Viper on Ebay? - Just Curious...

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd definitely ask why the hood doesn't close all the way. There is a huge gap above the headlights. I probably wouldn't give too much over $30,000 since it has a nitrous kit and over 40,000 miles. You can bet it wasn't babied. If you're that serious about buying it, offer them $28,000 and see if they take it.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hillbilly Tech 101

"NOS bottles come with siphon tubes and, in order to maintain proper nitrous pickup, it is important to mount the bottle correctly. We recommend mounting the bottle at a 15 degree angle with the valve end higher than the bottom of the bottle. The valve end of the bottle should point to the front of the vehicle and the valve knob and label should face straight up."

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hillbilly Tech 101

"NOS bottles come with siphon tubes and, in order to maintain proper nitrous pickup, it is important to mount the bottle correctly. We recommend mounting the bottle at a 15 degree angle with the valve end higher than the bottom of the bottle. The valve end of the bottle should point to the front of the vehicle and the valve knob and label should face straight up."

You must be registered for see images attach

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear bumper is missing in the nitros bottle picture. But there in all the other pics. That item in the lower right corner of the same picture is nothing I have seen before. Better have a real pro look at this one. Good Luck :eek:

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does not appear when you supersize the original photo in the Ebay listing. may just be a camera refraction or something. Right now I am not "considering" it. I have considered too many too quickly. I am researching it before really considering making an offer. I have learned from my mistakes.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually that looks alot like one of the cars you see at a show with nonfunctional NOS. They always talk HP#'s then add exactly what the package with the jets says as a final # on the spray. It's always fun to ask them what plugs they run when they spray. Answers are like Splitfire or NGK. Ask them what they run for timing and the will tell you how much they advanced it to make big power. Vette guys do this stuff big time, so do Ricers.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think the mileage is high, I would just be worried about the NOS and abuse it took...

For a 10yr old car, its only 4K/yr...

Maybe he'll let it go cheap!!!!

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With that many miles and a nitrous kit in the trunk, you might want to consider a compression check to be sure the pi$$ hasn't been run out of the engine......my two cents.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry too much about the hood....Mine was worse than that when I bought it, and I was able to adjust it back pretty close.
I think it has the wrong front fascia....Or at least the fog light cover is missing...
Also, a 135hp shot of NOS is not that much, so engine abuse shouldnt be too big a deal.
I would still check this car out good.
Cheers,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang