Viper Art

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need your thoughts and ideas everyone. I have noticed a lack for viper art available to owners and lovers of vipers and when I say art I mean created by a real talented artist not some canvas print of a viper with a splash of color in the background. How many of you would be interested in having a really cool unique piece of art in your decked out garage, man cave or living room? Something with color, depth and the ability to stare at it for a period of time picking out cool hidden viper related items every time you look at it. What items do you think would be cool to see? What race tracks would you like to see outlined in the painting? Would you also like the ability to have a custom painting created just for you for a little extra $$$ with you VCA screen name, the name of you and your wife, your viper, the place you bought it, the tracks you raced on ect worked into the art in a interested and unique way? Would you be willing to pay $300-$350 for a unique personal piece of viper art that everyone who sees it wants it? The reason I ask is I have connected with a very talented artist making a name for himself who has really impressed me and is willing to produce some art for me. I want to get an idea how many people would be interested and what you would like to have worked in. I will see if I can have a few paintings created and show them to you, if you like them I will have more created so you can buy them to enjoy. Every painting will be unique, one of a kind and very cool. What do you think?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's been other artists that have produced some similar "Viper Art". It's never been particularly popular. Seems like there's a great deal of interest from a very few owners.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you may be right but I will put money on it is different from the other artists in the past, he is not going for realistic art. Heres a description of his art from an article I found "Other artists have described his style as a mixture of abstract expressional, graphic multimedia, cartooning, and graffiti, with a dash of Pablo Picasso" I will see if I can get some of his work posted up

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wish i could, i would like to win some of his art as well, i did purchase the painting with all the faces, it looks unbelievable in person and pretty large, its 24x48, what type of things do you think would be interesting that are viper related that you would like to see incorporated into a painting?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well maybe a bunch of them at a futuristic race track. with some in the pits and some on the track. With his style thought a huge car crash at the track would look cool, but would not get a lot of buyers. Unless they were all yellow. Or a single car with serpents and snakes all over the place infiltrating the car.

Bruce

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be cool to have the Sneaky Pete/Fang logo in the center with snakes and ...... all around! Focal point would be the logo (in the center). I think, my opinion, if it is too abstract it will be difficult to relate to for Viper owners.

Another thought would be of various, easily identifiable (sp?) parts of a Viper - e.g., front facias, wings, side pipes wheels, etc. That could be kind of abstract and still be Viper-esque.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are great ideas from both of you, if he takes the idea of the crash I will make sure one of them is yellow :lmao:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Regardless the trademark issue arises when dealing with any logo including the shape of the Viper. He would need to contact Dodge first and work out the licensing.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well its art and would not be a realistic reproduction of a logo and the word "viper" is not chryslers, if you look at his art it is abstract, have you ever seen mickey mouse knock offs in the stores they are able to get away with this because there are a number of differences what makes it noticeably different but you still know what it is, i imagine this work as a "wheres waldo" with hidden clues that leads to you know its about vipers and your personal experience/story about your viper for example where is came from, where you bought it, the tracks you races on can be incorporated

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most gorgeous work of art I've ever owned is viewed everyday sitting in my garage, finished in a fangtastic SnakeSkin Green color. What else could you possibly need? It's like Christmas everyday. :santa4:

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed our vipers are art, I guess I have been barking up the wrong tree with this art idea, never know until you ask

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be the only one on the board that can state without reservation that I do not have the kind of extra $$ laying around to spend $300+ on a piece of car art--or any art for that matter. I got quite the look from my wife last night when I told her I ordered a real rollbar for my SRT-10, and that is for safety! I can't imagine the look (or something else) I would get if I said "Hey honey, I just bought this great Viper artwork!" Wife: "How much?" Me: "Only $350" Wife's reply: Blunt kick in the crotch.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes i can see that, have do have to protect the family jewels, that price range (it could be less) would be for a 24x48 thats a very big painting and takes the artist a ton of work to complete smaller pieces would be 100-150 range

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hope I am not changing the subject too much. There are tons of sites and companies that make just about anything collectable you want for a corvette, I have not found similar companies for the Viper. Any links would be great.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dads toy, this is one of the reasons I was thinking this art could fill a "want" that viper owners may have and that they could have something custom created, ebay does have some viper signs but nothing really custom, jon b at partsrack.com has an accessories gift section with some cool collectibles, i like the coffee tables with the large vipers but the large vipers are sold out

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks very much for the reply. I have about 20-30 die cast vipers that are either 1/18 or 1/24th scale but want more. Since I can't get a viper yet I am collecting the next best thing. I have a vette and you can get anything from clothing to cup holders to prints and signs. I wish I could find some of that for the Viper.

Last edited:

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would be in if it is an original and one off. If there was a way for him to incorporate my 96 blue and white and my 05 ce white and blue in the same painting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456