Viper dragrace ends w/wreck and Viper on fire in CA

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other Viper left the scene. The guy in the burnt Viper had minor head and chest injuries.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you too are also acting like a 13 year old on a honda thread:eater::eater::eater::eater:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The Viper was racing another Viper, so they need extra space to do that. In all probability,
this Viper went out of it's lane.

On a dual highway (which PCH is on this section) you don't... unless you're passing a car,
or lost control. From everything I've read on this it appears the driver lost control before
leaving his lane, and (as of today) no charges have been filed and the second car hasn't
been officially identified. To me it sounds like the guy may have just been showing off and
got bit.

But that's not the point I was making - When you made your post you had no way of knowing
if the viper driver was even at fault. Hindsight 20/20 is fine, but I think its a HUGE mistake
thinking that just because its a woman driver and/or she is a mom that she is somehow a
less risky driver. I put 100k+ a year on the highways and my personal experience is that ever
since they moved kids into the back seat the roads have become considerably less safe for
everyone else.

I may stand alone on this (which seems to be the norm these days) but my condolences go
out to the viper driver. I am a firm believer that good people can sometimes make stupid
mistakes and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise here. A good individual may have made
a choice that will cost him the rest of his life, gladly no one was permanently injured in this
one.

Last edited:

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://malibu.patch.com/articles/malibu-viper-crash-not-due-to-racing-sergeant-says

The Thanksgiving weekend crash involving a Viper and a Nissan Pathfinder on Pacific Coast Highway near Trancas Canyon Road did not involve drag racing, Sgt. Phil Brooks, traffic head at the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff's Station, told the Malibu Public Safety Commission at its monthly meeting last week........

.....Brooks said Vipers are problematic because they are not built like most sports cars. While the weight of other vehicles is balanced, 70 percent of the Viper's weight is in the front.

"So when you accelerate that car, you instantly lose traction in the back," Brooks said.

:brick:

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks you Sgt. Brooks, you complete dumb as$. Another "expert" who has no idea what he is talking about but gets quoted in the press.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Amazing what some of these people come on here & say. They have NO IDEA what they're talking about, but in the end it's all about how the media spins it! jmo

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Amazing what some of these people come on here & say. They have NO IDEA what they're talking about, but in the end it's all about how the media spins it! jmo

I have to agree with you 100% there. I am surprised at the number of people that appear to think that what is reported in local news is true, and love to argue over facts that don't really exist. I have had personal knowlege of 3 or 4 things that got reported in local news. 100% of those stories were either incorrect or misleading. The reality here is that most peolple just use the news stories as entertainment as they were meant to be. It really doesn't matter what the facts are if it is happening to strangers.