Video: 7.52 @ 189.10mph on DR's

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is an awesome video Tiremahin from Yellowbullet.com put together from this past weekend at MIR's Import vs. Domestic race. I lost 2nd round when the track went to hell and I blew the tires off at the line. I ran a 7.53 to back up the 7.52.

Weight was 3680-3690lbs.
M/T 315/60/15 Drag Radial

New 1/8 mile best of 4.94 @ 152mph.

I was turning down the boost after the 1/8 mile to stay off the limiter which is why the trap speed is lower. That problem will be resolved over the winter! ;)

TWIN TURBO VIPER on Vimeo

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very smooth looking runs. Thought about shooting down straight from BWI, but I had too much to do.

At least I can say my exhaust used to be on that car.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is crazy fast. Very nice runs. How much HP are you running on that 7.52 run? Excellent Runs

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whose turbo setup is on your Viper? Isn't that time a new record for the Viper?

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is crazy fast. Very nice runs. How much HP are you running on that 7.52 run? Excellent Runs

Not sure on the power as it's very hard to keep strapped down on a chassis dyno. From our calculations, fully wicked it makes around 2200hp flywheel.

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whose turbo setup is on your Viper? Isn't that time a new record for the Viper?

The turbo system was fabricated by Heffner Performance in conjuction with Turbo People. Majority of the car was put together and built by Drummond Race Cars. Steve Drummond is a bad ass man and this car wouldn't be what it is today without him. I've done 100% of the electronics and tuning.

I would like to think that no one has gone this fast in an IRS Viper or any other IRS car. In addition, no one else has backed up the passes as many times as I have. ;)

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure on the power as it's very hard to keep strapped down on a chassis dyno. From our calculations, fully wicked it makes around 2200hp flywheel.
Good god, you have created a monster, Dr. Frankenstein!

Last edited:

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes its an auto. AMAZING CAR, you should be a very happy proud man

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great comments. We've had many bumps in the road, but this year the car and I have grown together. I've made over 50 passes in this car this year and the only thing we have broken is one ring/pinion set and split an intercooler weld.

Quite honestly, we never expected this car to be this fast. Especially on a radial tire. I always thought the weight of the car would hinder the performance and I will not gut the car. People are amazed that it is still full factory interiored with A/C, power brakes, power steering, etc. I will be removing the A/C this winter because the tracks will not let me run next year without updating the roll cage to a 25.5 SFI certification. Currently my chassis is only cert'd to 8.50's. The additional bars will add 40lbs, and hopefully removing the A/C will negate the weight of the additional bars.

Prior to this year, I've never been quicker than 10's in the quarter and never raced competitively, only fooled around at Test-n-Tune nights or private rentals. This is definitely a whole new level of driving for me!:drive: I raced in the Drag Radial class this year and out of approximately 15 races that I attended I've won one, been to the finals 4 times, and the sem-finals 4 times.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that's what I call fast! Your Trap speed is crazy fast in the 1/8th. You're already doing 150+ MPH. Wow! Great job and that's got to be a rush. What kind of 60' times does that beast pull ? and what rear end ratio are you running ? I take it you're in top of 5th when you're going thru the traps

VipeRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The video was VERY impressive! For sure,....one bad ass viper.

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that's what I call fast! Your Trap speed is crazy fast in the 1/8th. You're already doing 150+ MPH. Wow! Great job and that's got to be a rush. What kind of 60' times does that beast pull ? and what rear end ratio are you running ? I take it you're in top of 5th when you're going thru the traps

I'm at the top of 2nd going through the traps! :rolaugh: I have a Powerglide. ;) The 6 speed will not put up with this kind of launch or power for more than one run. At this level, I'd be going home very early with a 6 Speed with either a broken trans, clutch, or driveline parts.

My 60's are in the 1.25-1.28 range. I'm still running the factory 3.07 ring and pinion.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm at the top of 2nd going through the traps! :rolaugh: I have a Powerglide. ;) The 6 speed will not put up with this kind of launch or power for more than one run. At this level, I'd be going home very early with a 6 Speed with either a broken trans, clutch, or driveline parts.

My 60's are in the 1.25-1.28 range. I'm still running the factory 3.07 ring and pinion.

LOL! I guess you are going thru the traps in 2nd with a powerglide :lmao:I can't see the video here from work so I took that out from what you posted up. I might have picked up on that from the video if I could see it. I'll check it out when I get home.

Impressive nonetheless ! Congrats on a very fast ride :omg:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely aweasome!! Do you mind if i brag about your time over at the AMG, M forums. These guys think they have the 'ball'
with their 11 sec 200K cars.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and I will not gut the car. People are amazed that it is still full factory interiored with A/C, power brakes, power steering, etc.

:drive: is your car still streetable? :omg: - so some civic with a poop can may challenge you and then disappear in the vortex :lmao:

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely aweasome!! Do you mind if i brag about your time over at the AMG, M forums. These guys think they have the 'ball'
with their 11 sec 200K cars.

Don't mind at all. But I'm sure they start up with the whole it's a "race car" arguement. :)

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive: is your car still streetable? :omg: - so some civic with a poop can may challenge you and then disappear in the vortex :lmao:

Yes it is streetable, but I wouldn't consider it a daily driver. On some weekends, I'll put the kid's car seat in and take them for a ride around town. I still have everything installed that came from the factory. The car still has A/C, power windows/locks, power brakes, power steering, sound system, etc.

In July, I took the car through Delaware state inspection and legitimately passed after installing catalytic converters and retuning the car. There are no loop holes in Delaware and everything is run by the DMV. The inspection consists of tests for the horn, lights, wipers, 25mph brake test, and tailpipe emissions.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is streetable, but I wouldn't consider it a daily driver. On some weekends, I'll put the kid's car seat in and take them for a ride around town. I still have everything installed that came from the factory. The car still has A/C, power windows/locks, power brakes, power steering, sound system, etc.

In July, I took the car through Delaware state inspection and legitimately passed after installing catalytic converters and retuning the car. There are no loop holes in Delaware and everything is run by the DMV. The inspection consists of tests for the horn, lights, wipers, 25mph brake test, and tailpipe emissions.

just watched your vid again....smooth run for sure

kids' car seat in your car on the street is a unique mix :2tu:

thanks again

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive!!! Had same comment as earlier, not hearing any shifts....man, that fast and an automatic!!!

Your motor looks awesome - pics in Viper Alley

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery