viper driver side window only rolls down half way?

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My auto down/up for door opening isn't working now on either side. I'm about to put the car up for sale before anything else goes wrong. Under 16k miles. None of my Ford's had this issue.

Over a window regulator issue, which is common to many other vehicles/brands?? Or have you had a bunch of other problems?

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
We need to make this a big issue at VOI 12 when we see the SRT guys. They have to know that before we buy another Viper ( which Id like to do- Gen5), we expect some help with this design flaw. I asked the question regarding the Gen 5 window regulator and was told that it was redesigned and that also the door opening for it was enlarged for easier access. They know it's an issue to the point it was redesigned for the Gen 5. Now they have to step up and design an inexpensive fix for all the Gen 3 and Gen 4 owners. We as a group must DEMAND this. I've ranted about this on other threds before so sorry for repeating myself.---Dave

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to make this a big issue at VOI 12 when we see the SRT guys. They have to know that before we buy another Viper ( which Id like to do- Gen5), we expect some help with this design flaw. I asked the question regarding the Gen 5 window regulator and was told that it was redesigned and that also the door opening for it was enlarged for easier access. They know it's an issue to the point it was redesigned for the Gen 5. Now they have to step up and design an inexpensive fix for all the Gen 3 and Gen 4 owners. We as a group must DEMAND this. I've ranted about this on other threds before so sorry for repeating myself.---Dave

Yep. Just because I own a Viper doesn't mean that I'm made of money.

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave this issue just makes me sick. I talked to a Dodge rep last week but the car is out of warranty and I will look for the Caravan regulator. He logged the issue so I will see what they plan on doing from Dodge as they ought to have known.....a PITA.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave this issue just makes me sick. I talked to a Dodge rep last week but the car is out of warranty and I will look for the Caravan regulator. He logged the issue so I will see what they plan on doing from Dodge as they ought to have known.....a PITA.

Again, it's fairly obvious that Dodge does not want to take ownership of this design flaw/disconnect. Perhaps a method of selling more extended warranties?
This part is way too prone to failure, IMO.