V-10 Nationals Sunday Update

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to Tony and he ran a 9.8x @143 with a Roe SC and Nitrous. Roof I believe ran a 9.6x @14x, Blowngts 9.7x, Tom ran a bunch of 9's, RSI Paxton w/nitrous 9.5x 6 speed, and I can't remember everyone else.

Tom won the unlimited class with 1tony1 second. Mike Ringgold won 10.5-11.0 class and he also brought a special suprise, a dodge viper with a hemi that ran a 9.10 all motor.

Sounds like a great turnout and lots of fun. Great job Roof.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were Roof's and BlownGTS's runs blower-only? If so, it sounds like the gap between blower and nitrous cars is really narrowing.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good God, that's alot of 9's! Congrats to all! :2tu:

Update us when all the results are in! Since I am a Heffner supporter, I am anxious to see Sal P's times, I think he was 141mph on street tires, so I KNOW he was in the 9's too!! :headbang: :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great times. Roof and Ward Reasoner (cudaman) did a great job organizing. More than 40 Vipers ran.

For his first time ever dragracing Gerald took his DLM Supercharged Viper into the 10s. Expect to see more of him. He's addicted.

There was definitely a sh*tload of 9s.

Thanks again to Roof and Ward.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so what were the final results of everything? POST POST POST! I was just told that Heffner walked away with a new TT record, yes? SWEEET! And David, did your car set the new S/C only record?

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Chuck Babel he ran 12.0 in stock class to get 2nd place. Would have been 1st but he said the winner in the STOCK class ran 1.4 60ft time. ??? stock

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
/clipped /

This was soo much fun.. First lets talk about me. ME ME ME ME... ok?

Today was a little better.

Since I never even really got a run in yesterday, today would really show what I can do the 1st time out..

Test and Tune was for about an hour and a half and that was the funnest part IMO..
I'm running Kuhmo's , rear wing (takes about 3 mph off I'm told and next time Im taking all the stereo crap out of my rear ..why? Cuz I'm freaking hooked on this stuff now!!!)

My first run was 2.164 60', 104.33 in the 1/8th and ended up with 11.6 @ 132.33

I wanted more...

2nd T&T run was 2.378 60', 104.99 in the 1/8th and ended up with 11.78 @ 134.56

not good enough!!

3rd run: 2.269 in the 60', 102.97 in the 1/8th and ended with 11.624 @ 134.64

hrrrmph!!

I started to say "well [******], this is only my first time and I should be VERY happy.. Nope, I wasn't satified...

Now it's time for brackets and I was put in the 11.5 to 11.9 class ..

Qualifying bracket I did 1.967 60', 104.87 in the 1/8th, ended with 11.3 @ 134.22 !!!
I quickly got bumped UP to the next bracket.. I'm like ***!!!!! Everyone else is running slicks and skinnies and I have on street tires!!! grrrrrrr

SO now I'm in the 11.0 to 11.499 class..soo.........

Here's what I did: 1.967 60', 104.87 in the 1/8th, and 11.052 @ 134.77!!

I'm like HOLY [******]!! FIrst time out and I'm ALMOST in the 10's!!!!!!

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

now it's time for the real racing.. I really didn't care and tried not to bracket race as I just wanted to run to see what I could muster...

So my last run was..... drumroll pleeeeeease!!!!

1.913 60', 105.2 in the 1/8th and 10.8 @ 137.55 HELL YEAAAH!(Knoced out of the bracket again!!!) The only next bracket is the guys with slicks and skinnies going 10.00 to 10.4!!!!!!!

Keep in mind these are still nearly 2.0 60' times. I'm told with practice I should be able to get those 60's in the 1.5 to 1.6 range and that should get me in the 10.3x to 10.5x for E.T.

as my car sits I know it's got a 140 at 10.4 or so.. That's my next goal..
Not bad for my FIRST TIME EVER at the track!!! On street tires!

Ok, rant over!

yeah baby!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald listening to you and feelin the adrenaline rush you must have had has got me dying waiting for my dlm beast..only 4 more weeks to go..WHEW

Adam

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was soo much fun.. First lets talk about me. ME ME ME ME... ok?

I'm beginning to regret the four years of raggin' on you to get to the dragstrip. In fact, all you bastages are whoopin on me now. Maybe I'll look into the "drifting" thing the ricers are doing.

Thanks Mike, troublemaker. :) You know what I mean.

Manny, I'll take you up on the shots.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is surely shaping up to be the best Viper drag series in history - it's so wonderful to see it so well supported

I hope the rest of the series rolls on the momentum this one will give it - until the world finals in Texas.... I gotta make that one!

Congrats to all who participated, all those involved in making it happen, and to Dr Roof for spearheading this great event! :2tu:

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I placed FIRST in the Super Street class :2tu:
Suprisingly since I drove like crap today.

I ran motor all day and had a hard time getting a good pass. I did end up with a fair 11.30@123mph. Not bad for headers/exhaust/tubes/filters/ccw.

When I went for a Nitrous pass I smoked my new clutch
Thats two.... I did not get too many break in miles on it so I will take it easy for a few weeks and go to local test and tune and try again before going into another clutch.

Thanks everyone involved in putting this cool event together!

Jason

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a great time was had by all. Can't wait to hear the rest of the stories.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DrRoof was on fire.And Doug Levin ran a bunch of 9 second blower only passes also. :2tu:

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Set a new record for me and a personal goal on drag radials, before I grenaded my left half shaft, I went 10.90 and 10.84 at about 128 mph on 5 psi. I was taken out in the first round of eliminations when my half shaft imploded and shot shrapnel through my rim and blew a bullet size hole in the rim before it blew the rear drag radial off the rim. Fortunately I controlled the car and did not hit anything. I did take first place in the tow vehicle challange with a 13.53 at 101 mph in the Harley Truck and then towed the limp Viper 120 miles home to Orlando. All and all it was a great day.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah all those 9s are sweet, but can someone please tell me more about that 9.10 hemi powered monster from hell pleaaase :eek: What were the 60ft times and mph of that bad boy :headbang:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, no doubt you are hooked! Congrats!

It only took one trip down the dragstrip and I was hooked too! Same type of deal, I borrowed a helmet, and a couple guys talked me into making a couple passes. It wasn't too long until Dave had to ask me for his helmet back so he could run!! :2tu:

ps-isn't bracket racing MORE fun when you are boosting right out of your bracket and into a lower one!!

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have to say there were some really fast and awesome cars there!! I also was able to better my personal best here in Bradenton. My best before Sunday was a 12.04 @ 119.69 in Orlando. Remember, my car is bone stock except for tubes and filters. My first qualifying run was a 12.06 which was normal for me. My second was a 12.08 but I lifted at the end because I was way ahead of the other guy. The car has never run in the 11's. The first round of eliminations I got a great hole shot and was way out in front and let up again at the end and even braked a little to keep from braking out but it didn't work. Still ran an 11.98 @ 97mph!?!?!? Well, needless to say I was out of the competition. But the great news is I got a fun run later in the day and got an 11.85 @ 118.5!!!! Thats my best so far. It was great to meet everone and see all those fast cars. Someday, huh!!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best race and can only get better. Most 9 sec Vipers to get together at one time.

RSI did set one record with a customers S/C car, quickest and fastest for the day and a new record. 9.52 x 6 speed at 148MPH.

RSI even though this was not one of their better events has built some strong and fast cars. setting the bar for the S/C cars belongs to RSI (High point of the RSI day)

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah all those 9s are sweet, but can someone please tell me more about that 9.10 hemi powered monster from hell pleaaase :eek: What were the 60ft times and mph of that bad boy :headbang:

Well, that was our first time out with the car, and we had our share of challenges, but we did manage a 9.10 on motor. :2tu: The car should run 8:90s with ease. We just need some seat time, and a lot of tuning. ;) 60 ft was a 1.277 and the mph was 149.8 :)
Stay tuned to the nats. We hope to have the car dialed in for Bowling Green!!! ;)
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images