Viper Bras

pavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that Spring is finally here, I'll soon be taking the Viper out of hibernation. Want to protect the front fascia and am looking for suggestions on where to purchase and best price for color coordinated front end bras.
thanks,
Pavenom

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have the Mopar front mask. The bottom half was great, but the top half would flap at high speeds and caused scratches on the hood. Also, if you did not empty the botom half frequently enough, the dirt that collected there would eventually end up scratching up the facia.

I decided to use the 3M clear bra and haven't turned back since. But if you still want a color coordinated front mask, speedlingerie.com would be the first place I would look.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3m bra might end up costing less than a Color Coordinated Bra. And it will stay on all the time and Match Perfectly.

But to answer your question, partsrack might be the place to look.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uglyass bras on beautiful cars like Vipers are illegal in most states. Check your local laws for clarification.

3M clear bras are legal in all 50 states.

Repaint after 50k is also acceptable.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uglyass bras on beautiful cars like Vipers are illegal in most states. Check your local laws for clarification.
If color coordinated to the car, the "uglyass" comment is hard to justify, as some (most?) people don't even notice they are there.

Owners of black cars get a bonus, as you can purchase a black Mopar bra for less than $150, while other colors will probably require you to go to http://www.speedlingerie.com and have to shell out something like $500 (which is way too much for a bra, in my opinion).

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Clear bra is the way to go. My wife said that if I used one of those OEM or aftermarket bars she wouldn’t ever ride in the car ( :D Hmmm...?) and then offered to PAY for the clear bra and installation!! :2tu:

Even when I have pointed out to friends that my snake is clear bra protected, it takes them a bit of time to see the very faint line where the bra starts and ends. Mine covers the entire front fascia, 1/3 of the front of the hood and the mirrors. I also had some put on the top of the sports bar to stop any possible scratching when installing and removing the soft or hard tops, plus covered the side sills – top side and bottoms and around the inside edge of wheel wells.

My snake sports LLumar Paint Protection Film rather than 3M. Info can be found at: http://www.totaleclipse.biz/auto_spa/chip_protection.htm

Very cool and highly recommended!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the 3M clear bra as hard to see as the LLumar as posted above? Do you guys have these professionally installed? What is the cost of the bra and cost of installation?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some 3M clear I had put behind my rear wheels. I had them painted and taped. Really can't notice it, well worth the cost. Certainly better than any bra they look horrible.

You must be registered for see images attach