Update from DC on 2003 Vipers!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Below is an update on the 2003 Viper activities and a REVIEW ot the RULES for the certificates.

We have issued certificates for every available Viper under this program. Currently we are finalizing all of the details and plans for ordering and production. We are looking forward to a spectacular launch of this exciting new vehicle. During the next few weeks we will be contacting owners to verify their color selection, Dealer of choice, and their intent to complete the purchase of a 2003 Viper.

As a reminder, the certificates that have been submitted by the current Viper owners are non-transferable. If a current owner/certificate holder indicates he or she no longer intends to purchase the 2003 Viper, the certificate number that has been issued will be voided.

Orders will not be placed for any customers that are not the original certificate holder. In the event an order gets in the system and the name and certificate number do not match, the order will be Cancelled.

Certificate sales will not increase Dealer allocation of Vipers. Any subsequent allocation of 2003 Vipers will be based on total Dodge Sales. If you have any questions, please contact Viper HQ at 877-468-6864."

Read it and weep, 1badgts!
tongue.gif

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so what's to stop someone from picking it up, paying for it, loading it into a trailer and delivering it to a person who paid 20K or more than he paid for it. I don't condone it but what's to stop them?

once they start getting delivered Hemmings is going to be full of them, just like GTS's in 96.

Also the part about total dodge sales, so what if you ordered from a small dealer in a town of under 20K people because they were your chrysler fleet dealer, have previously sold you two vipers AND you have 2 SRT's on order from them. Being put back on the list becasue of their total sales is HOR$ESHIT. We got a great deal from them (thousands less than other higer volume dealerships. It's not fair to screw the good dealerships in smaller towns.

Craig

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy, I'm glad I'm the way I am! I can sleep at night! Can you?
Yea right, "Fitz" is got them ******* out the door.
laugh.gif
What a joke. I have picked up so many of their customers, I now have to hire another Tech because they're that good? Hey how are your ulcers?
laugh.gif

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has said that Fitz is good....

I would drive down to see you for repairs Chuck, but Herb Chambers is closer and they have been good to me.

(sorry for hijacking the thread)

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm.

$15,000 over.

It sounds like the SRT-10 is going to be as big a flop as the 2001 BMW M3!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So much for being ugly and undesirable.

What a lot of sound and fury on this website....

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigger doesn't mean better! I am the best building contractor with the best subcontractors in Greenwich, CT, however I am far from the biggest.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
intersting, i never even thought of selling my 2003. hmmm 15k profit huh? ***(and there is that new harley v-rod Ive been thinking of, LOL)*** ahh well only time will tell. truly amazing the response this car is creating on this website

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will Dodge prohibit dealers from selling "your" SRT (with your name on the window sticker) to someone who just strolls in, willing to pay the dealer a big premium over sticker?

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:
.... it is NO LONGER UNIQUE&gt;
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

500hp/500ft lbs of torque making it the most powerful American factory STOCK car ever produced.....yeah, I thinks thats a little UNIQUE.
devil.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SRT10:
Originally posted by MichaelP:
.... it is NO LONGER UNIQUE&gt;
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

500hp/500ft lbs of torque making it the most powerful American factory STOCK car ever produced.....yeah, I thinks thats a little UNIQUE.
devil.gif

AHhhhh guess you didn't see the part about us talking about the styling.
bounce.gif

BTW STR10 do you have a SRT on order?

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:
AHhhhh guess you didn't see the part about us talking about the styling.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh styling, lets see Mike, based on the comments on this board it looks like a S2000,Camaro,Stratus,Corvette,Stratus rag top? and the world famous Stratamaro all wrapped into one. Yeah, I guess that is UNIQUE
smile.gif

BTW.. the answer to the second question is yes in Viper Black.
cool.gif

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Hmmmm.
$15,000 over.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ToddT,
OR you could go by the simple fact that there will only be 1500 or so available. There are bound to be many who just want one for the sake of having the latest thing. On the flip side, people also waited and paid over MSRP for the Ford Thunderbird. Fitzgerald can ask what they want, and people can continue tobe delisional to the point that they think the new car is as good as the old one. Someone has a lot of sunshine in their shorts.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the big argument here? Is somebody (dealer or individual) gonna try and make a profit off this car? Puleeze, you're talkin to an M5 owner, does history always repeat itself? So what? Has Dodge done the maximum effort they can to put the Viper owner in charge instead of the dealer? Yes, actually probably over the top based on the last week of confirming and confusion and confirming again. You guys who are whining are not buying and therefore are missing some of the plays going on by Dodge to control this. No one can eliminate the profit motive in this situation, I am a three time Woodhouse buyer, including the SRT, but I had a couple of long converastions with Roanoke and Tator,and all these guys are reputable and support this site and the VCA, and none of them made comments about reselling the car etc. And we should be respecting them for that. Indeed I also talked to the folks At Fitz. and mayhaps I heard that other story, so why are we dumping on the Wizard? I'm absolutely sure he's smaller than Fitzgerald, but he appears to me to be a straight shooter and a supporter of the VCA and I don't think he deserves any abuse here.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toddt:
Hmmmm.

$15,000 over.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one said it was undesirable for the MASSES.

That is the whole point. It DOES look like so many other cars it is NO LONGER UNIQUE&gt;

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SRT10:
Oh styling, lets see Mike, based on the comments on this board it looks like a S2000,Camaro,Stratus,Corvette,Stratus rag top? and the world famous Stratamaro all wrapped into one. Yeah, I guess that is UNIQUE
smile.gif

BTW.. the answer to the second question is yes in Viper Black.
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations. I am sure it will be great and you will LOVE it.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheyster, I wasn't refering to your thread. As a fellow M5 buyer/owner you obviously understand the reality of the situation. These guys havn't lived till they've talked to an arrogant BMW dealer! I have NEVER seen a white M5, and yes indeed it is the best daily driver/stealthmobile known to man!

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
Who said they (Fitzgerald was good ).Who even CARES if their good.My point is Chuck EVEN DEALERS are getting into the act of SELLING CERT HOLDERS CARS for them .I believe Fitzgerald is asking 15,000 over sticker.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO GOUGING HERE!
2% over Dealer COST, for the first run of orders [to ORIGINAL VIPER OWNERS]! And yes I have had people call me and ask if I want their Certs for a price, I told them to hit the road!
Once the SRT is available to the general public, the price will be $2500 over Dealer COST! I have always sold Vipers at that price, and I WILL continue to do so!!

Who in their right mind would pay for something over sticker is beyond me?

1bad, I better call the Doctors, because I'm not a crook!
laugh.gif

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plain and simple.. the non-certificate holders that want this car are going to pay for it, meaning at least a 15K profit for anyone selling their 1st year SRT.

Craig

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

There seems to be a logical but accurate answer to the "scalping" question.

Like qualification for the certs, the ordering person is the one on the "made for" list!

Think about it; warranty issues, not qualified for a coupe order (whenever it is available) etc. The "premium paying" buyer is NOT the person on D/C's ownership list!

What that ultimately means, I am not sure, other than the Viper will NOT be registered in the ORDERERING persons name.

There will be ramifications from these profiteering shenanigans. SOMEBODY will lose! Whether in trying to order the next "cert only" Viper, or through warranty issues.

Serious food for thought folks! Don't you think?

My .02 cents worth...

Jim

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares. Dodge makes their profit, the dealer makes their profit and the cert seller makes his profit.

It is not like the dealer gets less money if he sells it to someone who had to pay for a cert.

Good old American ingenuity along with Good old American Capitalism at its finest.

It is like when they arrest ticket scalpers WHY???

I do not want to sit on the phone hitting the freaking redial button trying to get through to Ticket Master. So someone else does it marks the tickets up a few bucks and I get to see a show I never would have.

The promoter still gets his cut, Ticket Master gets theirs and the performer gets theirs.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I mean "what if" a person buys an SRT, picks it up, pays for it, drives it 5 miles and absolutely hates it? So they sell the car with 17 miles on it to a person dying to get the car, who pays 15K more than what the seller paid. 3 months down the road a warranty issue with the top (for example) arises, are you saying that dodge could possibly deny a warranty claim on the car because it is not in the original owners name? what B.S. once you pay for it, it's YOUR property, the REALITY is that ALOT of people are going to do this to make a buck. I mean some of the SRT haters could have made a good $$ on the car if they had've just ordered one and flipped it as soon as it came in. <FONT COLOR="green">FREE MONEY!</FONT c> This program practically guarantees a profit for anyone selling their SRT as soon as they get it. Dodge would have no recourse if someone decided to sell.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, there is a lot to say about someone with CHARACTER. Meaning honest, trustworthy, a person of their word, someone that will not take advantage of another human. You seem like one of them Mr. Wizard. More power to you!

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 3/36 new vehicle warranty goes with the car, not the owner. The car can have numerous owners and the warranty still attaches to the car until it expires through either time or mileage, which ever comes first.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys need to think of it this way...

Once I buy my SRT... I OWN it. It is MY property. I can do what I please with it - including painting it hot pink, setting fire to it, parting it out, or whatever else I darn well please including selling it.

DC DOES have some leverage with dealers and can take steps to keep THEM honest and make sure they legitimately deliver the car to the cert holder - and it appears DC is doing just this with the whole confirmation thing. But after I sign that paperwork and walk out with my car, I am free to do whatever I want.

Who is to say what a reasonable time is to keep the car before selling it? A week? A month? A year? 5 years? forever?

Most states have sales tax, and I believe all states have some sort of delay before a title can be issued after an MSO is submitted. I think DC is assuming this will keep folks honest... because if I decide to sell my SRT, well, I have say $80k into the car, plus $4k in sales tax, and maybe another $500 in other BS fees... so if I sell for even $5k over MSRP, I've only "made" $500. At least if DC forces the cert holder only to be allowed to get the car, then all non-cert holder SRT's will be 2nd owner cars with some miles on them and the buyer would have had to pay a premium, or the seller lost money.

Should keep many folks honest.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

Let me try to re-word my previous post.

Sure, the Viper sold for a profit to the non-originally ordering person would obviously be covered under warranty. I agree, profit is a fair thing if you want to sell it.

Now, the sticky part of this sale; the new buyer (the person who paid a premium) would not be eligable for the next cert offering because they were not the original buyer! Isn't that correct? The ONLY people to have been eligable for an SRT cert needed to be the original owner of their Viper, and still needed to own their Viper through a time period designated by a cut-off date. I believe it was something like November of 01' if I am not mistaken.

It would seem logical that the original SRT ordering person would be eligable for the next cert offering if they in fact, registered the car in their own name, then sold it for profit.

Does this seem like I have it right?

Just food for thought. What do you think?

Jim

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

All the certificate programs have operated on the premise that you are the original owner and STILL own the car. If you bought used, too bad, you had to be the original owner of the car to qualify. As for the next cert program (possibly the coupe) maybe the person does not care enough for that to matter, I don't know. I don't think the people who want the car NOW really care, or maybe the seller of their cert is going to order a 2004 and pocket the profit from the 2003 for mods.

Craig

Dtibs2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike Brunton and 1 Bad GTS, Thanks for "trying" to set these guys straight.
I wish that "Closed Minds also came with Closed Mouths" !!! Hey Wizzard WAKE UP, this is not CUBA, its the good Ole USA. NO Corp is going to dictate what a person can and can't do with there SRT after the take delivery. My friend does NOT want his SRT and I'm Buying it FROM HIM, and yes, For a profit !!!Because I want one BAD, I'll PAY.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Bad... did I understand you correctly? You have bought an SRT? With all the badmouthing you have done about the car? And for a couple hundred dollars over? Please tell us that yes this is true and you have converted to the dark side of the SRT force? Also could you share with us which dealer treated you so well?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS:
1Bad... did I understand you correctly? You have bought an SRT? With all the badmouthing you have done about the car? And for a couple hundred dollars over? Please tell us that yes this is true and you have converted to the dark side of the SRT force? Also could you share with us which dealer treated you so well?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few hundred is the norm isn't it?

Our dealers only charging $500 over invoice (canadian) on 2 SRT's, we got the same deal on our 94 RT/10 and 96 GTS.

I posted that our dealer would honor this to any cert holder way back in jaunary. Coulda been a good deal for people in NY.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte