Viper reigns supreme!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Western Canada VCA region hosted a Kelowna Wine Tour again this year. Jim Tait and Craig Sandford added an AutoX event on Sunday this year. Bding Gentlemen and good sports we invited the Porsche and Ferrari club and many others. We had a Mazda rotary, 4 Porsches, a Beamer M5 and a few other machines. My wife like the 500+bhp Mercedes SL63 AMG that showed up. I posted about 40 (?) pics in our regional forum

http://forums.viperclub.org/canada-western/637206-july-2010-okanagan-cruise-track-event.html

You must be registered for see images

Winning car was mine, a Roe supercharged 2001 GTS. second was a stock 2003 (Craig Sandford's), third went to a modified Boxer and fourth went to Greg Weflen in his 97 Blue/white (slightly modded).

I think I could have gone faster in my Paxton ACR because it has much more throttle control while the Roe is so explosive that it is difficult to control. My ACR (US car) is for sale ACR, Paxton supercharged NOS = 802rwhp - ViperClub Classifieds

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Our annual event was a blast. Greek Restaurant and the Belly Dancer grabbed my wife to dance. She got $5!!! I think there was some collusion since I came back to the table and got dragged up for dancing too (No money). As always we had a blast. Winning was bonus and I got to spend quality car time with my son which seldom happens.

My speedo went past the 50,000 mile mark and I now consider the break-in period to be over. We drove all over the Okanagan Valley and did well over a hundred miles per day and my car stayed pretty clean (except for sweaty passengers fingerprints on AutoX day) for the entire 3 days.

Delta Grand Hotel gave us a pretty good discount as well.

Ted

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wished I could go to this trip but had to go crewing for my friend's Austin Healey in Mission at the Wwestwood anniversary vintage race.
Had my car on the track for a few laps with a Carrera GT , Porsche turbo , Ford GT , Noble M400 and few others ,albeit at a slower pace :drive:.Okanagan is the best ,driving the switchbacks :2tu:

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wished I could go to this trip but had to go crewing for my friend's Austin Healey in Mission at the Wwestwood anniversary vintage race.
Had my car on the track for a few laps with a Carrera GT , Porsche turbo , Ford GT , Noble M400 and few others ,albeit at a slower pace :drive:.Okanagan is the best ,driving the switchbacks :2tu:

Nawh, first 200 miles of Highway 20 is BEST by far!!! Only 5 cops and none of them are Traffic. :):headbang:

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, I know Sapphire is fastest, but I keep it secret usually, Lol.

Van GTS, Car Show at Nimpo Lake sept 11 & 12th. I'll post more when I get some info. We have flyin resorts and 2 exceptional restaurants that serve you $70+ meals for $30. Rainbow trout, Glaciers, 800 lakes within 50 miles, 4 Mtn ranges, the famous Bella Coola Hill, etc. etc.

Ted

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Our annual event was a blast. Greek Restaurant and the Belly Dancer grabbed my wife to dance. She got $5!!! I think there was some collusion since I came back to the table and got dragged up for dancing too (No money). As always we had a blast. Winning was bonus and I got to spend quality car time with my son which seldom happens.

My speedo went past the 50,000 mile mark and I now consider the break-in period to be over. We drove all over the Okanagan Valley and did well over a hundred miles per day and my car stayed pretty clean (except for sweaty passengers fingerprints on AutoX day) for the entire 3 days.

Ted

Nice work !! I don't think the Paxton would be quicker although my car with the turbos surprised me at how well it did. You should autocross them both on the same course/same tires.

I was getting a little worried with you talking about table dancing and your speedo in the same post ;)

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice work !! I don't think the Paxton would be quicker although my car with the turbos surprised me at how well it did. You should autocross them both on the same course/same tires.

