Video of a V8 6.2L Viper raced at Nurburgring.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
That Viper won 3 times before they started restricting the air intake. They went with eliminating 2 cylinders to meet the 6.2L requirement because it ran better than the V10 with air restrictions. Nice that the germans have to restrict the Viper so their eurotrash bimmers, porsche, etc. have a better chance of winning than the 10 year old Viper does. What a joke...if you can't win change the rules! :rolleyes: :p Viper finished 3rd behind the two bmw factory M3 V8s...go figure.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you said V8. I was thinking engine swap.

Just shutting down 2 cylinders and still being able to win races is really far out.

I wonder why the rule makers would let them mod the engine to qualify for no intake restrictions?

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She looks a lot like her legendary father.

I always find it more enjoyable viewing English presentations of such events compared to the crew on Speed channel. I don't know why that is.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I went further I thought it might be a punched out version of the 425hp 6.1 Hemi. It would seem like you could save some weight with that motor, and they have proven to be stout performers.

Darkness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She looks a lot like her legendary father.

I always find it more enjoyable viewing English presentations of such events compared to the crew on Speed channel. I don't know why that is.
Who is she though?

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is shutting down 2 cylinders 6.2L?

8L/10cyl=.8L/cyl

.8L/cyl * 8 Cyl = 6.4 L

where did the other .2 L go?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not exactly 8 liters....

7990cc = .79/cyl
.79 * 8 cyl = 6.32L

***???

Maybe someone can explain the rules of this race.