Viper breaks 200mph in one mile shootout!

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just looked at the results of the Nevada Open Road Challenge from last week. Hugh Hoard made 3 passes in the standing mile at 170, 200 and 202mph. with his '97 Viper (I assume a GTS). Does anyone know him and how his car is set up? Given that the event takes place at 6,000 ft elevation he must be putting huge horse power to the ground. I've done this event and could only squeeze out 148+ mph (467 rwhp and 503 torq).

Congratulations to Hugh!!:2tu: :2tu:

Bob K

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hugh is a very active Southern California Viperclub member. His Red coupe has garnered a great reputation at the local tracks.

His twin turbo setup was developed and supported by Dan Cragin at DC Performance.

Believe his next sights are set on running on the salt for land speed record status.

Congratulations HUGH!

Club Member Jerry Mall attended the same Silver State challenge event. He took first place in his K&N Viper for the Z2Z event. From a standing start reaching 100mph and then decellerating back to stop. (without ABS!)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club Member Jerry Mall attended the same Silver State challenge event. He took first place in his K&N Viper for the Z2Z event. From a standing start reaching 100mph and then decellerating back to stop. (without ABS!)

That's a lie! We all know we need nannytech to give us better numbers! :rolleyes: :D

RED GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Twin Superchargers.

Please correct me if I am wrong: Dan Cragin built only THREE twin SUPERCHARGED snakes. I have one of them. Recently dynod at 660++ & 578 tq . Keith Laxson assisted in the build when Dan flew out to Dallas to do the work. Kingman Hitz was the original owner here in Dallas (1st President of our NTCV). I don't know the name of the 2nd owner. I am number three and purchased the car last July 20113.

You must be registered for see images attach
http://forums.viperclub.org/images/icons/confused.gif

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your the owner of that car. I checked it out a few times...very nice. I think I remember reading about Nineballs 209 mph pass at Texas Mile. But he had a big Paxton build and a shot of nitrous. How the hell did this guy break 200 on a twin supercharged setup? I heard they were a ***** to tune for big #'s.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went 206 on just the Paxton. 209 with a 100 shot, spraying 5th-6th.

Congrats on the run, Hugh!