Vec3 Program

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Vec3 program that they can email me. Sean upgraded my Vec2 and he emailed me the Vec3.exe program for my desktop, put there is some problem with it and windows will not let my computer download it. I emailed Sean, but since it's Sunday he's not around and it's a beautiful day in NY, so I'd like to tune my car.
Thanks

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Vec3 program that they can email me. Sean upgraded my Vec2 and he emailed me the Vec3.exe program for my desktop, put there is some problem with it and windows will not let my computer download it. I emailed Sean, but since it's Sunday he's not around and it's a beautiful day in NY, so I'd like to tune my car.
Thanks

Marc,

I have it. You need to unzip it and move it to the desk top from the zip file--or somewhere else--to open it. If not, I can e-mail you the zip file Sean sent me.

Steve

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what the differance is between the vec 2 and 3. I can't find anything on Roe's site.

Thanks
Gary

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what the differance is between the vec 2 and 3. I can't find anything on Roe's site.

Thanks
Gary

From what I know....

The Vec3 has IAT correction and direct connect to a laptop (some Vec2's connect in a different way)
I think all Vec2's can be updated to work just like a Vec3.

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is an early Vec2. Sent it back to Roe and it was updated to a Vec3 in a couple of days. Can't use it yet though because my laptop will not accept the program that Sean and Steve sent me. Hopefully Sean can help me straighten it out today.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in the upgrade if the IAT worked better. Anyone have any before and after experience? Also, how much for the upgrade?

D

DAMN YANKEE

Marc, did you get that program issue squared away? Was it a downloading an ".exe" file issue? If so, I am hoping that you got some help in explaining that some computers will not allow ".exe" files to be downloaded from the web because of security concerns. It's not the program, its the security software constaints, easily resolved. If it is an ".exe" issue and you are still struggling with it, please just let me know what Internet Security Software you are running and I would be happy to help you get around it.

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yankee,
It is actually Microsoft Outlook Express (my mail program) that was blocking the program from being downloaded. I did some research online and found:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP030850041033.aspx?pid=CH062556131033

Which basically says that if you are using this program, than the way to download is to change .exe to something else and change it back after you are done. Do you know another way? My reason for asking is, now that it is downloaded I cannot get the program to run. I have Vec2 software installed that runs fine, but I get the message "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" when I try to run the Vec3 program. It's a little frustrating since I can't drive the car if I can't tune the Vec3.

Thanks

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yankee,
It is actually Microsoft Outlook Express (my mail program) that was blocking the program from being downloaded. I did some research online and found:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP030850041033.aspx?pid=CH062556131033

Which basically says that if you are using this program, than the way to download is to change .exe to something else and change it back after you are done. Do you know another way? My reason for asking is, now that it is downloaded I cannot get the program to run. I have Vec2 software installed that runs fine, but I get the message "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" when I try to run the Vec3 program. It's a little frustrating since I can't drive the car if I can't tune the Vec3.

Thanks

If you have downloaded the program already, then outlook is not the problem. When you get the email do you save the file to another location on your hard drive? If not that may be the problem as outlook may not be letting you open the program from within outlook.

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really think outlook is the problem anymore. Yes, I made a new file on my desktop and saved the program to it, but get the error when I try to open it. Since I don't know why it will not open, I was thinking that maybe in changing the name and downloading it somehow effects the program.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc,

I use Outlook Express as well. In addition to making a new file on the desktop for the zip file, you also have to drag the VEC3.exe file itself out from the zip file.

Steve

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update:
It was a problem with my computer. James (no rice) tried to help me out, but couldn't because my computer couldn't perform some basic tasks. I contacted geek squad online and they remotely went through my computer. Turns out there was a virus and some Windows settings weren't correct. They took care of the problems for $99 and got me up and running. Then with Sean's help getting some Vec3 settings right, the car is up and running again (I think? It had to snow today, so I can't test her out). Thanks to everyone who stepped up to help me out! This experience just renews my faith in how great this forum is and why I like being a member of this community.
Thanks again!

D

DAMN YANKEE

Sorry for the delayed response, traveling again. Yep, I thought so,

Shareware.

My favorite

http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/attachments_compressor/

http://www.mrhtech.com/Software/OPA/

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/utilities/attsecup.htm#usage

Or try this..

---------------- From the Web ----------------------------------------------

Recent Outlook Versions Outlook 2003, Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2000 SP3 (but not Outlook 98 or earlier Outlook 2000 versions) allow the user to use a registry key to open up access to blocked attachments. (Always make a backup before editing the registry.) To use this key:
Run Regedit, and go to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security

(change 10.0 to 9.0 for Outlook 2000 SP3 or to 11.0 for Outlook 2003)
Under that key, add a new string value named Level1Remove.
For the value for Level1Remove, enter a semicolon-delimited list of file extensions. For example, entering this:

".mdb;.url"

would unblock Microsoft Access files and Internet shortcuts. Note that the use of a leading dot was not previously required, however, new security patches may require it. If you are using "mdb;url" format and extensions are blocked, add a dot to each extension. Note also that there is not a space between extensions.

If you are using this registry entry, a glance at Help | About Microsoft Outlook will show Security Mode: User Controlled above the license information. See OL2002 You Cannot Open Attachments for more information on this registry entry.

To force users to save *.zip files to the hard drive before opening, add .zip to the extensions step 3. See How to configure Outlook to block additional attachment file name extensions for more information.

If you prefer not to edit the registry directly, you can use one of these tools to make the change; not all support both Outlook 2002 and 2000:

Attachment Options COM add-in by Outlook MVP Ken Slovak that adds an Attachment Security Options page to the Tools | Options dialog in Outlook 2002 to allow you to manage which file attachments are blocked. Only for Outlook 2000 SP3, Outlook 2002, and Outlook 2003. For Also provides a user interface for setting two other Outlook options -- Read as Plain Text (Outlook 2002, SP-1 or later) and Minimize to System Tray. Available in English and German.

I, for one, woud be interested on how your work all ends up, please do post your success or failure.