Vipair Suspension Setup...anyone???

2005 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done several searches but only found one good thread started by AbsolutHank regarding the Vipair suspension setup. It seems on this forum most either go with an Eibach/spring caps combo or the higher end Moton, KW, etc. setups that a 3500-5500$.

I would guess that the setup at its price point ($995) and the ability to adjust the ride height would sway quite a few people yet I dont see alot of "air time" for the setup. Does anyone here use this setup?

If so, I want a 5-15 page synopsis on pros/cons. :)

Or at least a paragraph

Reaction score
Well as you have probably seen already if you are just looking to lower the car for aesthetics then the Vipair kit is reasonable. The stock shocks do not like the lower height though and the ride will suffer. If you want the best of both worlds then the MCS shocks are your best bet. They will give a phenomenal ride, handling and looks. They are generally chosen by owners that are keeping their cars for a while and want to enjoy the benefits for a while. If you are the type that changes cars often then the cheaper route makes more sense really.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the Vipair height adjustable suspension for about a year and half.

The pros are the same as those with any height adjustable setup. These include height adjustable for aesthetics, lower CG, and some corner balancing capability. The cons are a stiffer ride, and a questionable gain in performance (true with any other aftermarket suspensions system). The stiffer ride is mostly attributed to the spring rates. I think my Eibach's are 500/800???, but there are other options/rates for a softer ride.

I don't ride with mine as low like Ryan's (Absoluate Hank), but I did want the ability to adjust height. I keep mine at about 1"-1.5" below stock and maintain the stock rake on the car. I have done a couple of track events, and have had zero issues thus far. For standing mile events, I have dropped it significantly (reduce drag) and was able to properly align it. (larger picture of my avatar below).

As I have participated in more track events, I do see me upgrading to better suited suspension system. Then again, I do have a convertible. If I want to track more often, maybe I should start all over with a coupe/ACR :dunno:

You must be registered for see images attach

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice thing about the Vipair Suspension is that we can tune the spring rates to you driving needs, we can offer a softer ride or a more track like ride like what 345 above has. On his car since he likes to drive triple digit speeds we went with the 500lb front and the 800 lb rear springs, like what most people with Moton club sports use. I have one customer with a very bad back and we went with 375 fronts and 500 rears and gave him all the [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]adjustability[/FONT] he wanted along with a nice soft almost stock like ride

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell us what the stock spring rates are for Gen III and Gen IV (non-ACR)? Inquiring dolts want to know... :crazy2: