Viper Club Start Date?

rhansenjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When was the VCA started? I just got my 2001 membership card and on the bottom of the card it gives my membership number and "member since '96." I went to VOI1 in '94. I know I joined as soon as I knew there was a club. No big deal, but I would think it was before '96.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VOI-1 was held LONG before the VCA was formed! VOI-1 was held July 29-30, 1994. Partly as a result of of the successful VOI, Dodge invited some "known enthusiasts" and IVR officers, to consider a VCA.

We first met and agreed to proceded on Thurday, 5/11/95.
We asked Bob Lutz to become our Honorary Chairman that evening, in a dinner event we will NEVER forget!

The "newly nationalized" VCA was officially formed on Friday, May 12, 1995 at our first true "business session."

However, 14 clubs were already organized, of "enthusiasts" and IVR officers. The IL, CA, MI, and Pac-NW clubs were (in order) the recognized earliest.... IL led CA by a few weeks!

The date on your member badge should reflect the first partial or full your for which you paid dues as registered by the National organization. (Some local clubs may have been 'lax' in registering members!)

And NOW you know the REST of the story.........

JonB~~~~~~~~~:<~