VCA

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with an anonymous donation. It is a great help in fact. Thank you Dodge. But holding back a brochure many contributed time and money to and were expecting for marketing their businesses is just plain wrong. Not even Dodge has the right (the power yes, but not the right). Dodge owes reparations to the contributors of the brochure as they certainly sustained damages.

If Dodge did not want their name on the brochure for whatever reason, they should have left their name off and mailed the brochure as intended.

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
liability issues in a situation such as this; I gotta call BS on that, they do not exist, period. and only a fool would belive otherwise.

as for the donations and alleged support. if they (VCA) did in fact offer support of monetary type than i for one offer up a THANK YOU as that is all we (the V10 nats racers) are concerned with. if you do or do not want your name "in lights" so to speak and would remain annonymous, thats your right as a contributor.

the VCA financially supporting the V10 nats and at the same time keeping its meathooks outta the bowl would definitely entice me into now feeling theres a viable reason to join the VCA as a member.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People and business will always having differences of opinions( I am glad to see the two having talks and trying to put some of those behind).

The very good news is that both parties have worked to benefit the V-10 Nationals ...... and the V-10 Nationals did not suffer because of those differences.

Cudaman :usa:

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, Cudaman. I'd like to think that going forward we can both continue to sponsor great events like this without there being issues of posturing.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, the liability I am talking about, and speculating on, is what happens when an organization has an official relationship with a racing series. I don't know what you are eluding to in your message???? The VCA is an entity that is governed by the USA and the State of Michigan, therefore we HAVE to abide by laws.

Now for supporting and so on there is process for that and I am not involved. But from what you are saying it sounds like one side gets played against the other?

If you are free to do whatever you like with whatever funding you have then GREAT! The VCA is NOT set up to be like that, and has to follow proceedures that are spelled out. Are they confusing, YES in many ways, but not something that someone with any real zeal can't find help with.

Just so this does not get into a debate, and I would more than welcome that since I feel confident in my past hands on exerience setting up events and also setting up the VCA, but you can't compare the two groups because they opperate in two different ways.

Later bud!

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, the liability I am talking about, and speculating on, is what happens when an organization has an official relationship with a racing series.

For example, Viper Days.

VCA needs to sponsor V10 Nationals the same way we sponsor Viper Days- as a sponsor. These 2 series benefit VCA members and non-VCA members alike. They
are good for our membership, and therefore are good for VCA.

Thank you to Skip and David for offering us these valuable outlets.

DN

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I stand corrected - I assumed you were discussing the issue of liability in co-sponsoring an event with Viper Alley. However, my critism is not in the sponsoring of the event (glad you are); it's in the Viper Alley/VCA issues that were raised which interfered with the sending of the brochure.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... This site is primarily for CLUB MEMBERS - you need to be a club member to have certain benefits and its the "club" that this site caters to..

You seem to misunderstand this site. This site is very heavily taylored to support the interests of Viper enthusiasts and owners alike. It has one forum which is accessable only to VCA Members since it is club related in the content, all other forums and areas of the site are open to owners and enthusiasts, at no cost to the users.

If any VCA member does not see the Members Only forum, all you need to do is drop a note to Tony or myself and we'll set you up.

A side note, this site (and hence the VCA) has supported the V-10 National from it's infancy. The registration forms for the first V-10 Nationals event were even hosted by Viperclub.org. This site has contributed financially as well and provided substantial marketing assistance. Look at the home page of the site, or even this forum where the V-10 Nationals schedule is "stuck" to the top. Our goal, as stated in the forum policies is to promote "taking it to the track" where owners can enjoy their cars to their fullest in a safe environment and enthusiasts can do the same. The V-10 Nationals do exactly that.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave a good point. I would guess that in the near future that something official may happen, but like with viper Days that means there is a lot of work to do. I sure Skip could give the exact number but from what I recall it took a few years (maybe 3-4) until there was an official relationship between Viper Days and the VCA. During that time the VCA did what it could to support Viper Days, such as space on this web site, getting print space in Viper Magazine, sending notices to Regional clubs about Viper Days events in their area, and even going to bat for Viper Days in regards to other sponsors.

Now you may or may not know that I have NO OFFICIAL VOTE with the VCA any longer. I am a member that gets to attend any National meeting because that is part of by-laws that state past National Presidents may attend for up to 10 years after the term. I usually try to make those meetings. So I do hear what is going on. My last VCA function lead me to believe that something is in the works that would fit what the VCA and V10 Nationals have in mind, but for a real answer I would suggest asking the appropriate VCA Official.

At the end of the day it in not a 5 second decision, but rather a long term relationship that we need to establish. Once all those open issues get resolved I am sure something will get worked out.

Viper Days offers a program that EVERY VCA member can enjoy, the Driving school. The VCA can tell ALL members about it, and every member gets a discount when they attend their first Viper Days event. That is a win win for both organizations. The other things Skip offers, the Challenge Series and Viper Racing League and not what the VCA is officially a part of, since it is then a more limited basis. But by Viper Days and the VCA working together they can bring new people to Skip, who in turn can try and move them up to the other programs he offers, and it keeps a good relationship growing.

I can't type anymore. I hope this helps. On a side note, this Drag Race concept is not new. In 1994 Dan Kroll proposed a program much like this new version, but we didn't have enough time to set something up with his organization before it went away. I think it would be great to not only do a Drag series, but also an offical autocross one as well. But one thing at a time.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, thanks!

The issue you refer to is not an issue that I have ever heard fromone VCA officer, Dodge Executive or JR Thompson. So as far as I know it does not exist. I am sure you can make it an issue but it really is not. I would just suggest that they stay apart as they are now and everything should be fine. By you keeping your word it will never be an issue, at least as far as I can see it.All I know is I am GLAD it is you taking care of that place because I have always felt you are a man of your word.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Joe and got the assurances I was looking for that Viper Alley's sponsorship of a Viper-related event would in no way prevent the VCA from getting involved. That was my one and only concern here.

I'll let the parties directly involved deal with the other issues.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The previous posts have done alot to clear the air and resolve alot of misconceptions. I am sure alot of people are glad some of the misconceptions were incorrect.It seams that we all are traveling in the same direction to promote the V-10 Nationals.

We will have two major forms of ways Viper owners can enjoy the Viper owner experience ....Road racing and Drag racing ...... specific to just Vipers.

Cudaman :usa: :2tu:

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a "regular" web head since I generally don't have the time to always be here. But at the end of the day I have been lead to believe that:

-This site is a extension of the VCA so it will and always will have to run under VCA guidlines.
-The other site is designed to HELP the VCA keep our current standards, thus offering an outlet for mature or even inmature venting.

Like you said Cuda, there are a lot of misconceptions, but like always it depends on who you talk to. Mike and I have and continue to be friends, with mutual respect and the ability to ALWAYS speak honestly wih each other. He has proven me wrong in the past and I am sure I may have done the same. Mike loves Vipers as do I , and I feel he has dedicated as much if not MORE than I to the Viper comunity and also the VCA.

That being said, like EVERYONE of us that breath air, we will and have dissagreed on things, but so what. Some people NEED to make issues out of anything they can twist and others go about it in a different manor.

The VCA has a job to do. The other site has a job to do. As far as I call tell this site seems to be better than ever and more focused than ever, so I GUESS that means the other site is doind it's job well also.

Now I have to go puke because I am stating to feel like OPRA!

Later

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery