Using E85 for the Nitrous Wet System - Timing Considerations

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how to pull a few degrees for a 150 shot in a 1996 GTS PCM. So far there isn't a clean solution. (I don't think there is a Lingenfelter "LNC-2000" for Viper.)

Then it occurred to me if E85 was used instead of gasoline (car remains fueled on gasoline) for the wet spray, that just might eliminate the need to pull timing.

I have not found much on the internet because when you search for "E85, nitrous" you typically end up with guys who have changed their car over to E85 and are then adding nitrous.

Clearly having a 1-2gal fuel cell in the trunk, makes things more complicated, but E85 is a no-brainer when compared to having to find methanol for a water/methanol injection system which would also probably eliminate the need to pull timing. So I guess if you don't want to pull timing, it's either an E85 wet spray tank OR a water/**** injection system tank.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think I've heard of similar being done with just race fuel instead of E85. Same idea though. You're just using a higher octane fuel for the extra nitrous fuel. You might try looking that up instead of E85 just to see what people have found (race fuel injection with nitrous). Then it's more just a matter of comparing the fuels. I know our Formula SAE team ran E85 for the higher octane benefit so we could try to push compression and timing, but I don't know how it stacks up against a pure race fuel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62