Used 09' ACR value?

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I've been "window shopping" this past month for a used Ford GT. As of this week, the most any dealer has been quoting on my car is 75K-80K. :dunno:

Are they off their rocker, or is this considered reasonable for a 4 month, 2000 mile, perfect condition ACR? :omg:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some 08 ACRs that have sold in that range...so yours being a newer year, and for trade value, I would say it is about right. If it is on trade, you would save about $ 6-7,000 on sales tax...keep that in mind.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some 08 ACRs that have sold in that range...so yours being a newer year, and for trade value, I would say it is about right. If it is on trade, you would save about $ 6-7,000 on sales tax...keep that in mind.

Huh? How do you figure?

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I was keeping the tax savings in mind, but I was still thinking I should be at least in the 90K range as far as the trade-in value. Guess I'm just a little shocked, as I paid $107,000 just a few month ago and it doesn't seem like ACR's are falling that drastically in price.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh? How do you figure?

Not sure this applies to all states, but, in some (ie: KS, MO), you are exempt from paying sales tax on the trade-in value. So if the car you are buying is worth $ 100k and they are allowing $ 80k on trade, you ONLY pay sales tax on the difference, hence savings of US$ 80,000 x %tax. If tax is 7.5%, that is about $ 6,000.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I was keeping the tax savings in mind, but I was still thinking I should be at least in the 90K range as far as the trade-in value. Guess I'm just a little shocked, as I paid $107,000 just a few month ago and it doesn't seem like ACR's are falling that drastically in price.

A local VCA member picked up an 08 ACR for $ 73k. I missed out on one at $ 77k earlier in the year. I would think an 09', on TRADE, would be about $ 75-80k. But again, a car is worth as much as someone wants it. I would price it at US$ 85k and go from there. Good luck man - looks like a beauty!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow:omg: I got 80K for my 08 SSG coupe but I was real lucky but still lost 8k on it....I,ll give you 80K for yours;) Kevin

Soc, If I can get my deposit back I will be looking for a Lambo Murci in the Spring...Talk about a price hit..02-03s stickered for 273K going for 140k and less w/15-25k miles...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once it's driven off the lot it becomes a used car and depreciates appropriately. As a trade-in you're also going from retail (what you paid) and wholesale Blue/Black Book, etc.

Dealership offered us $3,000 on an '01 Ford Escape when we bought a new '08 Ram 1500 4x4. Escape was worth $8,000+. Sold it for quick sale at $6,000. Same as all cars you can personally sell it for more yourself. Trade-in value doesn't reflect actual value.

Ted

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow:omg: I got 80K for my 08 SSG coupe but I was real lucky but still lost 8k on it....I,ll give you 80K for yours;) Kevin

Soc, If I can get my deposit back I will be looking for a Lambo Murci in the Spring...Talk about a price hit..02-03s stickered for 273K going for 140k and less w/15-25k miles...

Kevin,

Wow, great price, you got lucky (and I'm sure the color combo didn't hurt too badly either)! I'd actually be happy with 90K on trade, as the tax savings would make up the difference compared to selling it myself. I'm in no hurry though, we'll see what happens. I'm perfectly happy with the ACR, but have had my eyes on a Ford GT for years now.

Funny you mention the Lambos, as I had briefly considered one as well after seeing some of the prices on the 02-03's. :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Soc. Williams Lake Canadian Tire assist. manager of Auto dept.'s brother owns a Ford Dealership on Vancouver Island. supposedly has 1 NEW Ford GT that (I was told would sell for about $150,000Cdn.

I wasn't interested and didn't ask for more info though.

Ted

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That price range Is right on.... There was a few 08's that have changed hands in the low 70's-75 range(acr's).
For a trade in figure, that is fair..

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, remember the hit the 08's took last year. 30,000 off sticker!:omg:

Not ACR's though...
I think 90's is very reasonable. Where in the 90's depends on how bad the buyer wants it and how bad you want to sell it. Take Aspirations example, he waited till the right buyer came and IMO did very well.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to American made cars and their depreciation but I do hope you get a Ford GT. The super car I have always wanted. Just wished they still made them.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will love the Ford GT!! Just add a Whipple and 743rwhp on pump! 855hp at crank;)

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will love the Ford GT!! Just add a Whipple and 743rwhp on pump! 855hp at crank;)

Your GT must be a wild ride.Theres a couple of guys on the Alley that have TT'd Ford GTs that must really be insane..Kenric you have the nicest collection of cars on this site IMO..Post some pics up of that Murci:omg:....Kevin

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I will! I've been reading everything I can get my hands on regarding the Ford GT, mods, etc., and wow, I'm impressed. Yeah, I just remembered you had a Graphite on order, darn our bad timing!! :(

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could just add a TT or supercharger to your Viper and have 800rwhp at 'entry level'.

Blowup a Viper engine and a couple thou would replace it. Blow up a Ford GT engine and ... ?

Unless you just want to collect it - then the Ford GT would be the better choice.

Ted

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will take some pics of the Murci and post! Need to take some. Kevin thanks man:) My Murci won peoples choice awrard at a car show here. It beat out my GT and another and over 25 plus Ferraris and other awesome cars

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I've heard that new cars lose 20% of their value the minute you drive them off the dealer's lot when they become used cars. So $107,000 x .80 = $85,600.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard that new cars lose 20% of their value the minute you drive them off the dealer's lot when they become used cars. So $107,000 x .80 = $85,600.
I bet that myth came from a used car salesman. I can believe 10% but 20% is stretching it a lot.

To the original poster, hang in there and don't lower the value of the brand.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put it on ebay for $90k, and you have a $6k hit on sales tax, so you net $84. Which is about what you should get for trade, imo. No less.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put it on ebay for $90k, and you have a $6k hit on sales tax, so you net $84. Which is about what you should get for trade, imo. No less.

There are at least 20 ACRs up for action on Ebay....there was a narrow window this year (during the shuttering of the Plant) where there was more of a demand and uncertainty surrounding the car....that was a good time to sell....the longer these cars sit unsold the more diluted the price becomes....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4