VIPER TAX......

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the Zero Altitude center trim rings in brushed. There are two small rings and two thin ones. I paid $249 for 4 tiny pieces of aluminum. I almost fell out of my chair. I thought the Corvette tax was bad on some things. Am I insane to think these parts that cost $2 to mae are selling for $250? I hope they look good :eek:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol. Wait now...you purchased them knowing all of the above? That is why the price is what it is.

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are now an offical BIG SHOT. please do not be confuseD .they are looking at the car not you when your driving down the street .BUTT WHEN YOU BUY PARTS THEY LOOK INTO YOUR WALLET AND SEE THE GREEN BACKS AND THEY SAY WHAT A GREAT LOOKING GUY YOU ARE .that will be $800.for a new ass tray.....o well good luck any how

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great country ! :2tu:

Only in America could you find someone who spent beaucoup dollars on a vehicle like a Viper complaining about the value of some "jewelry" for their mistress.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a look at MGW. They advertise and support VCA and this site. They have a nice billet, CNC set for $120. Other neat goodies to dress up your car, and no Viper Tax :>)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a different bezel set that I now don't care for. If I thought I could get them off I would.

Quality looks very aftermarket.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are now an offical BIG SHOT. please do not be confuseD .they are looking at the car not you when your driving down the street .BUTT WHEN YOU BUY PARTS THEY LOOK INTO YOUR WALLET AND SEE THE GREEN BACKS AND THEY SAY WHAT A GREAT LOOKING GUY YOU ARE .that will be $800.for a new ass tray.....o well good luck any how

Are you off your meds bro? I don't speak vulcan. :smirk:

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a look at MGW. They advertise and support VCA and this site. They have a nice billet, CNC set for $120. Other neat goodies to dress up your car, and no Viper Tax :>)

I actually got them off of parts rack site. :2tu:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I somehow managed to stifle a laugh Monday when the dealer quoted me $459 for a muffler heat shield. I replied, "Viper tax?" He laughed.

I mean, this thing isn't much more than a couple of pieces of aluminum foil with a thin piece of insulation between them and a few rivets to two aluminum brackets on the side. I was guessing it would be $100 and was hoping closer to $50.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I somehow managed to stifle a laugh Monday when the dealer quoted me $459 for a muffler heat shield. I replied, "Viper tax?" He laughed.

I mean, this thing isn't much more than a couple of pieces of aluminum foil with a thin piece of insulation between them and a few rivets to two aluminum brackets on the side. I was guessing it would be $100 and was hoping closer to $50.

Make your own insulation with fiberglass wrap.

It will be better than factory, only drawback is that it retains humidity if you do not drive your car a lot, and will eventually rust your pipes... (unless you have S/S)

This will take a few years, so unless you plan on keeping your car forever, just go ahead and do it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you off your meds bro? I don't speak vulcan. :smirk:

You'll get used to Roofum's posts and start to understand them over time ;)

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the Zero Altitude center trim rings in brushed. There are two small rings and two thin ones. I paid $249 for 4 tiny pieces of aluminum. I almost fell out of my chair. I thought the Corvette tax was bad on some things. Am I insane to think these parts that cost $2 to mae are selling for $250? I hope they look good :eek:

I bought those from Zero Altitude a while ago. The two thin ones (for the speedo and the RPM) are total piece of crap!! You will not be able to tell if they are even there! I called and returned those two.

Bought the other 4 rings for vertical gauges from MGW....very nice!!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Stick with MGW. Very good quality and fair prices.

Did you get your wheels / tires mounted?

Crystal Cove this weekend?

Dan

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet Dan. I forged pulled the normal crap and promised the wheels last week. They wont be ready until the 20th. These wheels were from a viper guy who backed out, I thought I was lucky. I forged called me 20 minutes before I went to pick the wheels up and said they went to put the center caps in and the powdercoating was to thick. They needed to strip it and redo it. I'm going crazy not driving this thing. The tires are sitting in the garage.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
So put the stockers back on and drive it!

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold em. I have no wheels to put on the car. Hence the blocks. It was great shipping them.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold em. I have no wheels to put on the car. Hence the blocks. It was great shipping them.

LOL...your not the only one...I think there is a picture floating around of my car sitting on bricks waiting for new wheels to show up.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so is the Ferrari tax. Spark plugs cost $20.00 each and can not be bought anywhere else. Does anyone know if MGW makes trim rings for the tach, speedo, and the gas gauge?

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lambo tax is even worse.

Bolt: $22
Remove Engine to install bolt: $3,205

When your a paycheck player like myself, you don't have to worry about that kind of tax! :D

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL...your not the only one...I think there is a picture floating around of my car sitting on bricks waiting for new wheels to show up.

*****, doesnt it! :2tu:

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Did they give you any crap for returning them? :2tu:

Not really....They mentioned that some other folks who had bought them in the past weren't very pleased with the quality either so he offered to take them back....I agreed to whatever they were willing to refund...

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have never seen one post of yours that makes sense. If you are a former short bus rider, I apologize. If not, please think before you post.
P.S. Quit using Caps all the time. It shows ignorance.