Vibration

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I have been having a vibration that starts at about 80 mph. Whenever I hit about 80 the steering wheel starts to vibrate, enough to feel it in the rest of the car. I had the four wheel allignment done and also had the front wheels rebalanced. When I had the wheels rebalanced we found that one of my wheels were slightly bent. (it wobbled on the machine)

The wheel still balanced out to zero.

So my question is... Would the wheel being slightly bent even though it balanced out be enough to make everything vibrate or shake? Or am I looking at some other problem?:dunno:

Adam-

:usa:

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bent wheel can definitely give you vibration (even if balanced) and also if the rear wheels are out of balance you'll feel it at higher speeds.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I just got four new tires and that helped significantly...but I still have a vibration right at 80. Not before or after, but right at 80. I had an alighment done at Porche of Orlando a few years ago along with a forced variance balance and that helped a lot back then. I suppose I could use an alignment again. It really feels more like harmonics in the drive train, but since the alignment and balance before seemed to help, I suspect that to be more the issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang