Viper for Vette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Are you ****ing crazy?? Take your balls out of your wifes purse, stop wearing her skirts and absolutely don't trade a viper for a poser vette!!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I went to a Corvette meeting this weekend and guess what...they were all droooooooooooooling about the SRT-10 ...:drive:

Attachments

• DSC_1223small.jpg
    DSC_1223small.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 39

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister seems to base all Zo6's on his friends car. But some of his rambling and numbers make sense.

Either way. Buy what works for ya and enjoy it.
He basis his numbers on his friends car BUT if youn truely had the same driver of good or better ability in each car the numbers could in ABSOLUTELY no way possible make sence He is trying to compare a high 10 second car with a MAYBE MID 11 SECOND CAR and you cant (AS BASICALLY every person on here thats owned or raced both will tell you ).Plum you dont drag race so i know its hard to understand but the results driver for driver would be very different than him racing his pal who cant drive.

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey I don't care about the numbers really. I just dislike the looks of the Corvette compared to the Viper. I also appreciate the deeper note of the exhaust in the Viper. It is my absolute dream car though so no one would have a chance trading a Corvette for my baby.
I just talked the Sean at Roe though and I will be putting a twin turbo in the Gen IV this winter if the price doesn't kill me though. Then I'll trash the Z06 LOL j/k

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He basis his numbers on his friends car BUT if youn truely had the same driver of good or better ability in each car the numbers could in ABSOLUTELY no way possible make sence He is trying to compare a high 10 second car with a MAYBE MID 11 SECOND CAR and you cant (AS BASICALLY every person on here thats owned or raced both will tell you ).Plum you dont drag race so i know its hard to understand but the results driver for driver would be very different than him racing his pal who cant drive.

Here we go...yet another thread for the enthusiast to crap in....

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go...yet another thread for the enthusiast to crap in....
Here we go ...yet another thread for someone that has never raced or accomplished anything EVER in a Viper to crap in.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man, i cant believe all the vette hate here. over on the vette forums, its just a nice friendly discussion about the 2 cars.

like a few others said though, i would just get what you like. but this is not a straight up trade. the viper is worth a bit more, so he should be coughing up a few grand, to trade cars.

i have always loved the viper, but i just couldnt see myself buying such an unpractical car. not being able to take a nice trip through the mountains, because i cant bring 2 suitcases. so i was deadset, that i would compromise, and get a vette. really awesome car, that can look good with the right mods, and can still be packed up to go on a trip. performance wise, it didnt really matter, cause both cars are so close. and how many of us actually get to drive our cars in a manner, that you would actualy get to excercise its capabilities very often??

but i keep coming back to the viper. i cant get over the fact, that if you parked a ZR1 next to a viper, nobody would even notice the vette there at all. and thats true even if you compared the new ZR1, to a 7 year old viper. so i said screw it, did some research, and decided i could buy a couple dufflebags, to go with the viper. so i can actually use the car for what its meant........ driving. now i just need to find one to buy. lol

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill make an desperate attempt to somewhat keep this on topic before I start my rant..

1BADGTS...I just dont belieave what you say. I dont belieave you are any type of enthusiast for the Viper...

You completely disreguard real world results and continuously fall back on the crutch of the 10.99 that some one suppossedly ran..

OK. Fine lets say that he really ran 10.99 at 128 mph absolutely 100% stock and it's legit and the track isnt a ringer ect.

Lets give you that

What about Banshee who says he went 11.4 at 124 mph in a srt10..What about ....

SpeedFreak.2006Vert...11.5...122.6mph

ViperJim......2003Vert...11.5...121mph

You were very quick to discredit ViperJims run of 11.4 saying he had a aftermarket throttle body...

So if I am gonna belieave you on basically 10.99 or for rounding purpuses 11.0 . Then you have no choice but to belieave me on the results of our stock guys hitting 11.4-11.6 or just for rounding purposes 11.5

So what it boils down to is a car that "can" run 11.0 at 128 mph verses a car that "can" run 11.5 at 124 mph...

THAT IS ONLY 5 TENTHS AND 4 MPH

SRT10'S COME WITH AROUND 440 RWHP...MINE HAS AROUND 500 RWHP....Are you telling me that an addittional 60 rwhp isnt enough to make up a 4 mph advantage??????

Their is nothing so special about my gen3..And my friend is more than capable of putting the pedal to the floor board and changeing a gear..he has two 1000 HP supras after all that he drives him self at the strip

3380 pounds stock

-titanium exhaust (20 pounds from header to tip)
-no cats
-light weight fly wheel
-light weight under drive pulley
-carbon fiber 2008 hood

-kn air intake
-arrow roller rockers
-sct tune

I have reduced a MINIMUM of 100 pounds..the stock exhaust and cats are very HEAVY with the cross over pipeing..

So 32xx pounds and 500 rwhp..

Are you starting to see how insignificant that 4 mph is too me?

So by your logic no bolt on gen3 can touch a stock Z06 because of your never ending praise of the 10.99..

By my logic it's a 31xx pound 440 stock Z06 against my 32xx pound bolt on 500 rwhp gen3 Viper...

And yes I would still choose a gen3 viper over a C6Z06. this is my third viper purchase. I could have easily gotten a C6z06 more than a few times. But it dosent move my soul the way a Viper does..

You can polish up anything and add what ever you want to make it shine and fast ect. But at the end of the day no matter how much you polish and modify a common item. it will still be common...i wont go as far as calling the Z06 a "****"...But you see were im going with this

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
man, i cant believe all the vette hate here. over on the vette forums, its just a nice friendly discussion about the 2 cars.

like a few others said though, i would just get what you like. but this is not a straight up trade. the viper is worth a bit more, so he should be coughing up a few grand, to trade cars.

i have always loved the viper, but i just couldnt see myself buying such an unpractical car. not being able to take a nice trip through the mountains, because i cant bring 2 suitcases. so i was deadset, that i would compromise, and get a vette. really awesome car, that can look good with the right mods, and can still be packed up to go on a trip. performance wise, it didnt really matter, cause both cars are so close. and how many of us actually get to drive our cars in a manner, that you would actualy get to excercise its capabilities very often??

but i keep coming back to the viper. i cant get over the fact, that if you parked a ZR1 next to a viper, nobody would even notice the vette there at all. and thats true even if you compared the new ZR1, to a 7 year old viper. so i said screw it, did some research, and decided i could buy a couple dufflebags, to go with the viper. so i can actually use the car for what its meant........ driving. now i just need to find one to buy. lol

Wellll, then you never heard of a GTS? Or the ACR and the coupes? 4mph faster than a vert(except the new ACR) and lots of cargo area. I've been cross continent 4times in a Viper. Recently did another 2 weeks trip back from Phoenix. Drove from BC to Detroit and back in a couple weeks. Took wife's 2 suitcases, shoe suitcase and makeup/toothbrush bag. Also camw home with VOI X chairs (2), VOI X suitcases, some stuff we bought, new clothes, items for resale at oiur store, dozen Tshirts for kids and other presents. Tons of room.

And since you asked, here's the Paxton supercharged GTS I recently drove back from Phoenix. You'd have to removed the C02 Chiller and the Nitrous bottle from the back since those bottles take up most of the room. If you're going to the drag strip, you might want to keep them for those 9 second runs, but if 10seconds is good enough you can leave them at home. I did pack laptop and 3 suitcases, Viper car cover- and bought race harnesses, fire pants, oil blanket Door speaker kit etc. on my way home. (3,000miles). I just installed new tires, new brakes, new fluids, car show stuff, stereo, etc. Here's the ad;

ACR, Paxton supercharged NOS = 802rwhp - ViperClub Classifieds

Don't think there'd be any vette on the road that'd you'd need the Nitrous for, but ...

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what year was a Z06 505bhp? Is the 09 still only 505bhp?

I think that the Z06s came with pretty wheels! I know the Z06 is a "bad ass" car (after someone explains the difference) and I also know that there are a few wives that own them.

I can't tell the difference without the flags/logo other than the plastic window in the hood of a ZR1. Do all vettes get the same wheels?

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TWISTER, i offer proof as Jamies results are all on the drag time website .You refuse to believe them because THEY ARE OUTSIDE OF YOUR WORLD.You really need to get yourself to a top level drag racing facility (by top level i mean a track that holds a MAJOR NHRA EVENT )FOR A SIMPLE TEST AND TUNE NIGHT.If you were to go to Englishtown for example you would see BONE STOCK Z06 running low 11s all night long (this stuff is common place PROVIDED THE DRIVER IS FIRST RATE ).You never answered my question are you will to run your Gen 3 against a driver of my choice in a stock Z06 the results to be braodcasted publically.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak for drag racing, but I know on a road course the C6 z06 holds it's own against a Gen III. Not only do I have friends that run against me, but I've also driven the Z06 on the track. It's fast, and those of you who think it's not are kidding yourselves.

Like Kenric said, there's always a faster car. I don't think the Viper gets as many looks as my Murc, but it certainly holds it's own. Viper vs my 360 was a little more even in the looks department. Viper vs vette in terms of looks? No question, Viper looks better to most people :)

Seriously, though. How many times do people mistake your Viper for a Vette? It happens to me a lot. Let's face it, the Viper and Vette are very closely matched.

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1BADGTS and BUSA dont waste your time on here with twister or the others about the z06.

The fact is the people that own both a viper and a Z06 will agree for 505hp the vette is BALLS fast. Whether your compaing it to a Gen 3 or 4 it doesnt matter it will **** a Gen3 and would put up a damn good fight against a gen4. END OF STORY!

I sold my Z for a viper cause I love the looks of the viper and "race car" feel but i can tell you this my Gen3 stock is slow as hell compared to my z06. Once again END OF STORY!

If you want to be rare and get all the looks from people then you have issues. I dont buy cars cause i want to get noticed. I buy them cause I like them.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You like them because they are rare and you get looks though, right? Even though the looks are from yourself :)?

I love fast cars... all of them. You hit the nail on the head... buy them cause you like them. I know my wife wishes I liked only one car, but that unfortunately isn't the case!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS and BUSA dont waste your time on here with twister or the others about the z06.

The fact is the people that own both a viper and a Z06 will agree for 505hp the vette is BALLS fast. Whether your compaing it to a Gen 3 or 4 it doesnt matter it will **** a Gen3 and would put up a damn good fight against a gen4. END OF STORY!

I sold my Z for a viper cause I love the looks of the viper and "race car" feel but i can tell you this my Gen3 stock is slow as hell compared to my z06. Once again END OF STORY!

If you want to be rare and get all the looks from people then you have issues. I dont buy cars cause i want to get noticed. I buy them cause I like them.

have I not given credit were it's due???

11.0 at 128 verses 11.5 at 124 is a rapeing for the Viper and in the 1/4 mile that is HUGE..

im no Fool...but thats what mods are for and I feel that 1BADGTS isnt giving the modability potential of the gen3's credit were it's do..

The fact is that Im not the only guy here who has dusted C6Z06's in their bolt on srt10's or even bolt on GTS..

Credit should be given both ways..1996 and 2003 are a long time ago compared to the 2006 desighned Z06

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Really? So if the Viper was as common as the Mustang you'd still be willing to fork over Viper money for one?? Sorry Bub, exclusivity is a factor for a lot of people and actually adds to the fun of owning the car. Nothing wrong with that.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>i have always loved the viper, but i just couldnt see myself buying such an unpractical car. not being able to take a nice trip through the mountains, because i cant bring 2 suitcases<<<

Who said that the VIPER has to be a practical car - LMAO. If you do not understand the purpose of the car (Viper), don't talk trash. Buy a minivan.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very well put.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not fair, there is a difference between "Viper's best" and vette hate.

Ted, as long as I've been visiting this site, I'd consider you a "Vette hater". I like my Viper more than my Z06 too, but you don't see me trashing the Corvettes or making stupid comments about them.

Twister and 1BADGTS should just start their own thread, argue and magazine race all they want, then kiss and make up. I'm SO tired of their online banter back and forth in every single one of these threads. SSDD.

