Reaction score
NEEEEEEINEEEEERRRR NEEEEIIINER NEEEEINNNNNERRRRRR
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Bad you have now established that you can count, maybe, and now that you have resorted to name calling again, calling me HURT LEE again, could you FREAKIN POSSIBLY EXPLAIN WHAT THAT MEANS! I FREAKIN HATE IT WHEN I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO BE PI$$ED OFF OR NOT! By the way imaginary is spelled like this and margionally is NOT spelled like that. And original is spelled like this. Ya wanna' call names, I'm a gonna' criticize your spellin', Ford boy.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone can brag about someone elses' accomplishments, but it's still sad. So the GT-40 in theory will be faster, Regardless of there being a running prototype, chysler ran around Vipers with 360 V8's back in development producing 400 horses for magazine people for the purposes of seeing what it would feel like. The GT-40 will not have the displacement or the tire to fully kill a Viper.

Power is nothing without control.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the numbers for a SRT-10 were going to be well over 500HP??

Just cuz you see a prototype doesn't mean it's going to get built. There was also a prototype Coupe about a year ago that Viper never built..
Bring on the GT-40, maybe it'll get Dodge execs off their a$$e$!!
smile.gif

Gerald

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad - I'm not sure why a discussion of the ford GT44 is located on the SRT board. What does this have to do with the SRT. There are plenty of competitive cars that will be able to beat the SRT when it comes out, it's just that they are all more expensive or are more expensive and will be nearly impossible to purchase. The GT44 seems to fit the second description. While you may be able to get a GT44 if you have the spare bucks and some pull through the friendship with many of the ford executives and test pilots you proclaim, I will be not be able to obtain a GT44 any more than I would be able to afford a new Ferrari 360 spyder.

I think that the GT44 is a very cool retro race car being produced for street use, but that doesn't make it something that in any way relates to the new SRT Viper. The Viper is purposely biased for more practicality and affordability than the GT44, so the fact that Ford, a corporation with more money than god can build a car that should be faster on a racetrack than our new SRT isn't particularly troubling to me. The GT40 was designed as an endurance race car, and should be faster on the track than a street oriented car. If DC wanted to make a faster comp coupe, they certainly could, it would just cost more money. If you prefer the GT44, there is no reason - particularly with your connections - why you shouldn't buy one. I will probably stare at you if you drive by me on the street just as I would stare at almost any Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Aston Martin. All rare cool sportscars that I can't afford or obtain.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1badgts,

When you say there will only be 100 GT-40s the first year, do you mean (I hope!) that there will just be 100 GT-40s the first very-abbreviated model year, say May 2003 through August 2003, and then starting August-September 2003 there will be 1000+ cars made over the next 12 months???

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
For someone that KNOWS *HIT about the GT-40 you seem to comment aloton what IT <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Without making me do a search, could you please explain how you know *HIT about the GT-40?

It does seem you have changed your numbers a few times. Weren't you saying it would be closer to 600HP?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Bad,

Remember when you SWORE up and down that the GT-40 was going to weigh UNDER 2,800lbs? And now you say it's 2875lbs dry.

Hmm, add in a tank of gas (125lbs), oil, coolant, power steering fluid, tranny fluid, gear oil, freon, washer fluid, and you're adding in another 200lbs easy. I wonder if that mule driving around had full crash-protection stuff? Wonder if it had the requisite sound-deadening materials? Wonder if it had production parts or just test stuff? Wonder if they have had it on a track testing to be sure it's strong enough? Wonder if it had everything in it that it will come with from the showroom (working wipers, power windows, etc, etc, etc).

Looks like the 2800lbs GT-40 with "well over" 500hp that will run 10's from the showroom floor is already getting a little bit piggy... 3100lbs - give or take - and it's not even a production job. Looks like an underrated 500hp, 525lb-ft of torque 3300-something pound SRT might just give that Found On Road Dead GT-40 a run for it's money!

1Bad, the GT-40 already isn't as fast with that 2875lbs dry number hanging over it's head... wait until they realize it can't be done for less than 3100lbs dry (or more!) and you're precious 10-second SRT killer might turn into the next overhyped product from Ford, and Colletti might find his tail between his legs!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
1 Bad,

Remember when you SWORE up and down that the GT-40 was going to weigh UNDER 2,800lbs? And now you say it's 2875lbs dry.

Hmm, add in a tank of gas (125lbs), oil, coolant, power steering fluid, tranny fluid, gear oil, freon, washer fluid, and you're adding in another 200lbs easy. I wonder if that mule driving around had full crash-protection stuff? Wonder if it had the requisite sound-deadening materials? Wonder if it had production parts or just test stuff? Wonder if they have had it on a track testing to be sure it's strong enough? Wonder if it had everything in it that it will come with from the showroom (working wipers, power windows, etc, etc, etc).

Looks like the 2800lbs GT-40 with "well over" 500hp that will run 10's from the showroom floor is already getting a little bit piggy... 3100lbs - give or take - and it's not even a production job. Looks like an underrated 500hp, 525lb-ft of torque 3300-something pound SRT might just give that Found On Road Dead GT-40 a run for it's money!

1Bad, the GT-40 already isn't as fast with that 2875lbs dry number hanging over it's head... wait until they realize it can't be done for less than 3100lbs dry (or more!) and you're precious 10-second SRT killer might turn into the next overhyped product from Ford, and Colletti might find his tail between his legs!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That or they'll turn to weight saving materials mking the car more <FONT COLOR="green">EXPENSIVE</FONT c>

I wish I lived in a dream world

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad, to your big "if" on everything I say, "if the Queen had BALLS she would be KING"? I guess all Americans should go into hiding because someone else around the world has weapons that could hurt us?

Please, when it is here and REALLY bad, then we can worry. But until that day I can't see any reason to even shiver a little? Hell you are saying that Ford is going to build a car in two years that is as fast or faster than a Viper coming out in a few month's. If that is the case, then HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE VIPER WILL BE SPORTING IN TWO YEARS!

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Umm, my name is 1 Bad GTS and although I don't have many friends I am good friends with Evan Smith. Did you know he ran an 11.77? He might not tell you we're friends but trust me we are... he came to Krusty Burger the other night in his 2003 Cobra and let me polish his rims! He does beat me up if I dont give him free burgers but that doesnt mean he doesnt like me!

You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing has changed!
puke.gif
1badgts

FORD = JUNK
saevil.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 06-06-2002 at 05:19 AM</font>

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although the Rules from DC sound quite impressive, I will guarantee that people flipping the cars is in the DC plan to produce as much publicity, notoriety, and absolutely as much hysteria as possible regarding the SRT!

Look at me for instance!

I had NO INTENTION of buying the lamo SRT.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

That STUPID CERTIFICATE was sitting on my desk, DAY AFTER DAY, WEEK AFTER WEEK, until...........

I COULDN'T STAND IT ANYMORE and ORDERED ONE!

And then that no good rotten dealer in NJ offered me the DEAL OF A LIFETIME regarding price and deposit! ARGHHHHH!

You see, DC is making it so the SRT CANNOT BE DENIED!

I must admit - an excellent marketing ploy!

(boy am I gullible)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte