Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
puke.gif
1badgts

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, do the math, what does 2% =. But, that wasn't really my point, I was flabergasted that 1Bad said he had bought an SRT. I think I could make the argument that he dislikes this car as much or more than anyone posting here. And of course that's his right. I was shocked! Did he really order one? It's like hearing Osama Bin Laden has converted to another religion!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS:
Craig, do the math, what does 2% =???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow do I ever like being treated like a dumb kid. To do the math I need the dealer invoice price to know what 2% will be. Do you know what it is???It could be 100K (though unlikely) I'd rather be settled on $500 over invoice than 2% of the unknown.

If 2% above invoice = $500 then the Invoice for the SRT would be $25,000. I'll take 10 please

Craig

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dtibs2:
I wish that "Closed Minds also came with Closed Mouths" !!! Hey Wizzard WAKE UP, this is not CUBA, its the good Ole USA.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY dtibs2,
confused.gif
I guess you need new glasses? My post is an update from DC not me!
nosmiley.gif

Hugo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I think you guys with certificates should have ordered a
SRT from ELHART. Jeff is the owner and his assistant Rebeca Lopez are great. They are selling me my SRT for 1500 under retail and also are only getting 10% above cost on optional equipment. This people are great I wish I had gotten my 1999 R/T10 from them. Hugo

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hugo:
Hey I think you guys with certificates should have ordered a
SRT from ELHART. Jeff is the owner and his assistant Rebeca Lopez are great. They are selling me my SRT for 1500 under retail and also are only getting 10% above cost on optional equipment. This people are great I wish I had gotten my 1999 R/T10 from them. Hugo

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that $1,500 under MSRP?? if so.. that's not a deal at all

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

You bring the camera, I'll bring the SRT, and we'll get a shot of 1 Bad's face when the GT-40 LOSES to the SRT in the first race between the two!

No professional drivers, no pulleys or intakes or ice... drive to the track and run what ya brung.

I don't think there is a crow alive big enough for 1 Bad to have to eat!
smile.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Bad,

Ok, on the exhaust... I *DID* have the rear muffler removed - HOWEVER the pipes I had put on instead were not working very well for me - they were 2.25" non-mandrel bent pipes. I lost a few HP and gained a few LB-ft of torque after doing before-and-after dynoes of this mod. I had also had a little incident over the summer that put a nice egg-sized ding in one of the tubes, which definitely didn't help me very much.

I have a dyno graph of my car that was done not long before the E-town event, if you would care to see. My car made 415RWHP and 465lb-ft on this particular run - so that's well within a stock car's numbers right? Actually Tony was there and I'm sure will back up the numbers and the "stockness" of my car (its not like I had ice boxes on my intake or anything).

As for whoever said I was running something other than MXX3's, I challenge that person to BE A MAN and come on this board and say that IN PUBLIC rather than telling you 'offline' that I had something besides MXX3's, because it is total BS and it upsets me that someone would try to discredit my time by implying that I had something that would make a huge advantage like different tires.

So, I want to know who said I was not running MXX3's? Probably someone who just would like to cut down an honest 11.6 run because they aren't able to do it themselves.

So who was it 1 bad? Do tell! Come out, come out, whoever you are....

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Bad,

Sorry about the legth of this, but I can type just as fast as I can talk, and I have a lot to say....

I never hid the fact that I had the muffler removed. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it did not help my performance at all. Actually, I removed it because I liked the sound better. When Rick Martino and I dynoed our cars - and they were within 0.5hp of each other (with him being higher), I contemplated removing the pipes I had put on, but I liked the sound so I didn't bother.

There are a few other things I forgot to mention... my car had a different stereo, a Sean Roe cooling fan kit, a battery tender mounted next to the ECU, an X10 home control kit installed, the visors were removed (big weight savings!), and a few other things I'm probably forgetting, so by your definition it was far from stock.

As for "dont worry about who told me" - I don't believe anyone said that to you, and if they did, they are the biggest WIMP I have ever seen in my life for not coming on the board and saying it to ME personally and giving me a chance to respond. What tires was I running then, 1Bad? Huh?

The thing is 1 Bad, some guys are so into drag racing. Maybe they have issues or something and like to feel good about how well they run. For me, it's just a night of fun out with the guys. I really don't care if I win or lose, or how well i run. I am only competing with myself, and nobody else. I am so sick of everyone trying to discredit others, and take away the accomplishments of others. I will just say this 1 Bad... I have run faster in a stock car than Evan has... and you know what? I HAVE RUN FASTER IN A STOCK CAR THAN YOU WILL EVER RUN! *YOU* will NEVER see an 11.6, or an 11.7, or an 11.8 in a stock car - because you have some guy doing your driving for you. You sound like Evan's little nursefish... following him around prancing in front of him and whenever someone is talking to him, you jump in the middle and make sure to point out he is your friend and buddy blah blah blah.

The sad thing is, I'm sure Evan is a great guy, and his driving record is impeccable. I'm sure he has fingers and can type on here if he wants to, and doesn't need a spokesman like you to speak for him.

1 Bad - listen to me carefully here: HE has connections. HE runs great times. HE got a Mustang cobra to test, HE is friends with Colletti, HE is the publisher of the magazine. YOU are NOT him, no matter how much you post about him and how close you tell us you two are HE is Evan Smith, NOT you - so get over it already.

As for the person who said I was running non-stock tires, I'd like this person to step forward and have some backbone. I have an idea who it is and if it's who I think it is, it's the SAME person I've seen posting stuff like "Hey I just speak my mind"... I guess that only goes when it's through private emails.

11.68 is my best 1Bad... but 11.76 still beats 11.77. I would LOVE to run *YOU* in a stock Viper, embarass the hell out of you, and I'm sure Evan and I would get along great aftewards and go for a beer, but we'd have to leave you behind, because I don't think either of us could take your constant reminders that "hey, did you know Evan is my buddy? hey, did you know Evan knows Colletti? Hey, did you know Evan has a magazine? Hey, did you know Evan ran an 11.77? Hey, did you know good Evan is?".

1 Bad, I just can't take your constant harassment. You are going out of your way - even soliciting dubious facts from others to "prove" I am lying. I don't get it. I don't disrespect Evan, but I am a good drag racer, so I'd like a little respect too, rather than the mudslinging and constant attempts to rip on me and my times that you always put up.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Mike Brunton on 05-28-2002 at 08:58 PM</font>

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Thanks for the support my friend - you're a good guy
smile.gif

The thing is, I have never met Evan Smith, but I can't help thinking he would be downright EMBARASSED to see his name slung around like this.

1 bad, you drop that dude's name more than a diarrhetic camel drops mudpies... it's just ridiculous.

You know what, I just did a search on this board... searched for "Evan Smith" and "1 Bad GTS". I found FORTY FOUR topics and in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM this 1 Bad GTS guy was dropping Evan's name.

I feel bad for Evan... 1 Bad is like an obsessed girlfriend, he just can't leave it alone. I wonder if he camps outside Evan's house and calls him at 3am and whispers "eleven seventy seven" and then quickly hangs up? I wonder if he has an "Evan Smith is my hero!" shrine in his house, with pairs of Evan's used underwear, and pictures of Evan cut up so they can be put next to pictures of 1 Bad? It's borderline creepy.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(in the spirit of my friend Fastguy's masterful humor on the other site)

Hey guys, did you know Evan Smith is my friend? That's right! I know Evan Smith! He has a magazine, and Cobras, and I hang out with him on the weekends sometimes! Well, when he lets me that is
frown.gif

You must be registered for see images

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on evidence provided by 1 Bad GTS I have determined that it is scientifically impossible for anyone to beat Evan Smith in a drag race. You see, according to 1 Bad GTS, Evan Smith is in fact god, and is therefore omnipotent, what with the racing, and the winning and the vroom vroom vrooom..ouch I feeeeear him

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, my name is 1 Bad GTS and although I don't have many friends I am good friends with Evan Smith. Did you know he ran an 11.77? He might not tell you we're friends but trust me we are... he came to Krusty Burger the other night in his 2003 Cobra and let me polish his rims! He does beat me up if I dont give him free burgers but that doesnt mean he doesnt like me!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I grow up, I want to be a drag racer just like Evavan Smorth! Ouchie... I drank the gasoline and now my tummy has an oh-oh

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI, I'm 1 Bad GTS... you might remember me from such posts as "Evan Smith is my best friend", "Me and Evan Smith rolling down the strip together", "Please don't hit me again Evan" and "Evan Smith, is there anything he doesn't know". I'm here tonight to talk to you about Evan Smith! Did you know Evan Smith is my friend? Did you know Evan Smith ran an 11.77? Did you know that with minor plastic surgery, you too can be mistaken for Evan Smith at public events? Well I'm here to show you how it's done!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy $hit Mike that is an EPIC couple of posts!

and regarding the gt-40, if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. I will regard it's performance WHEN there is a car rolling around under it's own power.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,

That smiley pic is the best I've seen in a long time
smile.gif

Maybe I am inferring too much, but I think 1 Bad's whole "for reasons I wont go into here" means he is planning to sell the car and make a profit. That's his right I guess....

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How I could've missed his thread, I have no idea! Mike there's no way you came up with that yourself!! No way!! I'll never believe it!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey, thanks for the support
laugh.gif

1 Bad,

Please allow me to quote from my other post where I said I WOULD COME TO ENGLISHTOWN...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>1 Bad,
Thank you for the generous offer - I would like to hereby accept it with the following comments:

3) I would appreciate as much notice as you can give, because my schedule is CRAZY at work lately. I promise I will not stand you up, but you can't tell me a week beforehand either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said you can't just tell me a week before, because things are crazy at work. I am not even in New England until the middle of next week, so what do you want me to do, fly back to run your car and prove a point? I told you that you need to give me some notice here. If it's been scheduled for months, why didn't you tell me?

Since you seem to think I am backing out on you, how about we pick a Saturday in July sometime - that will give me plenty time to schedule it. Any saturday... you tell me and I'll make time.

How about The 13th? The 20th? The 27h? August 3rd? August 10th? August 17th?

Any of those days are ok with me - I will block ALL OF THEM off my calendar today (Just did it in Outlook... they're all now reserved as 1 Bad asp-kicking days).

So, you tell me... don't duck and cover and tell me a few days before hand that you expect me to be 2 states away to run your car. If this event was posted for months, why dind't you mention this event when you asked me to come to E-town? I'm not the one backing out - you're giving me an ultimatum that you KNOW is impossible for me to meet!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. One bad...

I just did a search and read the thread... here is what I said (and I quote)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> The stock class allowed K&N filters, smooth tubes and a cat-back exhaust and out of those the only one I had was smooth tubes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually had a 3" cat-back (actually without cats) exhaust system being made by a local guy to replace what I had. I wish I could have saved the muffler piece from my car - I would have posted a picture that would get alot of laughs... a non-mandrel bent tube, that was 2.25" around. I dynoed before and after and LOST power with it (only a few hp though). Yet you want to call that in the same category as a "cat back". Well, Ok 1 Bad... I guess I ran 11.68 in a HIGHLY MODIFIED Viper that was making a whopping 414.8RWHP and 465lb-ft of torque. We all know this is head and shoulders above stock cars now, so it was obviously unfair.

And I guess we'll dismiss the 11.76 I ran 2 years ago when the car WAS bone stock - rigth down to the factory tubes, factory air filters, factory tires, factory everything... not even redline water wetter, or a shift knob. Wait, I did move the seat and adjust the pedals though, so I guess again that it wasn't stock eh?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here. Maybe some of you SRT-10 veterans can help me out.

After reading the numerous posts from "1bad gts" (and may I say how PAINFUL that was - man - learn to use the space par, shift key and punctuation...) his utter disdain for the new car is apparent. He appears to be SEVERELY disappointed in both the styling and the performance... so much so that the cardboard cutout of a GT-40 in his Ford Press Kit (kindly supplied by his good friend Evan Smith) has already beaten the production srt-10 in the quarter mile. He goes on to document this asp-kicking with TONS AND TONS of DATA (supplied by good friends John Coletti and Evan Smith) on the cardboard cutout of the GT-40. Well, its obvious that 1bad gts would not be caught dead in this listless, underperforming pig from Dodge.

And yet behold, what was that post in the fine print area??? "For reasons I won't go into" (well THAT'S a first) "I have a 2003 on order".....

I think the GT-40 will be great when (if) it gets produced. Maybe it will do for Ford what the 92 Viper did for Dodge. And hey, if they beat the performance figures of the new Viper - great - AT LEAST THE VIPER IS HERE AS A TARGET! Everyone is going to be gunning for it. Competition can only improve the breed.

Here's a question... If the GT-40 is that far superior upon release will we see "1bad gt-40" on the Ford boards talking about what a loser car the GT-40 is because Dodge is gonna BLOW IT AWAY with the next release of the Viper??? (as told to him by his good friend Tommy Archer and John Fernandez?)

Man, get a grip. Things run in cycles. Viper is the King of the Hill. Maybe it won't be after the GT-40 is produced. So be it - because it certainly will be in its next iteration. Its called progress and competition... And we will all benefit from it.

How'd I do for an SRT
newbie[1].gif
???

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
and then?
and then?

(ever feel like the scene from that really stupid movie called "Dude, where's my GT-40, err car!")

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Bad, Scully and Mulder just called, they said you had a call from Bill Ford on line 1. Additionally, I just heard through the grapevine that Mike Brunton's new tag for his SRT is I8AGTS. What does that mean, do you know?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael 6 letters/numbers where? I went with 7 due to states I had lived in. Appreciate the advice for the purpose of the post! You know what I mean! Guys are IM-ing you? That's whacko!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about, OI81BAD, whatever he's driving! Or OI8AGT58? 1Bad do you, with all your connections with Ford know where the 40 in the GT40 came from? If so do you know how different a GT58 might perform and why it would be built as a GT58? This is a test of your inside Ford info. You are NOT allowed to use EVAN as a lifeline! Gawd, this is actually gettin' to be fun! Brunton, I got a dinner date, you gotta' take over for a couple of hours!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte