VEC1 - Sean Roe

Bobby Likis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Sean's control unit, tubes, filters, and clutch link on my bonestock 2001 GTS. The unit made a drastic improvement from 4750 to 6000+ RPM. I highly recommend Sean's products and can personally attest to his availability when you have questions. He's great. Feel free to call or e-mail me should you need additional information. Be safe. Bobby

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Viper Lovers,

I am interested in hearing about the experiences of Viper owners that are using Sean Roe's VEC1. Performance gains, drivability changes, etc... I have a '98 GTS 3.73 gears/cat-less/Corsa exhaust/smooth tubes/filters, and was considering this mod. Thanks!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by 99t1 on 04-17-2002 at 10:08 PM</font>

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This brings up a question that I was planning on calling Sean about next week. I have the VEC1 (nice product)and also occaisionally run the BTR Nitrous set-up. Since the more optimum settings on the VEC1 tend to lean out the air/fuel ratio I believe you would need to set the VEC1 back to at least stock settings to avoid a possible too lean condition when introducing the N2O & propane. Could anyone comment on this? Also would it be possible to utilize the VEC1 as a tool to monitor fuel/air ratio during N2O runs? Thanks!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the VEC-1 @ 0-0(stock settings)for nitrous.Haven't played with reverse settings(retarding timing)yet.With a hundred shot on the first try ever she went 11:[email protected] with major spin top of 1st and 2nd.It's very important to watch your air/fuel during nitrous.Can identify a lean condition and allow you to shut down before damage!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VEC1 on Nitrous - monitor the air/fuel ratio as you increase nitrous jet and propanje jet, at some point you will tend to run lean since the propane flow will max out and a jet size increase will not affect air/fuel. At that point you can still get further enrichment by going plus on the high speed dial on the VEC1. The only draw back is that the plus setting also retards the spark. Try +2, +4, etc, till the power falls off.

The propane limitation will only show up on the higher hp nitrous/propane combinations. As long as you have sufficient fuel enrichment (propane), the VEC1 should have very little impact. Try to error on the rich side. Take a base line of air/fuel without nitrous and try to keep any modification as close to the factory value as posible. Typically a little rich will not loose much hp.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today,installed a Sean Roe VEC1 in my mostly stock 2001GTS.It eliminated the light throttle surging(factory settings too lean)and greatly reduced the exhaust odor during heavy loads(factory settings too rich).The ability to adjust it while driving is a plus.The air fuel readout gives real-time information that I found enlightning.The installation isn't difficult but I'm not Gumby and better left to someone more flexable (like a snake).

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have minor mods: exhaust, cats, aibox and K&N's. I just installed the VEC1 and noticed a slightly crispier response down low an a little seat of the pants feel up top. I am very happy with the results.

P.S. I mounted the LED display where the instructions tell you to mount the controller. Then I mounted the controller under the seat.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, Will your supercharger kit come with a VEC1? I plan on purchasing one, but will wait for the supercharger kit to come out if a VEC1 is part of it.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg D:
Sean, Will your supercharger kit come with a VEC1? I plan on purchasing one, but will wait for the supercharger kit to come out if a VEC1 is part of it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Alternatively Sean could promote both by selling you the VEC1 separately and earlier, and then knocking the difference off the price of the supercharger later. This would work to both parties' benefit - you get the VEC1 immediately, he gets the $ for the VEC1 immediately, and you've already effectively paid toward the supercharger
smile.gif
In fact, if he did it this way, I would be buying his VEC1 immediately.

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of what the unit looks like installed? Where did you all mount the unit itself?

Serpent 97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Onerare,don't mean to be barging in on your post,but I was wondering were Tony got that shift knob from.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for another place to mount the knobs. I hate where it is and I always have to check if I changed the settings with my leg. I remember when I got it I opened it up to see if I could elongate wires or make wires from the knobs to the circuit board. I seem to recall that I couldn't because everything in there was coated in epoxy. But it's spring again, driving the car alot and the wheels are starting to turn again. If Sean or anyone else has put it in a better spot please let me know.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is on the placement of the A/F ration meter. I just dont like the idea of "sticking" the meter on top of the steering column. I guess if it comes down to it, I will have a fiberglass pod manufactured to replace steering column (for a factory integrated look). I just hate the idea of spending $400 to do it.

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have vec1 for sale. please let me know if you are looking to buy one. it's 300shipped. i used it for 3k miles and looks like NEW. i have original installation instruction and box.
202 255 6547

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc Lublin:
I'm looking for another place to mount the knobs. I hate where it is and I always have to check if I changed the settings with my leg. I remember when I got it I opened it up to see if I could elongate wires or make wires from the knobs to the circuit board. I seem to recall that I couldn't because everything in there was coated in epoxy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The wires are long enough that you can mount the control box on the passenger side of the car if you want.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I can mount it on the other side, but as much as I don't like to hit it, at least I know it's there and am careful. As it is I have to tell the passengers to be careful of the side sills. I'm just looking for a cool custom mount where all you see is the knobs and numbers in a place where you can't hit them easily. It's going to be raining here tomorrow so maybe I will light up the garage and do some real searching. If I find the perfect spot I will let everyone know.

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc Lublin:
I know I can mount it on the other side, but as much as I don't like to hit it, at least I know it's there and am careful. As it is I have to tell the passengers to be careful of the side sills. I'm just looking for a cool custom mount where all you see is the knobs and numbers in a place where you can't hit them easily. It's going to be raining here tomorrow so maybe I will light up the garage and do some real searching. If I find the perfect spot I will let everyone know.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about underneath the ashtray.How deep is that spot?

Joe