Video of Viper vs Z06 and Supra

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know what you zo6 guys are talking about. I completely trash every zo6 I've raced so far at Englishtown by at least 10+ car lengths. There is no comparison period.

you must not be stock or the Z06 drivers dont know how to drive.

I am saying this because my buddy has raced a handful of vipers in his 350 rwhp Z06. He raced one of the good drivers around here and the Viper driver beat him by 2 cars max up 120.

It is a close race if you ask me, but the viper is a tad quicker.

I am slightly modded but so were they. I haven't street raced any so perhaps from a roll it might be a bit different but I wouldn't imagine the outcome to be drastically changed

Race one from a 40 punch and find out..believe me, you will not put 10 cars on a Z06. I will post videos for you soon.

I am not arguing with you, but the reason i say this is because i have been reading over the boards for the past few days and i realized that the Viper guys dont respect the Z06. They really should. A 50K car that runs low 12's is awesome.

Maybe the guys you raced from a stop didnt know how to launch. But, if you get some1 that knows how to get a descent launch, i promise you that you wont put 10 cars on it..not even half that amount. Will you win? Yes, given equal drivers, but not by the amount you say.

just my .02

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't think I can put 5 lengths on a zo6. I'll take that bet. Where do you live, mabe we can arrange it.

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care about drag racing, but a stock viper will not put 10 cars on a stock z06. 5 cars is about 1/2 sec in the 1/4 and with a good driver in both it would be closer than that.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was fun. Nice videos, Mike. Thanks for sharing the fun.

You must be registered for see images

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't think I can put 5 lengths on a zo6. I'll take that bet. Where do you live, mabe we can arrange it.

I will be more then happy to take on that bet.

I live in MI..i dont have the Z06, but my friend does.

5 cars with equal drivers? No way!

3 cars? possibly

2 cars? definatly.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious.... did the Vette get a ticket too? Awesome video!What did the cop say when he pulled you over. The last ticket I got I was doing 101 in a 50 and the cop said.."Were you going to an emergency situation"....my answer..."Kind of, I'm a little late for dinner and my wife gets cranky when I'm late". :cool:
No he didnt, the cop pulled me over and my friend in a RED Vette that was not even racing :rolleyes: Goes to show how much attention he was paying to us lol. The other Vette got the same ticket I got 85 in a 55. Cop was very nice and apreciated my honesty when he pulled me over. He asked me do you know why I pulled you over, and I answered yes, I was being stupid having a little fun with the Vettes :D Honesty sometimes is the best policy.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Street racing? Of course! Thats why I bought the car!

just kidding!

What Dakota? Saw an old Dodge pickup, but no Dakota?

We just had some recent deaths in the LA area from street racing. Some people out here are mentally ********, and do it in crowded streets. Personally, I am very selective about the road, time, traffic patterns, and RARELY buzz by anyone. If you get frisky, bring it down quickly, because the longer you go fast, the higher the odds are of impact. Some guys tell themselves that they can handle the speed, and its probably true in most cases. What they fail to realize, is that there are many people out on the road who are
1 F'd up physically, can't see straight, can't estimate distance at a standstill, let alone in motion.
2 Unable to anticipate the trajectory of your car, if you are going more than 10 mph faster then them.
3 Unwilling to check their blindspot as they change lanes
4 If they check their blindspot, they assume there is nothing there, but if you are going faster than the pace of traffic, you end up in their path, as they meander into your lane
5 Then theres just the spiteful, jealous people who hate you because you have a nice car, and when you get close, they cut you off, hoping to make you wreck, or at least give you static. And if you are racing, they feel all the more bold in doing so
6 On medication for their new root canal
7 Distracted by kids, phone, GPS, Combo #4, etc
8 Drunk
9 Just got laid off, and madder than a wet hornet, itching for trouble

Does knowing the above keep me from racing? Not entirely, and I won't lie. Its a lot of fun, partly because it is dangerous. Its a rush. But be careful, because its not just you who is the loose cannon, its all the mini-vans, and the mass of emotional, poorly trained, ill-equipped, fragile humanity who go from point to point half blind, spiteful, etc. who may become the wild card in your trajectory calculation, and you can't control them.
Vic you are right it was a Ram not a dakota :eek: I also agree with you about everything you said. I never race or fool around in traffic, as you can see from the videos lots of open road, especially @ 7am :D

BUFF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good looking race there. Looks like he had more than air intake and exhaust mods to hang with you there big fella.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Buff are you from the Ny, Nj metro area? I ask because you have the Cartek heads/cam package. I got destroyed by two x-packages that run 10's a couple of months ago. I'd like to have a go at with you if you'd like. I think you'd take me, but might be closer since you dont have gears ;)

Thanx Bruce, check out the road trip video if you think think this was good :cool:

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said the guy runs low 12's with slicks. I'll have no trouble with 11.1 or 11.2 with slicks. that's 10 lengths so if you want to take the bet at 5 lengths I'd be happy to take your money. I'll be in Chicago sometime this summer, lets try and put it together. I'm sure we could find a track in the middle somewhere

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The percentage of Viper owners who think street racing is either funny or cool is fairly low.
Post away but you aren't impressing as many people as you think.

You're right. He's probably only impressing as many people as you are with your avatar. Have fun babying your cars.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The percentage of Viper owners who think street racing is either funny or cool is fairly low.

You're right. He's probably only impressing as many people as you are with your avatar. Have fun babying your cars.

My avatar doesn't endanger anyone and neither will your intellect. :rolleyes:

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My avatar doesn't endanger anyone and neither will your intellect. :rolleyes:

Touche! Thanks for playing. ;)

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said the guy runs low 12's with slicks. I'll have no trouble with 11.1 or 11.2 with slicks. that's 10 lengths so if you want to take the bet at 5 lengths I'd be happy to take your money. I'll be in Chicago sometime this summer, lets try and put it together. I'm sure we could find a track in the middle somewhere

never said slicks! i said drag radials.

Are you near stock? what are your mods? yr of car? etc.

if you are stock and think you can get 10 cars on a Z06, then you obviously dont know the power of a Z06.

i told my buddy about this and he is ready. bring your $ too, because you are about to give some away..:)

btw, my buddys Z06 is an 01 with a cold air intake and exhaust only. 350 rwhp.
so if u r more modified then that then it wouldnt be too fair. if you have similar, light mods, then you are on. you wont even win by 5 cars never mind 10. ;)

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, consider it a done deal. Why dont you email me a way to contact you directly so we can pin down the particulars.

BTW I'm not stock, this has been discussed in previous post. I dont have any serious power adders (no nos, sc, or turbos. Stock bottom end) I will use et streets and we will do it on an nhra sactioned track.

my email is [email protected]

BUFF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Buff are you from the Ny, Nj metro area? I ask because you have the Cartek heads/cam package. I got destroyed by two x-packages that run 10's a couple of months ago. I'd like to have a go at with you if you'd like. I think you'd take me, but might be closer since you dont have gears ;)

Thanx Bruce, check out the road trip video if you think think this was good :cool:

Sorry, I am down here in NC. I would definetely give you one if I was in the area. Next time I'm in the area, I give you a holla..