Viper GTS Targa (pics)

str8jakett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, personally, I'd love to see a targa top option on the GTS. For those of us who like the body styling of the GTS, but the open roof of the RT/10 (Or those of us who just can't afford the best of both worlds).

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

This is a 1/18 scale that started as a GT2, btw.

Ryan

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel,

They do work, sort of. You have to cut and paste the full link in your browser (Or click the link and press escape before photopoint transfers you to the unavailable page and then hit return again). It appears photopoint no longer allows direct linking to photo alblums.

Matt

OP
OP
S

str8jakett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right, I forgot Photopoint has changed their policy now or something, you have to pay for the service. These are through Yahoo Briefcase, just click on the My Photo Album link and look for the files names GTSTarga (Although I woudn't care if you wanted to wade through the other photos).

Briefcase

Ryan

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,
that's pretty sweeet. I've been contemplating doing the same thing to one of my 1/18 scale cars. What did you use? A dremel?

Please advise as it looks awesome.
I posted pics of my modded 1/18 bburago in the section dedicated to toys.

Craig

OP
OP
S

str8jakett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, I used a Wizard, just a weaker version of the Dremel. It pooped out on me halfway through, so I finished with a hacksaw. I would suggest cutting with plenty of room to spare for sanding. Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

btw, looked at your pictures, very nice!! I've added a few more pictures of Vipers, along with most of the other projects.

Ryan

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,
I checked out your other works, pretty cool.
One question though,
How do you get the wheels off the maisto cars without breaking them? I can't get them to snap back on, they just sit there.

Thanks

Craig

OP
OP
S

str8jakett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Craig for the comments. I remove Maisto wheels by gripping the axle with a pair of pliers and pulling the wheel off with my hand.I doesn't always work that well, and I've broken a few. A new method I've heard of recently, but haven't tried yet, is to put a flat head screwdriver in between the white sleeve and the round flat rotor looking thing on the axle and twist. Do this a few times on each side of the axle until the wheel pops off. Most Maisto wheels will fit other Maisto cars, but sometimes they won't. I don't roll my cars around, so I have no problem super gluing them. Right now I'm working on fitting UT Corvette C5 rims onto an Auto Art Lexus GS400. Anyway, good luck and let me know how things go.

Oh, and this message board has loads of guys who know just about everything, so you might want to check it out. Scale18 Board

Ryan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte