Viper Plant Goes Into OT

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I keep hearing that $4 gas will kill all of the high horsepower, or large cubic in. engines that are being made now. It's ironic that MANY of these high horsepower and "gas guzzlers" are being made, sold, and driven in Europe, even though gas costs between $6 and $7 a gallon, and maybe more now. Do people really think that out of 300 million people, Chrysler won't sell 1,500 new Vipers because of $4 gas? What a joke! Then I also hear......well.....look at all the 06's still on lots.......my answer then is....... Well.......people knew that a new car was coming out, and they are waiting to purchase then! Let's be real.....$4 gas won't hold people with the urge to spend from buying a new Viper......$3 a gallon gas doesn't deter me WHAT-SO-EVER from driving the Viper anywhere! Remember the difference of .50 per gallon is only $5 total increase with 10 gallons of gas.....if someone can afford a Viper, they can afford to put $4 gas in it!
Its not much different for us Viper owners then a SUV driver or most others. The Viper is a toy to most and a second, 3rd or even 5th car. So they dont see as many miles. And those that put 15k miles a year probably get as good of mileage as a SUV. Its when you only drive it on the weekends and drive it hard that you see 10mpg or less. I dont think it will bother any of us if gas goes up. I definately wont sell or stop driving the Viper. It would be nice to still be paying $2 a gallon, but those days are gone.

Last edited:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$4 gas will tick me off but the economy is cranking so who's really sweating it?

Real estate has pulled back from a huge boom and now the stock market is talking off. If your not better better off today than you were 10 years ago you haven't been trying. Nor should you care then. IMO

That green is fantastic but I could'nt pull it off. Thumbs up to those who can though.

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When mine shows up you can see how beautiful it looks in person. I'm 20 minutes away.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just hope they take their time building mine ... the perfect beast :D

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overtime? Hmm, tired workers.

I'd rather see them work overtime and have the same or more time per car, than to speed up the line and have less time - seems like the latter would result in more problems than the former.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then what were all of those TEN-HOUR days and SATURDAYS that we used to work at Conner? It sure felt like OT -- usually unpaid -- to me!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

When did OT usually kick in - after 8 hours? We work 10 hour days in my company all the time, with OT after 40 accumlative hours during any week.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i ran into tiffany last night and she said the move to AL had aged her

image001.jpg