Valve cover breather needed

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im gonna call roe racing in the am but til they are open, im gonna ask here. does anyone have a crankcase breather that goes directly into the oil fill hole in the valve cover ?

it has a small K&N filter coming off of it ?

or any other ideas on how to do something simple like this ?

here is a pic i stole from damn yankee.
You must be registered for see images attach

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a screw in K&N filter. Works great, but once in a while, I'll have a drip or two of oil coming out of the top. Not bad, works great.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, knew that was coming. Just snapped a couple. I believe it is a common oil breather cap:

101_2264.jpg

101_2265.jpg

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same one I am running. I have a shop rag zip tied to mine to keep dripping oil from dripping on the header and starting a fire.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I am just driving around(because I have a catch can), it doesn't leak at all. It's only when I drive hard or race, I will put a shop towel just under the breather to catch any drips.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moroso makes them. There are a couple better ones too.
They have them at Autozone.
Not bad for a quick fix. The top and bottom are two pieces. and is vented

See larger image Share your own customer images

Moroso 68781 Oil Separator/Breather

Other products by Moroso
No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
Price:$8.95 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just dont like that id have another rubber hose in the engine compartment with this one...thats why i like the roe with the filter

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent about $150 and made my own evac system, was very simple. Two -12 fittings, 3/4" rubber hose, leading to a Moroso catch can. I had a screw in filter, but it seemed to always be dripping a few drops of oil down onto the plug wires/exhaust, which I did not like. System works very well!!

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have one from Roe Racing identical to these I would sell, about 3 mo old, but as newas any on this thread.

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never found a 'cool' looking breather cap, till I came across this thread. I like that cap reference as a mudstang car (?). I may rethink what I have done, after seeing the nicer beathers in this thread. Anyway, if you still want to get the same breather affect, you can "T" into the vacuum line that joins both covers (up at the front) and installed a 'mini' cone filter about 2" big and 'buried it' under the front plumbing. No leaks and not very visible. Just an alternative for y'all to consider until you find the beather of your choice and bling.

As someone mentioned, you pressurized guys need to be careful and address a beather cap's likelyhood to 'drip'. It may cause an undesireable flash fire; especially if you've cranked the boost up. It may also result in dirtiing up your engine compartment more quickly/often due to more of oily residue fumes floating around.

Those are some nice looking photos and good looking breathers; 'cept that first chrome jobber that looks like it came from the Walmart Auto section:rolaugh:

Just another thought/way of doing it.

Neal
2002 GTS

mike got any pics ? i like this one but reference for others

D

DAMN YANKEE

Don't go straight to filter, use the 90 degree first section and then the filter. That first section is actually a baffle that ends what others are experiencing.....oil working its way out. THAT is a problem.

Check out the How Tos for a review of puke cans.

My favorite...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper