Viper pics from the track... thanks to Rob Stave!

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was up at Lime Rock Park in CT this past weekend at an event hosted by the Ferrari Club of America. Surprisingly (I say that because I was expecting the sterotype...), there were a decent group of guys there. Of course there were a few that had some really big checkbooks and thought Michael Schumacher was their closest relative, but overall some really cool car guys.

While I have another gen 2 Viper, this is my latest track toy. It's nothing much to look at (especially up close), and certainly not as fast as some of todays fastest cars, but loads of fun! It ran really well and it didn't take long to get it fairly well sorted. The tires on it are junk (several years old), but regardless the car is still pretty fast. I did have have an incident on the last lap of the day... my PLASTIC (yes plastic) PS pump pulley broke while getting a little sideways coming out of Big Bend, and that got interesting really fast, but other than that everything went really well! A new billet PS pulley and PS pump bracket (also known to fail on these cars) is was ordered (thankls Jon!), so hopefully I'll be ready to get back on the track again soon.

Anyway, I received an email from a gentleman by the name of Rob Stave that had stopped over to check out my car and seemed interested in picking up a Viper himself. It turns out he's getting started in the photog world and took some shots of my car to help build his portfolio, and later sent some to me Monday morning via email. I thought this was REALLY nice of him and I thought I'd share his work with you guys...

You must be registered for see images attach

And a few he "processed":

Here are a couple I took with my cell as well:

The new (to me) used trailer...

And a couple of a few of the Ferrari's (cell pics)...

Overall it was a great time, and it was really cool of Rob to send these images he took! I wish him the best of luck with his photog endeavors! :2tu:

red heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 yrs ago I was at pocono raceway with my 02 RT/10 when the power steering hose blew apart when I was going thru the tunnel turn. very scary. I managed to keep the car on the track until I got into pit lane. fortunately, I was wearing a brown racing suit that day:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang