Vac leak cause trouble code light?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will a vac leak (small) throw a "check engine" light code? The car is running fine it seems, but the SES light came on and stays lit when I fired the car up a few days ago. I've checked all the sensor plugs and they seem to be all plugged in a working. I did loose one of the manifold "caps" that plug the vac lines, and the PCV gromet on the valve cover. Enough to throw a code?

I don't know if it's related or not, but there is the slight "tink" when the engine is shut off after bringing it up to operation temp, near the back of the engine. It's the sound of metal expanding and contracting.. normal? Should be fine, i've just never listed to the motor that close when it's been shut down I'm just being paranoid LOL

One other minor thing... the throttle seems "loose" to me, even after re-adjusting the ratchet mech on the cables. Any ideas?

MM
96 Viper RT/10 Twin Turbo project

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to pick up the gromet and plugs, afte they're in i'll pull the batt for 30 and hopefully it will reset.

Sheesh, I need a scantool for as much as I work on this car LOL

MM

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autozone will check code for you -- free. Perhaps there is one in your area or another auto parts store with a similar program. Good Luck.