Greg Good heads & cam build - gained 189 rwhp

OP
OP
S

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I've always been partial to cammed cars. The sound they make is part of the benefit. As much as the car gets comments, the nasty sounding cam gets more!

Like 345s-bspinnin said, the cost is comparable to a Paxton or possibly under, depending on what other supporting mods you have or intend to add. His build precluded mine by several weeks and his recipe for supporting mods was basically what I followed.

Thanks! Well, I can't do the work, or I should say I am terrified to do it. But I get an idea at least.

I still can't get over that sound from ssjcreepers car!

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i thought the first vid was the "after" and watched the second vid expecting the same thing (sorry kinda tired and sleepy) and the
second vid basically made me crap my pants! holy moly is that ever violent sounding.....ok gotta save up some dough for VSP, GG, and whomever contributed to that build...

hats off to you guys who created this build

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like 345s-bspinnin said, the cost is comparable to a Paxton or possibly under, depending on what other supporting mods you have or intend to add. His build precluded mine by several weeks and his recipe for supporting mods was basically what I followed.

Is that cost assuming someone else does the work?? I have no problem installing a set of heads and a cam myself. Wondering if this project might be do-able this winter.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my case, the price was comparable to a Paxton if you do the work yourself. Having a professional shop will add a few extra thousand to the total cost.

OP
OP
S

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The cost for all the parts in the build is comparable to purchasing a Paxton kit. Installation in either case will be additional cost. As 345 said, count on a few extra thousand for install and dyno-tuning.

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just glad I was able to buy a car with the same package already installed :)
great thread!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen