Viper Days at VIR

vipergts1960

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't able to attend Viper Days at VIR this past weekend but I thought someone would post some pictures and comments by now. Did anyone go?

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual, it was a great time. Unlike the norm, the weather was tremendous with lower humidity combined with sunny sky. There was a pretty good turnout from the VA/MD chapter-some of which were posted in the regional thread before the weekend.

I'm sure most folks got home late on Sunday night-although I know that some only drove on Saturday. There was a very talented photographer there taking pictures, and I bought all of the pictures of my car, but won't have them for a couple weeks.

If my daughter took anything worthwhile I'll post that in the regional thread.

From my recall-in attendance from VA was George Murray, Sam Donaldson, Butch and his son Troy who are from Richmond. Theo K. Mike O'Brien from Fredericksburg and a few more that didn't meet. I've found it difficult to make contact with everyone in the pit area based on license plates as the time between track sessions goes by so fast and there is always a lot of other great folks that I know from previous ViperDays. The Corvette group was well represented in the driving school classes, even more than last year which was good to see. Those Z06's were running times as low as 2:06 and a relatively stock '07 Z06 that was back again last year had improved his times from 2:17 even with me to 2:14's! There was even a Lambo Gallardo that a woman had recently purchased running in the green group.

I didn't see one of the most exciting things that those who arrived late Thursday to participate in Friday's test and tune for advanced drivers...apparently Dodge had rented the track for several days prior and had several of the pre-production '08 Vipers there. I hear that the Venom Red and Green looked GREAT!

Jim

Last edited: