Viper Events at Summit Point WV

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any VCA or Viper events at Summit Point, West Virginia? We go there for track events. I didn't see any events there on the VCA calender. Thanks

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are there any VCA or Viper events at Summit Point, West Virginia? We go there for track events. I didn't see any events there on the VCA calender. Thanks

I go to Summitt Point several times a year for FATT (Friday at the Track) I'm signed up for June 20 and July 25.

For more info on FATT, go to BSR Inc. and click through till "Recreation and Safety" and then FATT. It's a great time and well worth it. if you sign up, send me a PM.

You can also attend with the Ferrari club. I'm told that as long as they don't sell all the slots to F-cars, they open it up to us. You can go here http://www.fwash.com/tce/pdf/lastradamaestra_may08.pdf and watch for future newsletters when they announce the date. If I can work it into the schedule, I'll be there. Should be lots of fun to run with those underpowered cars.

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go to Summitt Point several times a year for FATT (Friday at the Track) I'm signed up for June 20 and July 25.

For more info on FATT, go to BSR Inc. and click through till "Recreation and Safety" and then FATT. It's a great time and well worth it. if you sign up, send me a PM.

You can also attend with the Ferrari club. I'm told that as long as they don't sell all the slots to F-cars, they open it up to us. You can go here http://www.fwash.com/tce/pdf/lastradamaestra_may08.pdf and watch for future newsletters when they announce the date. If I can work it into the schedule, I'll be there. Should be lots of fun to run with those underpowered cars.

Thanks for the response. We are at FATT and Seat Time very often. What car do you drive? Maybe we know you. We have driven several cars there, a silver Vet, and red Vet and a Porsche Turbo.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. We are at FATT and Seat Time very often. What car do you drive? Maybe we know you. We have driven several cars there, a silver Vet, and red Vet and a Porsche Turbo.

Previously I've driven a 04 Black Vert. In case you missed the story of my last visit and the death of a Viper (not mine) you might want to read this: http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/612971-tale-two-vipers.html

This next visit, June 20, I should have my 06 Blue/White Coupe ready. Should be making somewhere between 900 and 1000 RWHP on 13 lbs boost, which is waaayyyyyy overkill for that track, but it will be fun to see what it can do on the front straight.

There are so many Vettes out there, it would be hard to say if we've ever talked. If you had had your Viper, that I would remember.

What's your best speed on the front straight. I'm still learning my way, but I can hit 140 - 145. There's another Viper in NOVA that has several NA mods. He runs in the advanced group and claims a 160 best speed. That means he's got to get thru turn 10 at Warp speed and that's something I haven't been able to master.

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Previously I've driven a 04 Black Vert. In case you missed the story of my last visit and the death of a Viper (not mine) you might want to read this: http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/612971-tale-two-vipers.html

This next visit, June 20, I should have my 06 Blue/White Coupe ready. Should be making somewhere between 900 and 1000 RWHP on 13 lbs boost, which is waaayyyyyy overkill for that track, but it will be fun to see what it can do on the front straight.

There are so many Vettes out there, it would be hard to say if we've ever talked. If you had had your Viper, that I would remember.

What's your best speed on the front straight. I'm still learning my way, but I can hit 140 - 145. There's another Viper in NOVA that has several NA mods. He runs in the advanced group and claims a 160 best speed. That means he's got to get thru turn 10 at Warp speed and that's something I haven't been able to master.

Deke01, that is what my wife says, there are so many vets no one notices you. She pushed me to get the Viper.

I can believe 160 on the straights. I got to 150 in my Turbo Porsche and I'm not a great driver.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deke01, that is what my wife says, there are so many vets no one notices you. She pushed me to get the Viper.

I can believe 160 on the straights. I got to 150 in my Turbo Porsche and I'm not a great driver.

Your wife is a keeper!

That turbo is a huge diff. My friend who got me hooked on Summit Point runs a NA 911 and hasn't been able to break 135.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas