Unbelievable Viper Tech, Musclehead Keith Laxson

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had another wonderful encounter with Keith Laxson, our unbelievable Viper Tech for the North Texas region. I had a power steering pump pulley fail and my car was stuck in the garage. Since Keith's new shop, Musclehead, isn't open yet, he made a HOUSECALL, and fixed my Viper in the garage. How much would you expect to pay for a seasoned Viper Tech to make a housecall? How about ZERO?! I couldn't belive it. Keith didn't charge me for the work. He just wanted to help out since I was stuck. You better belive I won't forget this type of service, and will be first in line when his new shop opens.

Jay Lopez

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow. I wish I had Viper Techs like that here is Aiken SC. All of mine treat it like a Neon. Sounds like you have a keeper.

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ninjaviper:

His shop is "Musclehead, Inc", and it is located at 35N and 121, 6 blocks west of 35 in Lewisville. His shop opens tomorrow, and I am dropping off my Viper tomorrow for some work.

On an aside- You are in Ft. Smith? I am from Ft. Smith- my dad still lives there...

ntxvipertech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK OK I get the hint to get the shop open,but not yet.As some of you know I am picky so the shop has to be almost perfect.note the building was built in later 30's to early 40's so alot of prep involved.but when we are done it will be worth it.So the forcasted opening date is Aug.1st.I will post again closer to that date.If anyone needs help please call at(214-674-9340).maybe I can resolve problem over the phone.Until then hang in there.

Thanks,Keith "MUSCLEHEAD"

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the shop was built about 75 years ago...can we pay you in money valued back in the 30's and 40's?

It's the least you could do to help us offset the Viper Tax....

Oh well...I trusted you at Huffines...I trusted you at All-Pro...guess I'll run with the wolves and trust you at Musclehead. By the way...who dreamed up the name?..figured you might go with something like Goobers.

Good luck Keith....Clark

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care what people say about short guys, Keith is awesome! :D

Seriously though, he's the only way to go. He really checks over everything through and through when you take the car in. Saved me a bunch both money wise and time, he's quick!

Another club member was waiting over two weeks for another Viper tech to get his car up and running, and after getting frustrated he called Keith. On the FOURTH OF JULY, Keith made a housecall and got the car ready to go! That's service!

Keith, I'll be calling soon when my car gets back from Bob @ Huffines to get whatever done that the warranty did not cover.

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last 4th of July (2004), Keith made a housecall to replace the battery in my GTS, which had gone completely dead without warning. I was stunned that he took the time to take care of my problem on a holiday, and was very appreciative. Keith goes above and beyond anything I had ever imagined.

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith,
Glad to hear you've got your own shop. Hope to visit next time I'm in the Dallas area.
Good luck!
jim

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than the twin supercharger system installed by Dan Cragin and his people on my 97 GTS (love it!), no one else has worked on my Vipers other than DC engineer Rich Carlson and Keith Laxson..... since 1998. Whether it's been recall work, normal maintenance, or even "upgrade" installations, I never worry when Keith has the keys to my car. Never, ever, had to take anything back for even one "oops" either! He does all the work now on all my other DCX vehicles. Not just a "musclehead", but a friend for life! :2tu:

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith is the man... I am the other Viper owner that he made a house call to on the 4th after getting hung out to dry by someone else.. No one but Keith will touch my car.. and he does not know what the meaning of the word viper tax... his prices are more than fair.
-Brian

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care what people say about short guys, Keith is awesome!...

Hey Keith...is it true that your lifts consist of a couple of bricks under each tire...leaving you plenty of room to stand?

Short people: last to know its raining...first to know its a flood.

When you gonna open the dadgum place Goober?....my car needs some Zaino around the third brake light...

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm ready to check my '94 into musclehead care for some maintenance and tune-ups! Let us know as soon as the place opens!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
..... How much would you expect to pay for a seasoned Viper Tech to make a housecall? How about ZERO?! I couldn't belive it. Keith didn't charge me for the work........Jay Lopez

He obviously intends to make it up in VOLUME ! After 15-20 more housecalls each week, he will be sittin' pretty! GOOD LUCK in your new endeavour Keith.... Are you gonna install a CLARK BAR in the waiting area??

P.S. when I bought a TX car for VOI-8, I found one that KEITH had worked on, and had him prep it prior to VOI. He made yet another housecall to the prior owner to claim some absent parts, and we made the ViperMag COVER with that car........flags flying. Use Keith With Confidence.....

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooooo Goober....someone told me the other day that your shop was FINALLY open. I'll alert the media...

I did take a sceneryless drive to Lewisville the other day to see if the shop really existed and what it looked like. After I waded thru the homeless looking for work at the Seven by Eleven and motored down the street I immediately noticed that that the social environment that you had plopped yourself down into looked pretty good...nice and clean. I also noticed that you located your shop right in a turn...nice location planning goob...people WILL see your place if you EVER get a sign! (and I still think Goobers Viper Service,etc is a much better name than Musclehead).

Shop is looking good....loved the classic Impala you had there.

You're on your way goob...and I know you're gonna do well...in spite of not using the name that I came up with.

Your Friend,
Clark

Dreamert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I wish I had Viper Techs like that here is Aiken SC. All of mine treat it like a Neon. Sounds like you have a keeper.
Hey dont go bad mouthing Neons lol !!

We have are special care takers too for our SRT4s around here!

Nice to know that there are still some good guys out there who care as much as we do about cars...even when its not there's !

Congrats to this fella !

ntxvipertech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the great support.Well it's finally open and doing buisness.Thanks to the guys who were one of the first in the shop.I will have something for you all in a short time to come.I am still working on some projects inside and will post pics when available.

Hey cstegall,I have those wooden wheels you wanted and ordered more rubber bands for that jalopy your peddling around in. :2tu:

ntxvipertech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,Cstegall I sold the wooden wheels to 5yr old to fit his waggon,at least it was yellow w/ blk stripes.Call me if you want some new ones.972-434-5800

oh!! hell here is the tollfree # you cheepskate 866-434-5800 :rolleyes:

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goober...you traitor!...I was planning on using those wooden wheels to help me get some extra grip at the track since the work you have done on the car has finally gotten me some speed....and...I am happy that you were able to help a child...pretty much looked-him-in-the-eye when you did the deal didntcha? And the cheapskate remark has been noted...just wait'll you are trying to raise money for MWJ(Midgets-with-Jobs)next year...my contribution will be much smaller.

Your friend...
Clark

ntxvipertech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I got eye to eye with him,after standing on my trusty 5 gal. bucket.Sad to here your not helping this year your "little buddy"will be disapoited.

Hey are you going to the 21st. Southwest Mopar Mini Nationals in Garland,sponsored by the dallas mopar club sept. 3-4.

I here Goober from Musclehead will be there passing out cards and showing his"talent" hope he doen't get carried away.

As far as the yellow beast goes I have some new cool stuff to put in/on.
see ya soon.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new shop, Keith!

I'm sure you'll get a ton of business, especially as the summer winds down and people put their Snakes in for hibernation and some 'upgrades'.

Best,

Clint Sever

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on, Keith, you're totally spoiling me now!

I just picked up my snake a few days ago and it feels like a different car! No more throttle irregularities, it runs cool as ice, the interior heat has gone down drastically, and the clutch is a dream now!

It really does shift well, I can feel the difference of quickness I put power to the ground.

For those reading, Keith practically built me a new car with all the parts and changes I wanted done... The work was well beyond what I expected, he fixed things I didn't even know were wrong!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang