Viper purchase went bad

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said you had called on the '06 VOI 9 in Red Deer which is White with blue. It is not my color either. There is a very nice 900 HP '05 in our classifieds. Being Yellow is a bonus.:D:D:D

I am a good driver...but not a great driver..LOL.,., Im not sure what the hell I would do with 900 hp. It would be fun but might be more than I could handle. I am old enough and man enough to admit that tht car might be more than I can handle safely.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
High Performance driving lessons is what you need. 900hp is a relative thing. I just bought the 1000rwhp+ car here in Az.

It's actually about 600rwhp and a pussycat to drive with a Paxton. Stock until 3,000rpm. Car has tons of traction while the road is hot. Now, if you want to raise your adreniline ... buy some slicks and turn on the Nitrous kit, re-install the bottles and WOW! 802rwhp.

I plan to do some tastefull mods and change the intake to a cold air system. I have some lightweight rotors and win upgrade to 'ceramic' pads (fron JonB) when I get home. Car has Unitrax rear axles and 3.55 or 3.73 gears in it.

Now, if you don't want huge power and torque, you really DON'T want my Sapphire/Silver (signature) GTS. I am going to upgrade it a little more to about 800rwhp and finish the install on my Nitrous kit. Now that's fun, dangerous, but really really a lot of fun. I have a set of DRs.

My new (as of today) 2000 Paxton GTS ACR.

You must be registered for see images

Ted

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There needs to be a follow up on this thread. Viper Purchase Went Well.

Post some pics when you actually make your deal - whatever it might be.

Greg

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It's Paxtonized! And it has Nitrous Oxide/Methane super system. It does run supersmooth and idles without needing a cupholder. Even though it has a Corsa 3" exhaust and sounds like my 01 Roe GTS, it's quiet. Can't hear it at all while driving down the highway. I'm disappointed without the rumble of the 708 cam and everything shaking because of the loud exhaust of my 01 car. Wife said that she thinks she could enjoy driving this ACR... hmmm, maybe I got that wrong? Anyway, it runs smooth as my Stealth and the car doesn't shake. Although people still walk over to say, "Nice Car", they don't make any comments about racing with this Red GTS ACR.

I had a couple walk up and ask me if it was a Ferrari yesterday. "No." I said. "A Ferrari is pretty slow compared to this car. Even an Enzo (Ferrari's best) is way behind a supercharged Dodge Viper."

I think the wife's cousin in going to start shopping for a Viper in the near future, LOL.

I had help from Eddie Martin who had 8 Vipers in his shop at Bill Luke Dodge. I had Marv S. phone me and offer any help I needed. I had a cop offer any help I could need. The VCA is the GREATEST. The deal was slow, the wire tranfer took 21 hours. I had to wait at the DMV for over an hour to get a 90 day reg. permit and insurance took another hour. Casey left his insurance on the car for an extra day - just to cover me if I had any problems as well as giving me his "EPICWIN" license plate.

So, guess this thread has a Deal ended up good and a holiday post. Ever since we got off the plane it's been 84F and up everyday. Desert Palms in California wasn't any cooler. Laughlin was pretty hot today and sunny. Hotel room is $23 a night. We were going to to Vegas, but heard the rooms stay up around $200 and more. Heard that a decent meal in Vegas is $30 and paid $10 for a decent buffet here today.

Drove hundreds of miles down a California highway that had about 6 corners. All the highway dips made the ride into a roller coaster. Nearly no traffic and we cruised along at 85mph

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Riz ... where's the pics? Can you change the title now?

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So as some of you may be aware there is a new addition to the family on its way. A 2005 SRT Yellow VCA edition will be joining the 98 GTS. It will be leaving Washington tomorrow and will be getting delivered on Wed but unfortunatley I have to get someone to go and get it as I wont get home until Friday but it will be waiting for me locked up in an enclosed trailer. Once I get time I will post some pics for all to see.

Rizzo

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm sure the car is good as I know the old VCA Wash pres. that you bought the car from. Wife and I travelled to Detroit with Paul and his wife Barb. Good people. Visited there with them last week.

Hope you don't mind me posting this pic of your car? Probably nearly half of all the miles on your new car were the Detroit and back trip (easy miles).

Hmmm, yours is parked right next to mine.

Paul and Barb are on right

Nice car!

Ted

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure hope he likes the car when he takes it out of the trailer I put it in and he sees it!
Life here is a little hollow now with no Viper........I'm sure hoping for a status change on my 2010 order...

Prayers are with you and your family Rizzo.

PBR

DANG- Now I have to change my screen name- Perhaps "#0 of 50" ......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I still cannot understand this undying faith in carfax/carcheck. They are not worth the paper they are written on. A car can and very well may have had serious damage and it won't be on carfax. Once again, carfax only can report what is reported to them. If a car has had major damage, and is it fixed by a local repair, it won't be on carfax. Even a great deal of dealerships will not report to carfax. .......Carfax is an indicator and nothing more. In no case should a clean carfax be taken as an absolute. I'm glad you didn't trust the carfax and looked close at the car instead of being disappointed afterwards.

Exactly...........

While the factual info reported on a Carfax can usually be relied on, negative reports mean no information. It does not mean that there are no incidents, it just means they have not been reported.

We have bought many totalled vehicles with completely clean Carfaxs, and a Carfax buyback guarantee applies!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I sure hope he likes the car when he takes it out of the trailer I put it in and he sees it!..............DANG- Now I have to change my screen name- Perhaps "#0 of 50" ......

I warned him that he may have to put new springs in the cushion of the driver seat!!!

[Carfax does not report that the previous owner was gigantic]

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
interesting photo RTTTTEd.. we did a similar rest stop
in Ohio on the way to Detroit and VOI X from Baltimore last fall .

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score