Viper-curious

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the original poster, just send a message to the regional club president for your area (get the email from the page linked to the main page of this site), and I'm sure someone can be arranged to accomodate you. Or if you make a post that is entitled "Would like a test ride in a Viper in XYZ, CO", then someone specific to your desire likely will respond.

OP
OP
M

mikecronis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, some great responses, truly! I'm in Colorado Springs, CO. I wouldn't mind renting in Denver for a day since I lived there for 5 years just recently as I moved. I work as a DoD contractor at Schriever AFB. I'll be 40 next month. My experience (see original posts) is with a Lotus Elise and a TransAm FireHawk SLP. I loved the Elise (2006) but it was a tad anemic and unreliable (I had it with 6 miles on it onward to 7000 in a 1 year) but the handling was superb and dialing-in the drift was a blast. The window for drifting was VERY VERY progressive and yielded no surprises. My current car (I'm in-between exotics) is a Saturn Sky RedLine (Go Penske!) but the window of drift from minimal drift to total loss is very narrow, and the sudden turbo-rush (21 PSI) makes feathering the throttle mid-turn without lifting off the throttle a ginger experience and requires deliberate carefulness (the turbo makes the rate of acceleration mid-turn non-linear. More exponential!)

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, Feel free to fly to Milwaukee and I'll give you ride in my '04. About 11 years ago I had a Pontiac Trans Am with the LS1 motor. The Viper is a totally different car. It's truly a special vehicle that demands respect. It's a beast. It's the most bad-A$$ car I've ever owned or driven in. I've modded mine and tracked it, and it just leaves you wanting more seat time.