VA-MD Region - 6th Annual Crab Feast Cruise is set!

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our annual crab feast cruise is set for Saturday June 5th. This year we will be meeting at our designated departure areas (one in Baltimore, one in DC) at 1:00pm and we will meet in Annapolis (place to be determined) at 2pm. The crab feast will be from 3pm to 6pm. I've pushed the times back a couple of hours in an attempt to avoid the traffic on the Bay Bridge that we ran into the past couple of years. Information flyers and registration forms will be going out to all Va-Md members within the next two weeks. Hope to see you there!

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there!

Has a designated departure area in DC and route to Annapolis from DC been decided upon? I was hopping that it didn't go through the heart of DC given all the traffic, lousy road conditions and tight quarters in the District. I'm sure Hwy 50 plays a role, but hopefully not New York Avenue. Of course, upon closer inspection I might conclude that the perils of the District are unavoidable. :smirk: Has anyone considered an northern VA meeting spot? I'd be happy to scout out a meeting area and route if it would help.

Anyway the ride and the even sould like fun. Let me know if I can help.

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus,

May I suggest that we create another departure point for DC? If like last year, one from DC will be coming from VA side of the Capital Beltway, which will leave out a lot of us on the MD side. We possible, an additional departure point along I-270 (Bethesda, Rockville, or even Gaithersburg) would make it a more exciting ride for folks in Montgomery and Frederick counties. (I would volunteer to coordinate such a departure point, but I still don't know the majority of the members in our region.)

Soo

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year a few of us organized a Delaware leg of this trip. We will be doing the same this year. No traffic over the bridge, Oh wait, we don't go over the bridge!

See you there.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'll be coming in from southern DE via 404. I'm going to try really hard to meet up with the northern guys heading down 301. If anyone else is out my way let me know and we call all meet up somewhere...

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a result of great input and growing popularity, I have now set up four departure sites for our cruise on June 5th as follows: South Side DC Capital Beltway, North Side of the DC Capital Beltway, Baltimore, and Newark/Middletown, DE. Details will follow in the forthcoming flyer. Please remember you must be a VA/MD member for the current year in order to be on the mailing list for the flyer and reservation form. Because of the commitments the club has to make with the facility accommodating our crab feast this is a reservation only event. Any VCA members in neighboring regions that would like to join us, are more than welcome, so don't hesitate to contact me for the reservation form.