VEC2 log sheets inside ...

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This evening I did some fine tuning on my Viper using the VEC2 logging software. It can't replace the dyno but works great. It saves me a lot of time on the tuning. On the dyno my car has a tendency to over heat so I prefer to test on the road. I installed a couple of new things on the Viper this week and I wanted to test that every thing is working properly.
- Installed Methanol/Water injection
- Calibrated VEC2 so that it can directly read the AFR from my Wideband Commander unit.
- On cylinder #10 tuned injection pulse offset and I have tested several sparc plugs.

The result is very good though I still run a little rich around 11.3 AFR. This evening the temperature was higher and my car was hot. The WBC calibration is 100% perfect. If somebody needs the WBC calibration for the VEC2 I can forward my default log file. I tested an NGK FR5-1 for cruising but it didn't improve much the situation on my cylinder #10. So I replaced it with an NGK FR4 and that helped more. I also used the FR4 for my test run. The other cylinders had FR5 sparc plugs. What amazing is that I have a 5lb puley and my boost is going up from 4psi stable to 8.3psi. I had no detonations. Used 94 octane fuel for the test.

On this sheet you can see my AFR and RPM. I did a shift from 4th to 5th gear.
log1.jpg

On this sheet you can see my maximum boost 8.34psi and it is not a boost surge ...
log2.jpg

The last sheet shows my fuel and ignition:
log3.jpg

And my plugs before a test run 2 days ago.
Plug #10 was cleaned otherwise it would have been black.
pl2.jpg

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job, that a/f tune is very similar to what we have seen on the dyno. From that log you can calculate your horsepower from the rate of change of rpm, final drive ratio, and coeff of drag.

I usually don't see as much boost creep, are you running stock exhaust?

-Dave.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried to calculate the HP but for that I need a reference and I don't have. It would be great to find somebody who dynod his Viper and has a street log file like mine. So I would be able to estimate my HP from that log and the dyno.

Anyhow the acceleration is creasy with the methanol injection. The exhauste was modified but not the rockers.