Viper Performance Chip

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see ongoing discussions about turbos and superchargers, but what about performance chips for Vipers?

I would be very surprised if it did not exist since I see them for most other high performance vehicles.

If so, I would like to get all of the who's, what's, where's, etc. as well as price.

Also, what will it really give you in terms of performance...good and bad!

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!!!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have been waiting for a performance chip since 1995, and i am still waiting. if you are looking for a performance chip you are out of luck. there are items out there that will fool the stock ECU but other than that you are out of luck unless you have done lots of mods to your snake. If you are in the process of doing lots of mods you need to go with a stand alone fuel management system such as motec. There are others but why mess around with second rate systems.

OP
OP
N

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my reason for asking the question..they keep building a bigger and better mouse trap!

S

SUN RA KAT

The Sean Roe VEC1 comes close to what you are asking for.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken there will never be a chip that you can buy. The computer would have to be replaced entirely. Hemidaytona said it correctly when he said a Motec unit is the best way to go for a highly modified car. I believe those run about 20K and you have to do the mapping yourself. For more info contact SVSi as they have been doing it a few years for their twin turbo land speed record Stryker car and they can fill you in.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Kind of progressive for FORD to share with aftermarket companies. Maybe DC do likewise............
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0212_q400/

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>To advance to the next level, Steeda tapped in to the SEMA Technology Initiative, a program launched by the Specialty Equipment Market Association to facilitate the sharing of OEM vehicle data with the aftermarket companies. Through a pilot program, Ford agreed to work with non-original Mustang suppliers to divulge technical data that would enable the affordable development of quality parts and OBD-II-compliant modifications. Two years in development, the Steeda Q400 represents the first complete vehicle to be offered through this program.
[/list]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper