Viper Crash in Prince George (Unfit for the road citation)

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Source: http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...orge01/viper-takes-bite-out-of-light-standard

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...orge01/viper-takes-bite-out-of-light-standard
You must be registered for see images

Police are continuing to investigate a crash Saturday night that saw the driver of a 2010 Dodge Viper knock over a light standard in the 1300 block of West Central Street.

The driver and car's owner, a 42-year-old Prince George man, was charged with driving without due care and consideration and driving a vehicle unfit for the road under the Motor Vehicle Act.

Police, who were called to the scene at about 9:30 p.m. said the driver was heading south on Highway 97 when he went off the road and struck the standard before eventually coming to rest in front of Prince George Motors.

Police declined to provide the man's name because the matter remains under investigation.

Two motorcyclists were also reportedly in the vicinity at the time and police are asking them to contact the Prince George RCMP.http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...orge01/viper-takes-bite-out-of-light-standard

Raven2k8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm...maybe the tires were bald or not DOT legal? That is all I can think of that would make that vehicle unfit for the road.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky for the guy, Judge Dredd was not available, otherwise there would be a hanging as well. First people charged with DUI while showing ZERO alcohol content and now this... Whatever happened to due process? Asking rhetorically only.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...maybe the tires were bald or not DOT legal? That is all I can think of that would make that vehicle unfit for the road.

It looks like it was an ACR-X, hence unfit for road use. You can see the red X on the side sill.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR final edition, he close to the viper community. Hopefully hes alright

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car has a valid BC licence plate [ personalized ] issued by ICBC. So either the plate was swapped from a non ACR X Viper to this one temporarily [ not legal ] or he had bald sport cup tires on the car, hence the unfit remark.
Ps;update, car is a street legal ACR.

Last edited:

Raven2k8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks like it was an ACR-X, hence unfit for road use. You can see the red X on the side sill.

After looking at other images the acr above the line is the correct badgings and the X would be next to the on the top. The lower one probably says final edition. This looks like a regular acr.

Edit: And I dont see a roll cage.

Last edited:

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasnt going to respond to this but things are getting out of hand.

#1 Im fine, thanks for your concern. No other other vehicles or injuries are involved.

#2 I ****ed up period. No broken nuckle before it happened, no deers. Im responsible for the misshap in first gear.

#3 Ticket for improperly equipped vehicle was for tires without being physically measured on the spot. (They are due for change but above wear bar) It was also brought to my attention the windows are tinted. Nothing to contest. The car as noted is a factory ACR

Nothing more to say at this point, but happy to share if you want to drop me a PM. Appreciated

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad you're ok. Snakebite is never fun. I knocked down a telephone pole once in a Stealth due to a tire blow out. It's embarassing enough because everyone always assumes you were being a careless idiot. I can't imagine being in the news over something like this that didn't involve anyone else. Must be a small town with nothing else to report; plus if you were in a Honda it wouldn't even be online.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't imagine being in the news over something like this that didn't involve anyone else. Must be a small town with nothing else to report; plus if you were in a Honda it wouldn't even be online.

Prince George is a good size town, the problem is with overzealous cops and media as of late when it comes to sport cars. Vancouver is no different. Three ricer cars were caught and seized last weekend on the Mary Hill by my place, immediately reported on the news!

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

#1 Im fine, thanks for your concern. No other other vehicles or injuries are involved.

#2 I ****ed up period. No broken nuckle before it happened, no deers. Im responsible for the misshap in first gear.

#3 Ticket for improperly equipped vehicle was for tires without being physically measured on the spot. (They are due for change but above wear bar) It was also brought to my attention the windows are tinted. Nothing to contest. The car as noted is a factory ACR

Nothing more to say at this point, but happy to share if you want to drop me a PM. Appreciated

I am glad you are okay.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for setting the record straight. I'm not surprised the cops didn't think the tires were street legal. Most people don't even think brand new tires on an ACR are legal much less new.

I'm glad you weren't hurt.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time in the history of viper ownership the driver admitted it was his fault.
Glad you are ok. Just a car.

hyph

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My heart skipped a beat when I read the title of this thread as I had just sold my old SRT to someone in Prince George.

I am glad to hear that you are ok, and i'm sure you'll be back on the road in no time.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad you are OK and it's refreshing to see someone taking accountability. Those darn deer are being discriminated against way too much these days. :D

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, I'm glad you are ok Drew. Mistakes do happen and my sympathies are with you.

Secondly, your car is one of my most favorite Vipers. So, when you get her repaired take better care of her! :smirk:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're OK.
It could have happened to any of us who drive our Vipers with aggression (even occasionally). Sorry it happened to you.
The damage doesn't look too terrible where it could not be repaired.
Keep your chin up.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, so like was it a slow news day or what, geesh. News flash, car slides in 1st gear and knocks over a pole ... OMG.

Glad you're OK and no one was hurt. Good luck on the repairs, doesn't look overly bad, should be good as new in no time.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broken left rear knuckle maybe? Notice tire deflection. Did it break and if it did, which occurred first the accident or the break?

Possible cause of the accident? Hmmm.....