Viper Days at Road America Aug 9th & 10th

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me if you have any questions or comments. 847-594-8477 and ask for Courtney.

Hello Viper Days Drivers!

Road America August 9th & 10th is just around the corner. If you are planning on attending this event as a driver or a spectator I will need to know about it ahead of time because this is not a spectator event. Everyone who enters must have a wrist band that will be handed out Wed PM from 6-9 at the Siebkens Resort Saloon!! Or Thur AM from 6-8am at the front gate.

I will need to know the answers to the following questions if you are planning to drive at the event:

Are you planning to drive Thur and Fri at Road America? Or just 1 day?

How many guests will you be bringing that will be involved in the food package?

Food selection for Thur night: 1. Beef Wellington 2. Baked Chicken 3. Atlantic Salmon

Please see www.roadamerica.com for track map, directions, and a hot lap around the track. 1-800-365-RACE (7223)
www.weather.com and thezip code for the track is 53020.
www.mapquest.com to get exact directions from your house to the track.

· This is NOT a spectator event. Please call Courtney to get your name on the gate list!! Otherwise you will NOT be let in!!

ALL WELDED 96 & 97 RIMS CAN ONLY RUN ON MICHELIN DOT TIRES! NOT ON HOOSIERS !

· Track is hot from 8-5pm Thur and Fri

· Gates open at 6am on Thur and Fri.

· Wed trailer parking will be from 5-10pm! Drop off ONLY!!

· Yes, Pets are allowed!

I have also attaatched the details for your benefit!

2001 VIPER DAYS

DETAILS ROAD AMERICA… August 9th & 10th

Þ FOURTH EVENT OF THE EASTERN REGION: Come out to the track and see all of your old friends and meet new ones! Come to drive on this world class track!!! This will be a sold out event!! Sign up early!!

Þ COST: $645.00 or $595.00 for VCA members - for a registration/reception party at Siebkens, two lunches, and a Thursday night banquet at Siebkens, commemorative gift for first timers and extensive track time. One day entry $250.00 includes lunch. Please check there web site for directions & info www.roadamerica.com

Þ PAYMENT: Viper days accepts Visa and Master Card. Make checks payable to: Viper Days, Inc. Payment for each event is paid in full prior to the event!! Late Entry 7 days before event will result in a $50 late fee, NO EXCEPTIONS!!

HOTEL INFO: Be sure to call Siebkens Resort to make room reservations and ask for the Viper Days rooms. Mention the Viper Days room block for the discounted rate. Rooms will be released July 8th . So call NOW!!!! Other Hotel: Victorian Village 920-876-3233 Ostoff Resort 920-876-3366

Host Hotel: Siebkens Resort 888-876-2600

284 Lake St.

Elkhart Lake, WI 53020

Þ TRACK SIDE SUPPORT Archer Racing Accessories will be on hand to do suspension set up, alignments, engine mods and exhaust. If there is something specific you will like, please call them and make an appointment. Call John @ 218-727-4806

Þ TIRES Bobby Archer Enterprises are the Exclusive provider of trackside safety needs, tire mounting and balancing, and sales. Those needing tires please call ahead and order them so they can bring them to the track. Call Keith @ 817-877-1776

Þ TRAILER AND RIG PARKING The track will be open to accept parking on Wednesday 5pm-10pm. You can also park on the street in front of the hotel.

Þ CAMPERS/MOTORCOACHES NOT ALLOWED TO CAMP ON THE PROPERTY. You can move to the outside of the gates to sleep.

Þ FUEL 93 & 100 unleaded Octane will be sold at the track. CREDIT CARD ONLY at pump.

Þ REQUIRED TO BRING Helmets with Snell rating of 95 or be no more then 5 years old. No motorcycle helmets unless you wear a belaclava. Long sleeve shirt and pants required.

Þ MED STATS 2001 IS MANDATORY! ! There is a NEW form requiring additional information. Please bring your Med+Stats lanyard or fill out Med+Stats confidential information and return with payment ASAP. Renewal will be only $ 15.00.

Þ WEDNESDAY NIGHT ARRIVAL: 6PM until 9PM check in and registration / reception with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at Siebkens Saloon. Tech. inspection will occur Friday night at the reception party, or Saturday morning. Please join us for hors d’oeuvres, drinks and some Viper Tales. A Viper tech inspection tip: empty your glove box and trunk at the hotel instead of the track.

Þ GUEST PACKAGE: For those who do not wish to put their car on the track and/or guests, we offer a food package of the reception, two catered lunches and a banquet for $125.00 per person. Children will be given a discount, must call Courtney for details!!

Þ TRACK INFO

· THURSDAY: The gate opens at 6:00AM and drive-arounds begin at 6:30. MANDATORY drivers meeting at 7:15. If arriving on Saturday morning, be at the track by 7:00 AM for registration and tech inspection the track will go hot at 8:00. Classroom instruction begins at 8:30 AM, Banquet at Siebkens, 5:30 cash bar / dinner at 6:15PM.

· FRIDAY:.Gate opens at 6:00 Be at the track by 7:30 AM. Driver meeting at 7:30 the track will go hot at 8:00. Trophy presentations at 5pm

ALL RT/10 MUST HAVE A ROLL BAR OR HARD TOP TO PARTICIPATE!!!!!

Þ ALL WELDED 96 & 97 RIMS CAN ONLY RUN ON MICHELIN DOT TIRES! NOT ON HOOSIERS !

If you have any questions please contact us at any of the following

Courtney Thomas – Phone and fax (847) 594-8477 or E-mail [email protected]

Visit our Web site: www.viperdays.com
Michelin Challenge Series- Tire Specifications
To all Viper Days Michelin Challenge Series Participants! Welcome to the 2001 Viper Days Season! We are all fired up about the first event. This is a note to let everyone know about the tire rules for the season. Here they are:

Sponsors bring Viper Days to you and to justify there sponsorship we ask you to buy from Bobby Archer, Archer Racing Accessories, Autoform and Venom Oils. We realize you can buy these products anywhere, but we cannot quantify sales without purchasing thru our vendors. It would help out Viper Days if you supported them. Shop around and compare, their prices are competitive!!

Stock- Any Michelin DOT tires

Super Stock- Any Michelin DOT tires

Prepared- Any Michelin DOT tire

Modified- Any Michelin DOT tire

Super Modified- Any Michelin DOT tire

Unlimited- Hoosiers are allowed

Examples: If you choose to run Hoosiers you will automatically be bumped up to the Unlimited class. There will be trophies for this class.

You can run any tire you want at Viper Days!! In order to get points in the Michelin Challenge Series you must run the spec tire

PLEASE order your tires BEFORE you go to the event. Call Keith @ 817-877-1772
www.roadamerica.com to get directions, hot lap around the track, track map etc……..

OP
OP
C

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is your last reminder!! Only 6 days before the Road America event. We still have a few slots available. Give me a ring or see our web site for setails! www.viperdays.com 847-594-8477 and ask for Courtney

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spectators are welcome but only if we have your name and get you a wrist band. No exceptions. Sorry Track policy. If you have not visited this world class track ....try to get here...it is worth it!
Hope to see you at the track,
Skip

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny Wheelen, Bill Pemberton keep a look out both sides of your windows, not your rear view mirrors but your side windows as I wave when I go by you. Sonny hope you got your car all ready to go! To anyone considering going or whom ever reads this you absolutely do not want to miss the fun at this track. If it is better than Virginia,which how can anything be better than Va, I don't know how anyone could have more fun. And just think you get to spend time with Bill Pemberton.
Skip and Courtney, Tracy and Linda I can't wait for a great couple of days.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Bernie,

I talked to Sonny Whelen, and he said he would be doing some Wheel-ing - mainly by you down the straights ! Both of us will keep you in our mirrors, though my rear view one is awfully small, so I may not be able to pick up your little speck of Red as you disappear in the distance. Whelen has a big mirror so he might be able to see you up to a mile behind him.

PS - Sonny has a new motor and true to NASCAR rules, he is only cheatin a liddle bit. Iffen I wuz u, I'd be SKARED !