I was getting a little worried with you talking about table dancing and your speedo in the same post ;)

Thanks Tony, always appreciate your input. I thought that the Paxton power would be easier to apply and the Roe is kinda overkill for the short course. It was all fun, and I admit to preferring the violence of the Roe. I'm building another video of inside the car through the course with my son holding the camera. Good thing I bought a more expensive Magnesium bodied camera 'cause I think he bounced it off a few things during the run.

OK, I admit that I did do a "belly flash". but I didn't rub my asp or make any 'suggestive' motions :lmao: The wife got $5 when she did it so I was thinking that maybe she could earn some moeny towards my 2.8L blower? Unfortunately, she donated the $5 to the REAL Belly dancer and not my blower fund :dunno: No table dancing (Greg would have posted pics I'm sure)for me.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, it was as good as any reason to join the club, that's for sure!
Let me know if you need the membership form.:)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, always appreciate your input. I thought that the Paxton power would be easier to apply and the Roe is kinda overkill for the short course. It was all fun, and I admit to preferring the violence of the Roe. I'm building another video of inside the car through the course with my son holding the camera. Good thing I bought a more expensive Magnesium bodied camera 'cause I think he bounced it off a few things during the run.

Curious what rear ratio you have in the Roe car and what gear you used on course.
I always had a 3.55 and went into second very soon after leaving the line. There was no turn too tight or course too short that it wasn't like a rocket from one corner to the next...WITH autocross tires. I never did autocross after I put the 3.07 back in.

Another notable mention is that I always removed the 10lb pulley and used the 7lb without W/M.
With the turbos (one autocross only, FTD that day) I had minimum boost (7.5lb) and had the timing down to below 10 degrees above 6.4 psi.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Curious what rear ratio you have in the Roe car and what gear you used on course.
I always had a 3.55 and went into second very soon after leaving the line. There was no turn too tight or course too short that it wasn't like a rocket from one corner to the next...WITH autocross tires. I never did autocross after I put the 3.07 back in.

Another notable mention is that I always removed the 10lb pulley and used the 7lb without W/M.
With the turbos (one autocross only, FTD that day) I had minimum boost (7.5lb) and had the timing down to below 10 degrees above 6.4 psi.

3.07 gears. Start first, smoke the tires slowly to control drift and grab second right away, drift a little more and slow for the 160D turn. Run second all the way using the throttle to steer around the tight corners. First timed fun I tried to use the throttle to steer around the cones but they were too close and I tweaked a cond (costing me 5sec) so I only used the throttle to drift slightly (most of the time) and steer from the back. I was over cautious and with new tires and some driving lessons I could really improve my times.

I was told by two members that I should better my performance before next year or they plan to take the trophy. :lmao:

Next AutoX will be at SLC for VOI. I'd like the 2.8L on my car before VOI. Larry Macedo is working on "Skulls" GTS and I'm waiting to see how that turns out. I think it might be an idea to keep your idea of a lower hp tune for AutoX etc.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jim Hatch (VCA member) attended our Wine Tour/AuoX event and last week he photochopped another pic of my Sapphire GTS with the engine in the background showing the VIPER logo just above the car. I wanted to show other Car guys what is possible with a good camera and someone using photoshop ... Jim Hatch has a presence on Fine Art - Art Prints - Fine Art Prints - Greeting Cards - Posters - Originals - Buy Art Online - Sell Art Online and his photo website can be accessed from there. Some of you guys might want him to build you a picture as well.

Thanks Jim.
Ted

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted, your Viper is a nice lookin' machine! I cannot wait to get my RT/10 and join the Western VCA membership and officialy enjoy future Viper gatherings!

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ted, your Viper is a nice lookin' machine! I cannot wait to get my RT/10 and join the Western VCA membership and officialy enjoy future Viper gatherings!

Thank you.

We definitely do have a lot of fun. Think you'll be signed up soon enought to go to VOI 11 with us? Might want to phone the posted (in the VOI thread) number and buy tickets fo the VOI now? Mabye get a rebate once you get a registration number and can join?

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62