Viper and schoolbus collision

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found an article showing what appears to be a red Gen III Viper roadster which collided headon with a schoolbus in Snohomish county, north of Seattle. The airbags deployed and the occupant was taken to a local hospital. The car looks to be in bad shape. I hope the driver is OK.

Does anyone know who owns this car?

You can read the article from the KOMO-TV by going to website.Car, school bus collide in Snohomish Co. | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

You must be registered for see images

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUCH! Hope everyone is OK. Thank god no kids were hurt. By the looks of that car there was some speed involved. Wonder what the speed limit is on that rural road?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21 year old driver with 21 year old passenger went over centerline and hit school bus with four children and a bus driver head on. Both vehicles totaled. Some hospitalized but no serious injuries. The driver said that he did not know why he went over the centerline. Not enough facts to come to any conclusion as to whether it was driver error, mechanical failure or both.

OP
OP
R

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To The Amigo. Glad it wasn't your car. I didn't think you would be out on Friday with all the rain pouring down. I was out Thursday when it was dry, but even though I use mine as a daily driver, the term daily doesn't mean pouring down rain.

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what the gentlemen driving in front of the Viper had to say...

To clarify this accident. The car was a Viper. I was driving a GMC pickup in front of the Viper at the time of the accident. I was carrying a full load in the bed of my truck and was moving no more than 45. The car followed me from Lakewood without incident. The car was suddenly no longer in my side mirrors; I saw and heard nothing. The boys were driving WITH permission from the owner; both are excellent drivers with no history. Very, very fortunate that the bus withstanded the impact and protected the precious cargo, and the big car protected those boys. Incredible that everyone is fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456