Viper Crash on Mulholland Highway near Los Angeles, California

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My condolences to the family.

The problem is that our founding fathers didn't think up everything. They put the gun in the constitution but left out transportation. At that time it was the horse and now it's the car. The end result is that we have the right to own a gun but just a privilege to drive a car. Still, it's better than the UK where you can't drive without avoiding an enforcement camera.

Unfortunately one day, we'll all have been pussified to the lowest common factor of dumbness.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is that our founding fathers didn't think up everything. They put the gun in the constitution but left out transportation. At that time it was the horse and now it's the car. The end result is that we have the right to own a gun but just a privilege to drive a car. Still, it's better than the UK where you can't drive without avoiding an enforcement camera.

I disagree with your definition of "right" and "priviledge". The way I see it we have a right to do ANYTHING that is not specifically denied in the constitution.

And I will now apologize to everybody for continuing with the hijacking of this thread. All those pwople involved in this accident and family members will be harmed by this day for the rest of their lives.

OP
OP
V

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
brynwill,
Thanks for the update.
Our prayers go out for the entire family.
My GOD watch over them!!!!

Thanks,
UZY

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, is this another new owner doesnt want or doesnt care about new tires thread because the thread was too good to let it (the old rubber) go? It went! Forever. :crazy2:

Any hard facts about the car, age of tires, outside temps, ... a newbie will reach the limit(s) with old & hard RUNCRAPS easily in any Viper.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, is this another new owner doesnt want or doesnt care about new tires thread because the thread was too good to let it (the old rubber) go? It went! Forever. :crazy2:

Any hard facts about the car, age of tires, outside temps, ... a newbie will reach the limit(s) with old & hard RUNCRAPS easily in any Viper.
There's no new information on any of the points you asked about that I've seen. Obviously, our biggest concern now is the condition of the Viper driver (which seems to be critical, based on the last reports posted here). Hopefully some of our CA members can give us an update on that. We all hope and pray that he recovers from his injuries.

What we can tell from what has been posted is that the weather was clear, the Viper appears to be a Gen III vert (03, 04, 05, maybe, based on the wheels?), and that the preliminary CHP findings suggest a loss of control, resulting in a spin into oncoming traffic. That is consistent with a classic "Viper bite" (in which tires certainly could have been a factor), BUT, we have no way of knowing that for certain, or whether there could have been other factors involved, until and unless we have CHP's final conclusions as to the cause(s) of this tragedy. If that information is available, it has not been posted yet.

This tragic accident has prompted yet another attempt here to educate newbies, in the form of a "sticky" safety thread in this forum, which is still a work in progress. That's the only positive thing which can come of what is otherwise a horribly tragic incident, regardless of what the ultimate cause was. The subject of old/cold/mismatched tires obviously is/will be a part of that safety discussion, as it should be.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jessica's funeral was yesterday..lovely service..about 500 people..most wearing some version of purple or lilac..which was Jessie's favourite colour..
Jodi (Jessie's mom) is a walking ghost as you can imagine..Doug is still in a mediclly induced coma..and no-one knows if he survive..
Doug's life was his daughter..he was a volunteer coach to her sofball team (who were all at the service)..and completely involved in every facet of his daughter's life..
We now hope and pray that Doug will recover from his extensive injuries (the head trauma is obviously the biggest problem) and be able to return to his wife..who needs him desperately..and somehow learn how to deal with the loss of his daughter..
I've heard that the driver of the SUV is recovering and I hope that that is the case..
Embrace your loved ones my friends..accidents come out of nowhere (I guess that's why they call them accidents..)

Good God that's awful.
What a burden has been placed on that family in an instant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21