"Viper Nation" loves the new coupe???

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Viper Nation\" loves the new coupe???

From Dodge's srt coupe website:

http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/viper_srt10_coupe/index.html

"The 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 has evolved into an all-new coupe—to the acclaim of "Viper Nation," the community of die-hard Viper owners throughout the world."

From everything I've read here (and my own opinion), everyone is pretty disappointed with this thing. Is there another group of viper owners in "bizarro world" that I don't know about? They do like squared things in bizarro world.

Funny how they don't mention the response of the people in the ViperClub.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I like the car. I liked it the first I saw it in Texas. While there are a group that dislike the roof and tail detail, from what I saw at the VOI the naysayers were the vocal minority. I see it as much better received than the convertible. I look forward to owning one.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I think sometimes the engineers and designers have to love their own baby no matter what it looks like. So eventually they start believing it themselves.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I don't hate it...I actually like it somewhat but it just doesn't stand up to the what Viper stands for.

signed,

We now know what 60's corvette owners felt like when the 70's models came out.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I do not hate it either, but if I had to choose between a GEN I, II or III it would be a I or II and money has nothing to do with it.

David

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re:

They put a cup-holder in it. Most car guys would consider that an insult. Oh but wait -- lets put some gauges down by your knee. Fat chance one would ever have time to glance at them while on the track. And lets add a stupid-looking non-functional trim-ring around the shifter...

Hell -- if I wanted a Toyota -- I'd just buy a damned Toyota...

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Evidenty, this guy now works for Dodge. :D

Bob! I wondered where he ended up. I guess he couldn't find a FrenchFry company to work for.

As to my question... Who are these people in the "Viper Nation" that Dodge refers to? I've seen a pro-viper website by that name, but don't see any forum messages being for or against the new coupe.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

"and the new coupe will drag the stomachs from the Z06's and burn them"

"the new coupe is loved by many, including the goats and llamas of our city"

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

If they don't throw another 50 horses at it, DC is just plain ********. Howard Stern Whack Pack ********.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Re:

I was considering buying a Gen II GTS, but decided to wait until the Gen III Coupe came out. Now that I've seen the final version, I'm considering a GR-1 :laugh:

Good job, Dodge. Ignore your current Viper owners then scratch your heads when sales are in the dumps. Underpowered engine and uninspiring design.

I just hope it doesn't do so poorly that the Viper division is scrapped entirely.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: \"Viper Nation\" loves the new coupe???

Is there another group of viper owners in "bizarro world" that I don't know about?

Yeah, its called the "Alley" (viperally.com - just spell it right) - they're all certifiable, every last one. Don't believe me? Stop in and tell them your a friend of mine and see what they do.... :)

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"Viper Nation\" loves the new coupe???

Is there another group of viper owners in "bizarro world" that I don't know about?

Yeah, its called the "Alley" (viperally.com - just spell it right) - they're all certifiable, every last one. Don't believe me? Stop in and tell them your a friend of mine and see what they do.... :)

Certifiable or not, they don't much like the coupe either.