Unhappy with Dodge Customer Support

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, did Dodge fix the problem or am I missing something?

Please e-mail me your VCA number and I will see what I can find out.

I guess you have never owned a Ferrari, because if that is the direction you are going the repairs on a $200,000 car are much more costly and service always takes a long time. Generally, a Ferrari service department provides service to the "top" customers prior to single car owners. You may want to look into this type of ownership before you take the plunge.

BTW, if the motor was sent to Team Viper then that would explain why it took so long. Usually it is shipped from the dealer to Arrow Racing.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob isn't the only guy to feel upset. I was dragged thru hell by my local "Bonehead 5 Star Dealer" and the little boys & girls on the DC 800 line. After about 12 months and $500 of my money all of everyone's mistakes were finally fixed (I hope?). I doubt that I will ever buy another Chrysler product again. The launch of the Gen III car many turn out to be pure hell for their new owners.

Reaction score
Very unfortunate that service is so varied. But the poor service is mostly a dealer issue. Also if you had requested help from your VCA Regional Pres. info could have been provided to put a little on the problems. Chrysler Customer service has no contact with the engine re-builder. My 97 GTS engine had a major rebuild and the total cycle was about 3 months. I spoke with Team Viper and knew about when the engine was scheduled to return to the dealer. Your poor experience would not have existed from Bob Woodhouse, Claude Short, Autoworld, and other's that offer good service. You think you had a problem with the Viper, buy a Ferrari and find out how many years you need to wait for a custom part. You VCA is here to assist members with any valid Viper issue.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car is completed. the car is running, the motor was re installed the day it was rec'd. i'm not a big fan of some dealers but i do know that the service dept. & the techs are top notch. If jim, john or joe could have done something to get this car running sooner they would have done it.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bob,

As I have said in the past, I would be glad to help you sort out your frustration.

You're welcome to call me anytime at 732-531-4600.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would support the comments above that suggest that the Dealer may have played a significant role in your debacle. I would strongly support that POV (read between the lines Bob.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really did not want to comment on this, as I believe I know which dealer you are referring to. I have not heard many glowing reports about them. I too would susupect that you have a dealer problem more than a Dodge problem. The Techs are probably not at fault either..it is probably more about the service management not going to bat for you with Dodge..OR...not really caring how long your car sits there.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ouch! You Jersey guys (yes, I am one!) sure are getting cabin fever with all this cold weather.

Please call me, I'm here to serve! (732) 531-4600 (days)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SNAKE PIT RACING:
The dealer said that there was no way to adjust the door and that the door sill would have to be cut to make enough clearance for it to close properly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GEEZ! Where is the top-ten list when we need it !!!!!!

Reaction score
I am going to NOT be politically correct! Most Viper owners I know are very intelligent. Perhaps that is why they selected a Viper and also how they could pay for it. So for anyone to sit on their butt and accept despicable service is their problem! Dealers, their employees are people some with better skills and attitude than others. I feel that service needs to be improved at many dealerships and perhaps this is an area where the VCA can help Viper owners and Dodge? There are good dealers that we know who post on this board and their customers also complement them as well. So to not take responsibility for your cars needs is the owners problem! The same as letting the schools and churches raise your kids!, I do not think SO! If you have a problem contact you local VCA pres. first and move forward. If you do not belong to the VCA they will likely help you any way. But a Viper owner that fails to understand the benefits of the VCA likely will expect tech. service from an 800# whose employees have no access to the Viper product or service area.
I have had a few problems and they have been fixed by dealers that I know do a good job. Face it the Viper is not really hard to service but the owners expect quality service which at some locations is lacking even for a Neon. MY $.02

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob you should have kept your membership after the initial year. Then you would have had plenty of assistance in getting the issue cleared up. Someone once said that, "membership has its privileges". That has always been the case with the VCA!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Steve. Its amazing the number of folks that post here, hang out here, ask for help here and never bother to become VCA members. The club has been instrumental in assisting me with some issues I had with a truck. I have had nothing but good things to say about my dealer and the Zone Service manager (who was dispatched quickly and worked with us without being the least bit condescending)

For all you folks that use this board and are not members of the VCA - don't expect too much help. I mean support the club that provides this board, brings these gurus here to answer your questions and fights on your behalf. It is the LEAST you can do....

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni, thanks for the backup!

In a nut shell, this whole situation could have been resolved if certain things were done. Whether he was a member or not, we offered a hand. After his letter to me I am pretty certain that he is only looking for a reason to complain.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bob bello:
I was a loyal Dodge owner. Well guess what, the Viper order is going to be cancelled and I'll look at Ferraris now (please, no debate on which is better). Bob Bello <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Bob, I certainly sympathise. But as one who has tried to help a few folks here, I can tell you that you did NOT take full advantage of your VCA membership and its benefits / privileges.
As a past exotic owner who has waited MANY months for obscure parts, I think that you may be jumping from the proverbial frying pan..............

But ain't it great that the 5-year old 1996 RT was (finally) repaired under a warranty (!!!) during a 3-month winter period (in PA) when you were unlikley to drive it anyway?

We MAY not be sympathetic-sounding, but we do sympathise. Ring us up again when you do your 5000 mile service on the Ferrari! Or stop by the next Viper-Ferrari War for some REAL "buyers remorse"

Respectfully,

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have to AGREE with Steve, Janni, and JonB...Viper Club is a wonderful resource, and a group who would do about anything for their fellow members, not the least of which is sharing info/connections/leverage with each other when a brother or sister is in need. If one sifts through the posts here concerning problems, it seems to ME that many things start to "smooth out" as VCA members (especially LEADERS) get involved...can't imagine why one would not want to join club, and take an option on level of involvement! Thanks for "listening"

Steve Fess Sec. Ind/Ky and ILL. VCA member

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many "service industries" have been degrading for some time. The auto "buisness" has had its share of "horror" stories. Yes you should have been given a courtesy call at least from a Dodge rep but in these days of "everybody is busy", and service personal who just are not orientated to "quality service", you see it happening more and more. Do not "EXPECT" any kind of personal involvement by large Corporations. America has changed. If you had a bad experiance you certainly are entitled to take your $ elsewhere. These kind of experiances are always difficult no matter what you bought!

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, the VCA is the un-official avenue for Viper owners. We have the access to get to the people who can help, and that has occurred many times in the past. I will wager that your local VCA president actually speaks to the powers at Dodge more so than any Dodge Field rep in the Country!

The VCA has always received great support from Dodge. One of the main reasons for this is to provide for the Viper Owners.

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bob bello:
Fact of the matter is I do not belive I should have to pull strings to talk with someone in DCs Dodge divsion to express my concerns.

my complaint was I could not conttact and speak with some at DCs Dodge divison to discuss my displeasure with the situation. Very simple request.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very Simple answer: Call the dealer principle of the dealership you are having your 96 Viper serviced at and ask him if he would have the appropriate person with Daimler Chrysler please contact you. If you are with a 5 Star store it will be done.
I am not able to do this for you as I am not the selling or servicing dealer. From my experience as an old bald guy, try not to allow one person's shortcomings taint your opinion of the entire D/C basket of products and people.
Bob Woodhouse/Woodhouse Fd Dodge Chry Jeep Blair, Ne.

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey "old bald guy" don't you have a car to prep or something. And do something about that Bill P guy. He keeps calling me pretending that he is from Columbia. You need to keep him a little busier. If I bring my Viper in will you make him wash it, personally?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960