In order of quickness, without magazine/bench/video racing:

ZR1 > Gen 4 > Z06 > Gen 3

Arguing about modified cars is just stupid, as both brands can be modified. Guys are putting a $100 pulley, exhaust, and tune on the ZR1 and running 9s with them. Even the Z06 can push 600 rwhp with a cam, exhaust, and tune. Gen 3 kinda ***** for bolt-on mods, but works well with boost.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have both and as stated before, i love them both. The gen 3 is awesome, but doesnt even come close to my ZO6 at any roadcourse or track and both cars are cammed and badass. Why cant everybody just get along. If you own both you have the best of both worlds. The vette is my track beast, the viper picks up the gash:)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While many will.. most will never take their Vette or Viper to a dragstrip or track. Having a collector car or performance car that is impractical as a Vette or Viper is a novelty. The more people that have the same car the less novel or special it becomes.

Really? So if the Viper was as common as the Mustang you'd still be willing to fork over Viper money for one?? Sorry Bub, exclusivity is a factor for a lot of people and actually adds to the fun of owning the car. Nothing wrong with that.

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Really? Exclusivity is a cool factor I guess, but I buy cars for me...not you, or that guy walking down the street giving me the thumbs up or the ******* trying to follow me to take pictures.

I bought a z06 and vettes are very common and guess what? A optioned out z06 in 06 was knocking on the viper price tag with the dealer markups....

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted, as long as I've been visiting this site, I'd consider you a "Vette hater". I like my Viper more than my Z06 too, but you don't see me trashing the Corvettes or making stupid comments about them.

Twister and 1BADGTS should just start their own thread, argue and magazine race all they want, then kiss and make up. I'm SO tired of their online banter back and forth in every single one of these threads. SSDD.

In order of quickness, without magazine/bench/video racing:

ZR1 > Gen 4 > Z06 > Gen 3

Arguing about modified cars is just stupid, as both brands can be modified. Guys are putting a $100 pulley, exhaust, and tune on the ZR1 and running 9s with them. Even the Z06 can push 600 rwhp with a cam, exhaust, and tune. Gen 3 kinda ***** for bolt-on mods, but works well with boost.
PS you forgot to bring up EVAN in your rant.LOL.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS you forgot to bring up EVAN in your rant.LOL.

You know, I have no idea why you are even on this site. Everything I read that you post is "blah blah this and blah blah that". If you aren't a Viper owner anymore, **** off here. I tend to say things straight off the cuff and frankly all we hear from you is nothing but trying to blab about your credentials. This is a Viper Forum and granted alot of us do like other cars, but you seem to have nothing nice to say about Vipers.

As for the Op, Vettes are nice cars but unless you are getting a new Carbon Edition, I think you would be losing money on your purchase.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I have no idea why you are even on this site. Everything I read that you post is "blah blah this and blah blah that". If you aren't a Viper owner anymore, **** off here. I tend to say things straight off the cuff and frankly all we hear from you is nothing but trying to blab about your credentials. This is a Viper Forum and granted alot of us do like other cars, but you seem to have nothing nice to say about Vipers.

As for the Op, Vettes are nice cars but unless you are getting a new Carbon Edition, I think you would be losing money on your purchase.
Interesting ,esp since i propably have owned 5 of them and cordinated DRAG RACING for VCA NJ for years.I probably have had another 5 or more tested by the mags.Quite frankly since i too say things straight off the cuff if i hated the car why would i expose it to the publicity by setting up shootout ect.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting ,esp since i propably have owned 5 of them and cordinated DRAG RACING for VCA NJ for years.I probably have had another 5 or more tested by the mags.Quite frankly since i too say things straight off the cuff if i hated the car why would i expose it to the publicity by setting up shootout ect.

Once again, more "blah blah blah". Can't you just say "I like the car" or "dislike this about the car"? It seems that you are here more to impress than to give objective information. Nineball gave a great perspective but then again why shouldn't he? He owns both and gave an answer that was straight to the point indicative of a person who knows what he is talking about.

And while we are at it, why not give results not just based on 1/4 mile but also road courses? If we simply base the results off of mag times, then the Gen III not only was on par but also beat the Z06 on some tracks. Now throw the Gen IV into the picture and the whole thing becomes pretty much Viper at every track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi