valve springs

vpr4track

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know what valve springs are used on Stryker heads? I'm pretty sure my heads are not stock, and I remember the name Stryker.
I have two broken springs that need replaced. Can I buy just a couple? I don't think there's been any damage to the valves, but I guess I won't know until I get further into it.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You dont want Stryker heads on your car... I will remove my heads off my car and trade you even. I think everyone will back me up and tell you this is a great deal for you!!!

OP
OP
V

vpr4track

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You dont want Stryker heads on your car... I will remove my heads off my car and trade you even. I think everyone will back me up and tell you this is a great deal for you!!!

This is the kind of support and generosity that makes me love this forum.
:brick:
I am getting some help from Jeff at Striker. Pointing me toward Greg is also going to be useful in the future. Thanks, Guys.

Reaction score
Since they are Jeff's heads, I would give him a call. I have never heard of a Jeff Mory head breaking a valve spring, so I bet he will want to hear about it. He uses a premium quality valve spring package, at least on all of the ones I've seen. Top shelf parts.

You would be better off changing *all* of the springs. It would be my bet that there are more ready to break. Make sure and check the installed height very carefully so that the new springs are not run too close to coil bind.

Thanks Phil and Mike. You guys are the best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vpr4track

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since they are Jeff's heads, I would give him a call. I have never heard of a Jeff Mory head breaking a valve spring, so I bet he will want to hear about it. He uses a premium quality valve spring package, at least on all of the ones I've seen. Top shelf parts.

You would be better off changing *all* of the springs. It would be my bet that there are more ready to break. Make sure and check the installed height very carefully so that the new springs are not run too close to coil bind.

Thanks Phil and Mike. You guys are the best.

My heads don't have Jeff's stamp on them, so it doesn't look like the failure was on a striker.
I think you're right about changing all of the springs, but I'm not sure which ones to get. Summit Racing said it depended on my cam, which I don't know the specifications(former SVS car.) I'd sure like to get away w/o taking the heads off. I wish I'd dynoed the car before the break.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery