Viper is home

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car arrived yesterday. What an awesome machine. The balance of rawness and technology is perfect and the interior lay out is very nice. This car really gives you that fighter jet cockpit feel. didn't get to drive it due to the dealership forgetting to include my 30 day tags.

Unfortunately my sales rep Sean at Palmer Dodge didn't disclose some things to me on the cars condition. I trusted him with buying sight unseen as he reassured me the car was "perfect" so it's my own fault. He assured me the car had no swirls in the paint, that's not the case, there are swirls everywhere from improper wash at the dealership. There was a small paint chip on the side of the door from someone opening it carelessly and hitting a wall or something. Lastly and most disappointing, the rear third brake light with the stroker logo is cracked. This looks like a pain to replace due to the sealant used to adhere the carbon fiber to the trunk. Sean has been avoiding retiring my calls all week since receiving payment. Before that he would always answer. I hate dealing with dealerships. Hopefully he will return my call today.

As for the Viper, I love it. The stock exhaust note is beautiful and overall such an evolution from my 99 ACR.

Cheers,
George

You must be registered for see images attach

Me and my two sons
You must be registered for see images

My oldest when we had our 99 ACR

Last edited:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, love the black on black (and love the engine crib).

It's unfortunate on all the issues, the cracked logo would drive me nuts, how do you not see that!? All of that is fixable, but I realize what a pain that would be. A good detailer can get the swirl out, some touch up paint, but I think a trip to the dealer might be required on the brake light. Of course you're going to get the stealership to pay for all that...

Anyway, the big picture is WOW, enjoy the heck out of it.

TRH1962

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your better at handling that than me, It would just have to go right back to the dealership if it was sent to me like that. Unreal to say the least! Yes, it can all be corrected, but that would be on them once they took it off the transporter again. That baby pic is just the best! Congrats!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I trusted him with buying sight unseen as he reassured me the car was "perfect" so it's my own fault.

Don't say it's "my own fault". What a crock of $hit. Let me go ahead and put Palmer Dodge on my long list of jag offs not to buy from.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture of the baby smiling on the engine has got to be my all time favorite.....

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations. It's possible door was damaged in transit. Hopefully everything is fixed quickly and it brings you and boys many years of enjoyment.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. The GM from the dealership called me back and they are going to cover the rear light under warranty. They are also going to pay for the paint correction.

Now I need to find a dealership in my area that I can trust to replace the cracked brake light.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is certainly not OP's fault for the issues. He was willing to take the chance that it would not be up to his standards by buying it sight unseen, and inspecting it only following delivery. The risks are obvious, and sometimes things don't work out like one wishes for.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Dodge customer service last night in hopes of them directing me to a reputable Viper certified dealership. They are going to have someone from the SRT section call me Monday. We will see what they say. The gentleman I spoke to couldn't even find my name registered to the car. It looks like Palmer didn't even put the car in my name.

That rear brake light that's cracked is my only real main concern and it just looks like a big pain to replace. Don't want the dealership doing the work to cause more damage replacing it.

Just a heads up to anyone that is looking to deal with Palmer Dodge, stay away from Sean O'Grady! Found out that he's a kid, maybe 25 years old, has zero skills when dealing with customer service.

Last edited:

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
7th Sign....even with the few fixes, I love your car!!!!! When I bought my Gen 3, the guy told me it was perfect also. Come to find the tires were 11 years old, shocks were all leaking, it had the mufflers cut out and had strait pipes, and had an oil leak. I bought it anyway hoping it would all work out because I beat him up on price pretty hard. But I spent about 4K on fixes.....and love my car now. I kind of figured I gave my Viper a good home whereas the guy before me was not taking care of it. I feel like I adopted a kid!

Having my first Viper has also led me to participating in car shows...which was a very unexpected enjoyable new hobby. Lots of great car guys/gals in my small town that I never knew about. Your car is Bad-ass. So freakin jealous!

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. I was soooooo close to buying that exact car a couple of weeks back but ultimately decided on silver from Benchmark in Birmingham. They were great to deal with and the car was perfect when I picked it up and drove it back to Atlanta. I love my new car!

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I just picked up my gen v gts this week too. What a difference from the gen 3. Don't let the three little issues bother you from enjoying your new viper...the dealer can replace the rear brake light pretty quickly.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Dodge customer service last night in hopes of them directing me to a reputable Viper certified dealership. They are going to have someone from the SRT section call me Monday. We will see what they say. The gentleman I spoke to couldn't even find my name registered to the car. It looks like Palmer didn't even put the car in my name.

That rear brake light that's cracked is my only real main concern and it just looks like a big pain to replace. Don't want the dealership doing the work to cause more damage replacing it.

Just a heads up to anyone that is looking to deal with Palmer Dodge, stay away from Sean O'Grady! Found out that he's a kid, maybe 25 years old, has zero skills when dealing with customer service.

I look at this way. Had you done your research here this would have never happen. Buying dodges most expensive car your telling us you only dealt and spoke with the sales rep, your bad and you got what you got. Have you ever read a post with ANYONE being unhappy with Bill P from Woodhouse ? Mark from Woodhouse preparing your car for delivery ? Pricing they paid from Woodhouse ? For you to post what you have degrading a salesman that well is a young man , mid 20's selling Vipers, A true rookie in the world as we know it. Instead of whining here you should at the least being talking with the GM from Palmer Dodge. Had you spoke with him to start with I'm sure you would have received your Viper PERFECT. Your poor process of purchasing a car, slamming a young man who I'm sure had nothing but good intentions to deliver you what you bought. Your putting your POOR PURCHASING PRACTICE on the young man being the root of your problem. Learn how to purchase a car or pay someone to do it for you. Woodhouse is not the only dealer here who delivers what they sell but I speak for Bill P, Mark and Woodhouse because Ive purchased from them. You disgust me to put it on anyone but yourself for not dotting your I's and crossing your T's.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look at this way. Had you done your research here this would have never happen. Buying dodges most expensive car your telling us you only dealt and spoke with the sales rep, your bad and you got what you got. Have you ever read a post with ANYONE being unhappy with Bill P from Woodhouse ? Mark from Woodhouse preparing your car for delivery ? Pricing they paid from Woodhouse ? For you to post what you have degrading a salesman that well is a young man , mid 20's selling Vipers, A true rookie in the world as we know it. Instead of whining here you should at the least being talking with the GM from Palmer Dodge. Had you spoke with him to start with I'm sure you would have received your Viper PERFECT. Your poor process of purchasing a car, slamming a young man who I'm sure had nothing but good intentions to deliver you what you bought. Your putting your POOR PURCHASING PRACTICE on the young man being the root of your problem. Learn how to purchase a car or pay someone to do it for you. Woodhouse is not the only dealer here who delivers what they sell but I speak for Bill P, Mark and Woodhouse because Ive purchased from them. You disgust me to put it on anyone but yourself for not dotting your I's and crossing your T's.

The more I read this, I didn't notice you named the salesman by name. Dude this kid has a nice case to sue you for defamation. You went and posted his name on social media, REALLY?????? I'm going to make a call to let this kid know and be aware what your doing. Your decisions are so apparent to why your in the situation you in.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is his fault that the dealer misrepresented the vehicles condition, a new vehicle at that?

Not quite.

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is his fault that the dealer misrepresented the vehicles condition, a new vehicle at that?

Not quite.

EXACTLY my thoughts!!!! With it being new...(sticker still on the windshield.) It is absolutely reasonable for a buyer to assume it is in perfect condition unless otherwise stated by the seller...which the "rookie" sales guy stated it was. Shame on the salesperson for NOT returning a customers calls! And a customer that just spent $100K on a car!!! Sorry, but that dealer and sales guy are in the wrong for delivering a "NEW" car with that kind of damage when it was communicated as being perfect... And I believe 7th Sign....because I doubt he would have done the deal if the sales kid said..."oh ya, it has bad swirl marks from our shop, they broke the tail light and gave it some chips in the paint!.....you OK with that?"

Complete B.S. for a new car sale. Defamation??? haha...that kid got the feedback he deserved...especially for not returning calls. What a punk! Sales 101...return the customer's calls!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not quite.

No, I wouldn't say what WANTED said; but, I would say that the OP decided to take the opinion of a rookie salesman and bought the car sight unseen. He expressed a certain amount of indignation about the condition of the car based upon the description of a car salesman that he had no experience with. I agree that the car is not what I would describe as Perfect condition. Did it leave the showroom in that condition? Who knows? I do know that one should never ever trust the description of a car by a car salesman. Never ever. Not even from Woodhouse. The OP is not responsible that the car was misrepresented, he is responsible only for taking the risk that the car was not in the condition that he wanted it to be. This is not the first post like this by people who have bought Vipers sight unseen, and then were dissatisfied by some appearance related issues discovered when they first saw the car when it was delivered to their door step.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I read this, I didn't notice you named the salesman by name. Dude this kid has a nice case to sue you for defamation. You went and posted his name on social media, REALLY?????? I'm going to make a call to let this kid know and be aware what your doing. Your decisions are so apparent to why your in the situation you in.

Nobody's gonna sue anybody for defamation you blithering fool. He trusted someone's word and got burned. The salesman dropped the ball...and I'm sure others were involved in the misrepresentation. You just sit around spring loaded like a Jack in the Box, just waiting to whine about something. Piss off.

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Gotta love how mean all Black looks

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WANTED your crazy what goes around comes around why would you bad mouth someone that trust people from the dealership !!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WANTED your crazy what goes around comes around why would you bad mouth someone that trust people from the dealership !!

Basically, he didn't do his homework on purchasing this viper. Then makes this post for all to feel sorry for him. I'm calling him out on this one. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU NOT TALK TO THE GM OF THE DEALERSHIP BUYING A CAR UNSEEN ??????? Hey, have at me but the OP has not a clue how to purchase a highend car sight unseen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper