Viper Cruise through Europe

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't find the information on the planning of a Viper Cruise through Europe in 2007. Can anyone help me find the post or info?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard a few whispers earlier in the year but nothing since,
you could also try Maurice,

Im guessing no official news so late into this year means it isnt happening ?

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still a GO! Here's a copy of the flyer from VOI.
It's BIG so you can read it :D

115_1561.JPG

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
$250/tank easily... but it must be an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!

I've only driven whimpy cars in Europe, and always dreamed about having one of mine over there. The roads are eons ahead of those here, and they are designed for high speed, from the banks, radius and length of on/off ramps, etc....

And not only the Autobahn, everywhere!

Those of you that go will not regret it!

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add...

Those of you with smoked headlamps/tailights will have a problem! So take care of that before you go. Also, extremely loud exhausts WILL get you pulled over and ticketed.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey... and you will be cruising in the Netherlands.

I'll visit you guys! (Or maybe you'll visit me)

How much Vipers will be there? And where could people from Europe sign up?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be nice if it went to The Ring, be ashame to come all that way and not have a few laps.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also like to hear where the stops are located in The Netherlands and in Germany, and what the route looks like :D Would love to invite some people over for coffee and something to eat but unfortunately my town is filled up with speed bumps :evilmad: :curse:
If needed I would love to be of assistance in finding some nice locations and talk to (for example) restaurant owners (or just the latter if locations are already found) :2tu: Just need all the relevant info and I will see what I can do (can also speak German).

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like an amazing trip. I wonder what the cost is going to be. I called and put my name on the list. Can not wait for more details.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
InjectTheVenom,

Maybe we can work something out together?
When visiting The Netherlands you would have to cross Zevenaar (the place I live in) in order to get to Germany.
I think I could find some Dutch Viper owners too, who would want to attend these days.

I'd very much like to meet the people posting here in real....
Neil, are you going to? Is Baz coming also?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This trip is for US Viper Owners (and may be a few members from the Swiss VCA and our club). Read the flyer. Limit is 20 cars.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Limited to 20 Cars and I read somewhere at VOI that it was around $20000.( I could be wrong) so ALL YOU GUYS WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT THE $850. Don't bother to sign up.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20K would seems about right, i remember when Skip at viperdays was organising a similar thing before the middle east problems and that event was about the same amount of money,

$5K to ship a car, leaves $14K to cover hotels :)

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...so ALL YOU GUYS WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT THE $850. Don't bother to sign up.

LOL! That is so true! :D

I called the 800# and they still don't have a price on what it would cost so $20k is just speculation.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I work importing/exporting stuff.

You'll need a 20' container, and of course insurance both ways and over there if yours won't cover. I suggest a car cover for shipment, some of these containers leak and you don't want salt water on your snake.... (unless skinny dipping ;-) )

that will cost you no more than US$ 2,000 MAX! and I may be overstating.

Therefore, you can do this way cheaper than it is listed for. I doubt the hotels and meals add up another 18K.

Just call the embassy of the port of discharge (Rotterdam?) and ask for information on driving your car over there. Shouldn't be a problem, and save you a lot of money.

Cheers.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess insurance could be a nightmare, we've had a few guy send their vipers to DC Peformance for modding, you just cant get insurance in the US if you live abroad, not American and dont have a US postal address.

So I take it this works both ways, though there's bound to be some company out there that will sort it out espicially with Dodge's connections

there are several new safety type laws when driving in Europe though they vary from country to country, France for instance you need hi-vis vest for both driver/passenger, a warning triangle, spare lamp kit, first aid box, fire extinguisher, sticker with country of origin, all documents insurance, proof of ownership etc... so thats the trunk full :) if your not able to produce the above it a hefty on the spot fine !

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I guess insurance could be a nightmare, we've had a few guy send their vipers to DC Peformance for modding, you just cant get insurance in the US if you live abroad, not American and dont have a US postal address.

So I take it this works both ways, though there's bound to be some company out there that will sort it out espicially with Dodge's connections

there are several new safety type laws when driving in Europe though they vary from country to country, France for instance you need hi-vis vest for both driver/passenger, a warning triangle, spare lamp kit, first aid box, fire extinguisher, sticker with country of origin, all documents insurance, proof of ownership etc... so thats the trunk full :) if your not able to produce the above it a hefty on the spot fine !

Neil,

When I drive my car in Spain on the summer (Peugeot) I just go to the notary's office and buy insurance for 3 months. You will need it when you drive your car around France with a USA sticker, LOL. I bet anything you'll get keyed... I wouldn't go there.
Go to Spain, #1 in Europe for tourism, 50+million tourists/year and no hate towards Americans. You can drive in the South, perfect highways and infrastructure for tourists. From there (Marbella, Alicante, Benidorm) you can drive to Italy through France but takes less than 1 day. stops in Barcelona, St Tropez, Monaco, Cannes.... drive through the pirenees, then through the Alps.

Do not go to Greece, unless you plan on driving a Goat instead of a Viper. Same goes for Turkey and all the small satellite countries around (croatia, serbia, montenegro)

As for the extra "stuff" you are right, for example in Spain you need 2 hi-vis vests, and 2 triangles, but no fire extinguisher... That's why I said call the port of discharge's embassy for details.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like our boating laws.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insurance is not a problem. Ship your car to Bremerhaven, Germany, and as long as you have current registration you can purchase at the port the liability insurance from ADAC (german autoclub) for around 100Euro ($125) per month for up to 6 months. Covers all Europe. As for the mandatory equipment - expect local cops taking photos with you and not ticketing you for the absence of a vest! :headbang:

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if this really does end up costing 20,000 i wonder how much it would cost if some of got together and went on our own European cruise?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be nice if it went to The Ring, be ashame to come all that way and not have a few laps.

There's no way I would go to all the trouble and expense to take my Viper to Europe and not drive at the Ring.

Driving the Ring would be the main reason I would do it.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if this really does end up costing 20,000 i wonder how much it would cost if some of got together and went on our own European cruise?

there are many organised trips into Europe over the summer months, motoring holidays are quite a big thing over here, whether blasting over to N'burg or just general cruising around

for an example a couple of my friends just did this one and I was tempted to go but couldnt get the free time http://www.furball5000.co.uk/ (password BADGERS) a proven well organised annual event, it was all about the driving experience a 100+ tunnels through the italian alps must of been fun !
have look at the itinary only $3K as well

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that looks like a fun cruise!!!! does that price include hotel too? i think for that price a lot more of us would be able to make the cruise, instead of throwing away an extra 10-15k!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960