK only has about 5 members so collating the cash and sending it off to the USA is not always practical plus we have never in the UK had a business meeting or elections.

So this is a plea from a frustrated Viper owner in the UK will any US reagion accept my dues and process them or my membership will fall through the cracks in the VCA floor boards.

Remember that in the UK info on the Viper is only from the club/magazine and the forum guys WE NEED YOU!

Question for *** how are you renewing?

Paul UK 95 RT/10

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is my understanding that you must belong to a Regional Club first. (this is to get more viper owners involved with regional clubs). The President of your clube in the UK would then send the renewals or new membership to dodge.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
In the States, we will now have "centralized" renewals, as all responsibility will be brought back to Viper HQ (JR Thompson), so those who haven't renewed for 2001 (shame on you!) will be receiving a direct mail campaign from Viper HQ with a renewal request. Another interesting fact is that ALL "National Only" members will be assigned a region (which they can change if they prefer a neighboring region by writing in their preference). Since all dues have been standardized, this makes for a much more efficient method (and cost effective) of communicating to our Viper Nation.

Now, that takes care of the US...now for our "exports":

It was decided that each International club President would be responsible for collecting his/her regions' dues as to allow a seemless currency conversion, and to make sure that correspondences reach each member timely, and with little postage cost. If your region has just a few members, that's all the more reason why it should be an easy task for your President...and of course, every President always welcomes volunteers to help with specific tasks...just think, a nice title for your Viper Club status ... "Membership renewal officer" ... or maybe even "Treasurer".... hmmm.

OP
OP
P

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite sure where that leaves me, so let me get this straight, the Regional Presidents, change the rules, don't tell any of the members (Our President did not even know of this)the send out forms that are in correct and I get the feeling its a keep him quiet with a quick well, 'organise it for your self'.

And all for $100 a year.

The crack in the floorboard is getting wider and I can just see my membership sliding through it.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Paul,

I'm not quite sure I understand your issue...

Did you receive notification from Viper HQ that they would be collecting the entire amount?

Nothing has changed for International Members....all has stayed the same as last year

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Membership has caused some confusion for me too!! I 'thought' I was a member for several years, I phoned with CC to join, and had been receiving Viper quarterly, then a year ago I discovered apparently I wasn't a member as I thought I was!? I was quite embarrassed and upset, anyway, I phoned again several times with CC, and then a membership card arrived. I must be due for renewal soon?
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
P

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite sure where that leaves me, so let me get this straight, the Regional Presidents, change the rules, don't tell any of the members (Our President did not even know of this)the send out forms that are in correct and I get the feeling its a keep him quiet with a quick well, 'organise it for your self'.

And all for $100 a year.

The crack in the floorboard is getting wider and I can just see my membership sliding through it.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Paul........speaking as a Regional Prez only, the VCA is PROUD of our international members. Personally, I admire anyone who drives in rain as bad as the Pac-NW !!

The "changes" were made to make it easier for the International clubs to keep the portion of the dues that is due to them. It would be easy for the USA to charge your member's credit cards, with no exchange worries. But your UK region is entitled to a share of those dues, a process which just began LAST WEEK, and to which all Regions were notified 2-3 times. National HQ would have to send a US Funds check to UK.....pobably difficult for your club?

Again, please feel welcome here, and "in the club" and let the new Board worry about collecting your money in this new system.
It will all work out soon!

Yours in the mist......... JonB

OP
OP
P

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you can see two replies about membership both different.

Please please please all I want to do is part with some money, someone must want to take it!

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think requiring regional membership is not a good move. My regional club is not worth joining. Very few events, poor communications, poor web site, overall not up to other clubs I go to. I went to the meeting this past weekend (I got the mailer Friday for a Saturday morning meeting) and left after 1 hour of watching videos (I can do that at home). It was a waste of time.

I think its a bad long term decision for the club.

Just my .02.
Roy

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Roy,

The reason for the "centralized" billing was for exactly this purpose. Our regional Presidents need membership, and by offering them assistance on renewals, and new members, (and of course, a beefed up treasury) you can expect some great events regionally in the coming year... stay tuned... things will build to a frenzy.

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been wanting to join the VCA myself.I have tried to contact the Minnesota president several times, ie. email, and phone. I can't seem to get a reply back!

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just call 1-800-998-1110 and let them know you'd like to sign up for membership. You now will AUTOMATICALLY be assigned a region, or you can specify one (if you are in a situation that your preferred region is one other than that of your geographic proximity).

All memberships are now complete with regional membership.

OP
OP
P

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph,

Does that 0800 number include me in the UK or will my membership be refused again.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
That's a good question, and I'll get 'ya an answer...but there is an easier alternative for those that are across the water:

e-mail Kim your info at [email protected]

Make sure to include:

New Member or Renewal
VCA# (if available)
Name:
2nd Badge Name:
Address:
City:
State: (if applicable)
Zip:
Day Phone:
e-mail:
Vin:
Color:
Year:
Model:
2nd Viper Year:
2nd Viper Color:
Credit Card Type: Visa/MasterCard
Credit Card Number:
Expiration Date:

Or go to our website home page (www.viperclub.org) and click on membership app...fill it out and fax it in (fax number is on the form).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala