Viper engine details released.

OP
OP
K

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New clue as to what sort of monster is gonna be under the hood:
Dodge revealed today at SEMA an 800 hp version of their 8.4L and a 650 hp upgrade for the mk III engine.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet they sell a lot of these. I guess it would even work with the SRT10 Rams...

Enthusiasts looking to extract up to 150 more horsepower from their Gen III Dodge Viper can now bolt on a Performance Upgrade Kit, part number P5156137, to their stock V-10 engine. Each kit includes a pair of aluminum cylinder heads (machined to fit the Gen III block), a custom upper intake manifold with a larger throttle body, fuel rails and injectors. The stock engine controller will have to be re-flashed.

With the Performance Upgrade Kit, owners will see up to 650 horsepower from their existing engine while still maintaining excellent low-end drivability.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/11/01/4021539/mopar-to-highlight-cubic-inches.html#ixzz1cTTFjwVt

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to get dialed in right. Extra cubes doesn't always mean more power or better performance. 426 Hemi is better than 440 Magnum. 427 Ford Side Oiler is better than 429 Cobra Jet. 427 Chevy is better than 454. In the end, it is all in the details and configuration specifics. I am sure they are working on something truly amazing and with more cubes, they will have more to work with. The good news is it is going up not down like Chevy and Ford seem to be doing in their cubes.