Viper prices

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a Viper with the intention of enjoying it today, not fretting about tomorrow's market evaluation.

Yes, we all must be "prudent" and grown-up and responsible and evoke good stewardship, but when you're 5, 10, or 20 years older, do you ever relish youself beginning a front porch story with, "Yessiree, let me tell you about the time I was so prudent..." I want to hang with the guy who says, "I had to stretch a tiny bit, but I got a Viper... man, the times I had with that car."

No one will ask if the value held. The value is in the ownership.

Go for it.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an investment, in order to break even you need to appreciate atleast 100 bucks a month just to cover your insurance and we all know that is not happening.

That said we all like when we can have some fun with a car for a while and be able to sell it without it depreciating too too much. As far as that goes the Vipers hold their values much better than most cars.

I personally think the Viper is the best investment I ever made. It is an investment in my sanity and taking it out and going through the gears makes me feel great. Best stress relief around.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look at it this way, and i think most of us would agree - viper prices most likely wont go down any further than they are right now.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I look at it, total # of GTSs produced was around 7k during the 7 year run (US). As popular as the Viper is and as exclusive as it is and as relevant as it STILL is, buy the damn thing now, and enjoy the hell out of it. A good chunk of them have been totaled so they are rarer still. Parts are available but they aren't cheap. I can't think of another car that looks this good, was made in such few numbers and is still as popular as when it was produced with maybe the exception of the Countach which only produced around 1,500 during its run.

Ron

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LIFE:
This car was an investment in my life, and i expect the returns to be unlimited with enjoyment & pleasure for me as well as the people i share it with.

MONEY:
To put things in perspective, The muscle cars of say 1963-1972. There were SO many of them. Different makes/models. But they were all pretty much the same. ALL now desirable. and something like a 426hemi selling for much more when in reality it was not all that better than all the others.

Looking back 10yrs from now, there will only be ONE, the Gen2 Viper. There is nothing in this era to compare to it. and even if there was, then the viper would still be on top similar to the 426H

by the numbers:
~11,000 426hemis produced
~11,240 Gen2Vipers produced

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would you say a bone stock 1996 B&W GTS with around 9,000miles be worth?

Besides having the original stock seats which are brand new wrapped in plastic.. Would having custom Venzano interior decrease, increase or not affect the price at all?? :confused:

Last edited:

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Besides having the original stock seats which are brand new wrapped in plastic.. Would having custom Venzano interior decrease, increase or not affect the price at all?? :confused:

That interior kills it's future and current value. What do you guys think about the Gen III? It's starting to grow on me, but it's really taken a resale beating.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Decrease. Usually wayyyy too gaudy.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That interior kills it's future and current value. What do you guys think about the Gen III? It's starting to grow on me, but it's really taken a resale beating.

Decrease. Usually wayyyy too gaudy.

Yea I figured that might be the case. I still think it looks better though regardless; but thanks for your responses!

Also, I'm sure you both saw this in my previous post but what about the fact that I still have the original interior(which is brand new) to go along with the car? I'm not looking to sell the car at all.. considering I haven't even received it yet. I'm just kinda curious to find out what kind of value I'm going to have on the car that's all.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As an investment, in order to break even you need to appreciate atleast 100 bucks a month just to cover your insurance and we all know that is not happening

Depends on the company. Mine is $207 every 6 months full coverage, with a $500 ded through GEICO. Travelers quoted close to the same rate at $212 per 6 mo.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I figured that might be the case. I still think it looks better though regardless; but thanks for your responses!

Also, I'm sure you both saw this in my previous post but what about the fact that I still have the original interior(which is brand new) to go along with the car? I'm not looking to sell the car at all.. considering I haven't even received it yet. I'm just kinda curious to find out what kind of value I'm going to have on the car that's all.

A Venzano interior gaudy and decrease the value??? Are you guys nuts? Venzano interiors are absolutely gorgeous. My friend and neighbor had his interior done by Venzano on his 2000 steel gray, you can see the pics here: http://www.venzanoviper.com/images/cars/steelcitygrey/a-pillar-hires.jpg Gaudy, not! Its more gorgeous in person.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Venzano interior gaudy and decrease the value??? Are you guys nuts? Venzano interiors are absolutely gorgeous. My friend and neighbor had his interior done by Venzano on his 2000 steel gray, you can see the pics here: http://www.venzanoviper.com/images/cars/steelcitygrey/a-pillar-hires.jpg Gaudy, not! Its more gorgeous in person.

Yes I agree- that interior looks very nice... I think I saw that on the Venzano website :)

Here is my interior:
You must be registered for see images

I just bought a new blue and black Alpine iDA-X100 Receiver which will match this interior very well I think.. :cool:

Last edited:

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score

$50-52k would probably be fair

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe I'm out of the norm but if I was in the market for a Viper and ran across one with a Venanzo interior that was tastefully done, I'd be willing to pay a little extra if I had to. But that's just me............

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody has different taste. For me, that much BLUE and with BIG VIPER LETTERS is over the top.
I don't think it adds any value, but if you have the stock seats no problem. To each his own.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think by far one of the best jobs Venzano has done on a Viper is this:

I plan on hitting Tony up in the future to re-touch up mine to look like this one; except in blue instead of yellow obviously.

I also think this is possibly one of the best seat designs I have seen and might consider this as well:

Last edited:

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used OEM Viper seats are cheap. 4 bolts and put a nice set of used OEM seats in the car. Who would be the wiser? Therefore, no, aftermarket seats will not effect resale by more than +/-$1,000.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onerareviper,

Do you go through Findleyville, PA? My friend was behind a silver GTS a few day ago that he said sounded really good. Just wondering if it was you.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody has different taste. For me, that much BLUE and with BIG VIPER LETTERS is over the top.
I don't think it adds any value, but if you have the stock seats no problem. To each his own.
I agree, the Blue and White is a bit much. But that is why they make salt and pepper. To each his own. :dunno:

I would love to get a Venzano interior but it would be all black, just better leather.

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My theory to car value is as follows:

A 45yo man will pay a premium for a car that they wish they could have had when they were 16yo.

The viper peaked in popularity around 1996, a 16yo in 1996 will be 45yo in 2025.

Right now we're entering the "lean years" for the viper's value: it's too new to be collectible by the 40+ age group that has most of the $$, it's starting to be too old to compete with brand new sports cars, and it's still a bit too expensive and impractical for those that grew up loving the car.

If you're looking for a collector car for a good price try to find something that kids from the mid 80's would like, as they'll be reaching "mid-age crisis" mode soon. If only I would have kept that delorean I bought 10 years ago, I would have doubled my $$ today! :-0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960